Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And most those hours are my kids playing... Dipshit...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 10:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shorah...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished RDR2. Greatest game ever? Maybe...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, so I watched the recap from RDR1. I had completely forgotten how it ended. While playing the epilogue, I kept waiting for something to happen to Abigail and Jack.

Everything wrapped up nicely...:up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just installed it... Should I even waste my time?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 04:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, stick with Call of Duty :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't played that game since Doom... Grow up...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's funny cuz I stopped playing quake for cod and stopped playing cod for quake....derp....

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 11:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spiderman

Only smashed a few hours in but I love it so far. The city feels alive and the web swinging is brilliant once you have gotten used to how it works. I am going to sink some hours into this one :D

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-29-2018 09:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
It's funny cuz I stopped playing quake for cod and stopped playing cod for quake....derp....

I would’ve thought you had to stop because of the blood clots forming in your legs.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-29-2018 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I leg press 800 pounds easily...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-17-2019 06:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started playing Subnautica. I like the whole premise of the game and most of the way it's executed, but so far it feels too much like progress is based on coincidences (like accidentally running into a resource you need).

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-24-2019 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Started playing Subnautica. I like the whole premise of the game and most of the way it's executed, but so far it feels too much like progress is based on coincidences (like accidentally running into a resource you need).

games pretty fun in VR if you already know the controls. FOV/HUD is kinda wonky so reading tooltips is pretty hilarious. Otherwise its really enjoyable.

Still playing Beat Saber mostly. Been dicking around with the new Call Of Duty on weekends. Been fun.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-24-2019 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally started playing No Man's Sky Next after finishing Witcher 3. Game was tough as shit on survival mode and me not having any clue on what to do while constantly dying on the toxic world it started me out on. Finally getting the hang of it and built myself a cozy cabin on a peaceful but icy blizzard world away from all the murderous planets.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-24-2019 10:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Spiderman

Only smashed a few hours in but I love it so far. The city feels alive and the web swinging is brilliant once you have gotten used to how it works. I am going to sink some hours into this one :D

Completed it mate

Great game - now on to the DLC

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 03:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So Anthem seemed to be a whole lot of meh.
Tried and tested gameplay ideas forged into one game, not really shining in any department.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 04:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I kinda liked it. It has good fight mechanics, the controls are intuitive and it's very pretty. It reminds me a bit of Dark Souls with Iron Man suits.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Tried and tested gameplay ideas forged into one game, not really shining in any department.

Destiny with Ray Tracing and Blur you cant disable.

Big old Meh from me too.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 02:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They added a turn-based combat mode to Pillars of Eternity 2 recently, so I took the plunge and am currently playing that.

It's a much better game than the first one, and really feels like a proper successor to the Baldur's Gate games. It has none of the lore-dumps of the first game, and a lighter tone overall, while being absolutely massive in scope. It also retains the painterly look of the old Infinity Engine games while adding excellent 3D characters, animations, lighting and effects.

The turn-based mode is fab and has an excellent amount of options, making it the best turn-based combat in an RPG since Temple of Elemental Evil. The enemy AI needs polishing a bit, and there's a few bugs that need ironing out, but it's otherwise all good.

Thoroughly recommended.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 02:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea I think that's my issue with PoE1. I'm playing through it but every character has this 300 words vignette that doesn't really lead anywhere.
Really hard to focus on what's actually relevant to my quest and what's just another piece of that nameless NPCs backstory.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 02:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, you've ran into the Kickstarter Backer problem. A lot of the characters in the first game are ones representing Kickstarter backers, and have no relevance to the story. I think there's an option to turn them off in the preferences, and you're probably best off doing that.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-07-2019 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

Is it just me or can you not see what the fuck is going on in that game? Everything you fire all hell breaks loose. Oh, and the walking from a to b buts. Fuck that.

Crackdown plz.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 03:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
I think there's an option to turn them off in the preferences, and you're probably best off doing that.

seems like there isnt. I google for it and a lot of people seem to be annoyed by this.
guess I'll just have to filter them out manually :dork:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 03:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apex Legends is pretty damn fun. Would highly recommend people checking it out. The whole Hero/BR thing works really well.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 03:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
seems like there isnt. I google for it and a lot of people seem to be annoyed by this.
guess I'll just have to filter them out manually :dork:

In the second game, they're a lot less intrusive, as I think they've been given a reason for being. There's a fair few NPCs dotted around that you can pay to train you in skills, and I suspect they're based on backers, given their chat portraits.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 04:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Apex Legends is pretty damn fun. Would highly recommend people checking it out. The whole Hero/BR thing works really well.

Yeah I second this, great little gem of a game. I hope they do well with it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 08:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

Yes.
At first I thought, eh another BR game.
But the combination with Heroes and Titanfall mobility make it pfg.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-09-2019 04:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apex is fun

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2019 06:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this like Fortnite where you can die in a split second while it takes at least 5 minutes from collecting 100 peeps to actual gameplay?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-09-2019 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's another Battle Royal type game. Loot, loot, kill. Loot, loot, kill. Die. Rinse, repeat.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-09-2019 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Is this like Fortnite where you can die in a split second while it takes at least 5 minutes from collecting 100 peeps to actual gameplay?

It's like fortnite but without the cringy stuff, more serious while focussing on skill rather than on building and goofing around.

The fact that it has hotkeys for communication instead of for emotes is telling.

Of course you could still get eliminated rather quickly if your team gets blindsided. That's just part of the genre I suppose.
Difference is that if you get killed your teammates can take your 'banner' and take it to a respawn point. So as long as one of your 3 player squad is still alive you're never completely eliminated.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-09-2019 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Eraser wrote:

It's like fortnite but without the cringy stuff, more serious while focussing on skill rather than on building and goofing around.

The fact that it has hotkeys for communication instead of for emotes is telling.

Of course you could still get eliminated rather quickly if your team gets blindsided. That's just part of the genre I suppose.
Difference is that if you get killed your teammates can take your 'banner' and take it to a respawn point. So as long as one of your 3 player squad is still alive you're never completely eliminated.

Yep the whole revive mechanic with the banners is fantastic. Lots of my top 5 games are from clutch respawns at just perfect times. Get a decent team and you can have a small loadout waiting for you to land, loot up, and get back to wrecking shit.

Really wish I could play it more. M-F Grind has to be saber since thats "work" now and Apex is just so flooded. Still fun weekend/wind down game.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2019 11:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That sounds rather good actually. The thing I hated most about Fortnite is that, as a low skill player, the ratio between playing and waiting to play was just skewed the wrong way.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-10-2019 02:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its a nice break from pubg. More rewarding and a faster pace.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-10-2019 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pubg is ass, that game sucks donkey balls.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.