Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-16-2019 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Scourge wrote:
I've been toying with the idea of switching to the locking tuners for that very reason.

I hear Evertune bridges are awesome. Maybe that's an option.
Don't have experience with them myself though.

I'll definitely give that a look. Not familiar with them. More options is always better. :up:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-17-2019 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
I'll definitely give that a look. Not familiar with them. More options is always better. :up:

Seems like a pretty good design. The only problem I see is that it only seems to come in a fixed bridge. No tremolo at all.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-18-2019 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Star Wars IX wrapped. I finished a few months ago but the wrap party was at the weekend, an odd five years of my life.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-18-2019 04:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dude, that’s a fuckin awesome portfolio. You should be proud...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-18-2019 10:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, nice phantasmagoria :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-19-2019 12:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Star Wars IX wrapped. I finished a few months ago but the wrap party was at the weekend, an odd five years of my life.

That is pretty mega

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-19-2019 08:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

That is pretty mega

Certain people who don't know you brag about knowing of you via Q3W... I'm just sayin' :up: I don't think I'm the only one

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-20-2019 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha that's cool. I think q3w, in part, helped open the gateway so consider it giving back to the community.

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 12:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome phantasmagoria :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 02:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Haha that's cool. I think q3w, in part, helped open the gateway so consider it giving back to the community.

Awesome. I'm going to bookmark your IMDB page as "BFF" then ok?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm only watching these shit movies to support your work :ninja:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 10:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

I tell all my friends I know someone who works on the Star Wars films.

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Phantasmagoria, I checked out your Instagram account. You’re very talented.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Creeper!

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like it :drool:

cheers dekayd. I need to get some more stuff approved to put up on insta. It's interesting comparing what I'm able to do now with what I did on ep7.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-04-2019 06:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought a new laptop. It's an Acer Predator Helios 300. i5 CPU, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 GPU, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD. Probably gonna replace the SSD with a 1GB SSD though. Was a slick deal for only €1050.

It's not top-of-the-line, but definitely good enough to do some serious gaming on there. Besides, most gaming I do these days anyway is Hearthstone and Kerbal Space Program :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-04-2019 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
looks like 3-1 to City from where i'm sitting old boy

also looks like de Bruyne spent the whole game on the bench

£66m :olo:

It finished 4 - 1

But you know...it was 2 - 1 at 88 minutes...not a bad effort from us :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-04-2019 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

I tell all my friends I know someone who works on the Star Wars films.

Yup :ninja:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-05-2019 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I mentioned a while back that I was about to start another Lego Technic build, the Lego Technic 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245.

Here's a 'speed build' video for the record :)

and a picture of my build to date :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-09-2019 02:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks rather complex

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-09-2019 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
That looks rather complex

Apparently it is. I am interested the the air pneumatic system on this and see it working on completion.

Build progresses slowly as I have other dramas about. Toilet cistern leaked (puddle on the floor overnight) and while checking it out I discovered an apparent concealed brass nut & bolt so called a plumber in. Fixed we thought.

Woke to a puddle on the floor :paranoid: again.. Not me... Seems he (plumber) didn't seat the connecting foam rubber seal properly before placing cistern back. This time I fixed and having seen plumber in action, had the knowledge of that brass nut & bolt that started this off.

Woke to another puddle on the floor overnight, again not me.. I discovered the inlet valve has a very fine misty spray intermittently when the valve is closed. This hits the ceramic lid and water dribbles down the outside and you guessed it, there's a puddle on the floor. Oh well, I have learnt all about toilets in the recent days so maybe I am qualified now having completed the apprenticeship..

Another chore delaying the build.: The misses like the idea of a full length mirror in the walk in robe. The sliding door looked the right place to mount it... Did the usual prerequisite 'how to guides' went shopping for the bits & mirror.. It seemed easier to take the door off the slides and that no doubt made the whole mounting thing much easier, thank goodness. Door goes back on PM today.

Today too, I am catching up on some cleaning about as we enjoyed a rather nice BBQ late yesterday that went sometime late into the night :D

Hopefully some more Lego gets done today

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-09-2019 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing Muse on the 28th, then Metric next month :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-10-2019 12:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Too hard to Google their music so any chance of links please Captain Mazda :?:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-10-2019 03:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Muse are amazing live

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-10-2019 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm super stoked, can't wait to see what kind of experience they're gonna put together. Really wanted to catch them on their Drones tour but the timing didn't work out.

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Too hard to Google their music so any chance of links please Captain Mazda :?:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-10-2019 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got back from Bike Week in Dayton Beach. It was pretty cool to see so many bikes in one place.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 03:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm going to reply fuck off to all your bike posts until the weather is good enough for me to ride my bike.

fuck off.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 04:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A few more...

World Famous Iron Horse.

Main Street at night.

Destination Daytona.

Custom built motorcycle with 350 small block V8.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No one knows the world famous Iron Horse.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 06:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
No one knows the world famous Iron Horse.

Apparently it's not world famous, it's "world famous":

https://ironhorsesaloon.com/about/

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How'd I know that the phrase "world famous" would be what the critics focused on?

BTW, how many people do you think have to know of it/you before it/you is considered world famous?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a few million at least.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
How'd I know that the phrase "world famous" would be what the critics focused on?

BTW, how many people do you think have to know of it/you before it/you is considered world famous?

Before you start arguing the bar is indeed famous all over the world, let me tell you that no, it's not. The Eiffel tower is world famous. The White House is world famous. Anne Frank's Achterhuis is world famous.

The use of the term "world famous" in this case is probably used ironically by the owners of the bar themselves.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 11:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
plained wrote:
whoa! a blue guitar!

dont see alot of that

My wife liked the color and just bought it to use as decoration. I played around with it and decided to keep it myself. It's a really cheap acoustic, but it plays as good as some of the more expensive ones I've played. Really surprised me. The brand is Main Street. I think they're $100 brand new.

Here's all of them.

pretty sure she thougt you looked hot with that guitar matching your eyse!

like a handsomer ragnar!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Before you start arguing the bar is indeed famous all over the world, let me tell you that no, it's not. The Eiffel tower is world famous. The White House is world famous. Anne Frank's Achterhuis is world famous.

The use of the term "world famous" in this case is probably used ironically by the owners of the bar themselves.

I wasn't arguing either way. Just posing a question. However, that's the place's name no matter how literal your interpretation.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.