Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-11-2019 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Before you start arguing the bar is indeed famous all over the world, let me tell you that no, it's not. The Eiffel tower is world famous. The White House is world famous. Anne Frank's Achterhuis is world famous.

The use of the term "world famous" in this case is probably used ironically by the owners of the bar themselves.

I read that last line twice as the word ironically stuck in my head... It's then I realized iron as in iron horse and iron as in gold are pronounced so differently...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 12:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
It's then I realized iron as in iron horse and iron as in gold are pronounced so differently

They are? :paranoid:

by the way, iron as in gold? Really?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Contracts exchanged on our new build.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 06:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like you and I might have a race on our hands. Our builder was just selected. We’ll be breaking ground in the next month or so... :D

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

happy days! I've a moving date of 28/6/19 or 6/28/19 for you fucking weirdos

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 09:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, three months is quick. You’ll have me beat for sure. Good times...:up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol dooooombrains house will fall apart inside 5 years...3 months :olo: ...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, lol it's prolly 1500 sqft...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Lol dooooombrains house will fall apart inside 5 years...3 months :olo: ...

Just because its 3 months away doesn't mean that's how long it takes to build.

Well, not in Doombrains case anyway. It might take that long if you use fake brick and shit wood for everything. But for a premium house, it's a count down.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Imagine being that much of a moron you need that explained to you :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 07:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff is implying that 3 months is fast, not slow...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 07:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol Euros... So poor and ignorant...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 11:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Geoff is implying that 3 months is fast, not slow...

And I am saying that Doombrains house hasn't taken 3 months to build; it's taken longer. There is just 3 months to go, from now. It was already being built.

Seriously, is it just me on this?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 11:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What the fuck Geoff. Just because I stopped you trolling on discord you’re on over drive here :olo:

It’s got three months left on the build, you bellwhack.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 12:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Seriously, is it just me on this?

Apparently so. Typically, in my experience, contracts are signed before a build starts. When Doombrain said contracts had been signed, I assumed work had not begun. I assume Geoff thought the same...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haha geoff thinks houses take three months to build

speaks volumes about his own opulent manor

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know anything about poor people houses, but custom homes like I'm used to take about a year to build... Anything less is LOL...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"custom homes" :olo:

they're all custom you plank

unless you were buying from the Sears catalogue in 1920 :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol clueless moron thinks all homes are custom... :olo: ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are builders that build tract or spec homes in very short periods of times. 3 months is rather quick, but not impossible. Those homes are built by the same set of plans, over and over with little to no deviations. Therefore they're not considered "custom". Custom homes are individually designed, planed and constructed to the owners specification. Depending on size, those homes can take years to build.

http://www.neahomes.com/custom-v-spec-v ... homes.html

Hope that helps the construction-ally handicapped.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
It's then I realized iron as in iron horse and iron as in gold are pronounced so differently

They are? :paranoid:

by the way, iron as in gold? Really?

Yea, I thought about that as I typed the words. A few base metals went through my head in those moments, tin for one but probably the word steel suits here :smirk: Although it's not an element, it seems the best fit...
That reminds me, there have been a few questions on those late afternnon TV quiz shows about the elements on the periodic table. In high school days I could do well answering any question regards the elements but these days I get a little rusty (pun intended) :D :olo:

For your interest try this
Quote:
https://www.ptable.com/
Interactive periodic table with dynamic layouts showing names, electrons, oxidation, trend visualization, orbitals, isotopes, and compound search.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 02:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
There are builders that build tract or spec homes in very short periods of times. 3 months is rather quick, but not impossible. Those homes are built by the same set of plans, over and over with little to no deviations. Therefore they're not considered "custom". Custom homes are individually designed, planed and constructed to the owners specification. Depending on size, those homes can take years to build.

http://www.neahomes.com/custom-v-spec-v ... homes.html

Hope that helps the construction-ally handicapped.

* in the US

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 02:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol geoff lives in a 50yr old piecemeal shack with a fake brick bar and he trying to sound like an expert on new homes.

Congrats Doombrain.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus shaft is so jellus... :olo: ...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 03:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pipe down, geoff

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-13-2019 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
................. ..Lego Technic build, the Lego Technic 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 .............

Well, done and dusted :up: I'd have to say it was the most challenging build of all my Lego Technic model builds to date but so enjoyable. My next Lego challenge is to order some spare parts because on some builds there is a part missing, just sometimes. It would help and be handy to have a few common 'spare parts' to call upon.

I know I am really careful in the assembly process and the instructions provided are detailed for sure but there's usually one or two little pieces missing. Usually there not are not crucial, maybe not really necessary for the operation or look but for the completeness (is that a word?) I like them there. It's just me here I know :smirk:

This last build, one of the final pieces, a red fixing pin (and there aren't too many of these in the set)(pic below) is somehow not there in the few pieces remaining. A little disappointing but the satisfaction is still there having completed the challenge :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-14-2019 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To be honest, I have never, ever had a part missing from any LEGO set.
I know a friend who has tons of LEGO had it once, but LEGO usually is quite secure in that.
So if you say there's usually parts missing, I'd start to question my own sanity if I were you :p

Really cool set though

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-14-2019 01:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

me neither, and i have a billion sets.
however if you lose or break a piece you can get a replacement for free via the lego website. :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-14-2019 02:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nerd alert...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-14-2019 07:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Current contract is up. 90% chance of moving to Portland, OR for a year or two for another job.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-15-2019 05:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Portland Maine or Portland Oregon? I drove through Portland Maine last summer and decided to crash in a hotel there. Had to be the most boring spot ever.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-15-2019 06:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool story bro...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-15-2019 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Current contract is up. 90% chance of moving to Portland, OR for a year or two for another job.

Are you going to grow a neck beard and man-bun, wear plaid and get a sleeve? Pretty sure it’s a requirement for being allowed into Portland.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-15-2019 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Cool story bro...

Oh wow, so edgy and brave, you go girl.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-15-2019 09:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

burn!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.