Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-07-2019 09:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished it last night. Last scene is a bit weird but still sorta makes sense. I read the writers imagined Russian Doll as a 3 season affair, so I wonder if we're actually going to get more seasons and if it stays interesting to be honest.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-08-2019 04:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah me too, I liked the ending but there's definitely some room there for more.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-09-2019 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Watched the first two episodes of Russian Doll. Netflix started playing the trailer and I liked what I saw. Remembered you mentioning it was good so I stuck with it. Pretty good.

Read about Russian Doll here and thought to have a look. Looks like something I'd enjoy watching so thanks, I'll let you know.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-23-2019 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't viewed Russian Doll as yet but if you get a chance find and watch The Cry. Only 4 episodes, seemingly slow but captivating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cry_(2018_TV_series)

The final episode tonight promises to be a knock out.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-24-2019 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by SoM on 03-02-2019 12:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-25-2019 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your mum, taking a shower

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-02-2019 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-02-2019 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-02-2019 09:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: Currently watching..... Well, on the tube and that term stems from 'cathode ray' for the young here :) I am currently watching on 'free to air' TV the reality show Married at First Sight . It is the Australian version but I am reasonably sure there's a version your way. The show is based on a Danish series of the same name titled Gift Ved Første Blik/.

I say 'reality' but the behaviour and goings on :rolleyes: It has to be scripted you'd think. I am amazed at these plastic people but then some might say I am on old fart. To see for yourself, Google MAFS Australia. Here's a byte or two for you ...

Click if interested

Hey, if you have a similar story, please report here for the followers :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Married_a ... _TV_series)

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-05-2019 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-15-2019 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Read about Russian Doll here and thought to have a look. Looks like something I'd enjoy watching so thanks, I'll let you know.

Yes, I would have to say it is worth a view if you get the chance :)

8 x 25 minute episodes make it easy and it is relatively easy to follow.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-18-2019 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Death Love + Robots = pretty fun watch.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 10:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Season 5 of Vikings.

I've mentioned the TV show like others here before and still say if you haven't you should :up:

Wiki

Looks like it is heading for a 6th season too.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-03-2019 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: Currently watching.....Cleaning Up (TV series)

A British television drama series in six-parts and not too bad as they go about Sam, a separated mother and office cleaner resorts to insider trading in order to pay her gambling debts.

Plot from the Wiki
Quote:
Sam Cook is a cleaner at Kramer Lowe, a financial company in Canary Wharf. Struggling to get by on her zero-hour contract with contractor Xenco Clean, she is drowning in debt, addicted to gambling, and faces her ex-husband trying to get full-time custody of their two daughters. After overhearing a stockbroker who is being blackmailed into insider trading, she plunges herself into a shady world of finance.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-04-2019 01:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

American Gods

I've just started this; 2 episodes in but what a program so far. Its utterly odd and very pretty. I cant wait to watch more.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-04-2019 02:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished season 2 of The OA earlier this week, and it holds together much better than the first season, which was oddly compelling up until the very last interpretive dance scene.
It's refreshing seeing someone explore the sci-fi ideas that The OA does, but with less of a focus on there being a technological component to everything, and more of a focus on the metaphysical.
And for a series where the very name means "The Original Angel", it's surprisingly secular. There's a lot of spirituality, but little to no religion.
There is a massive continuity problem involving the French woman, but otherwise it's a good watch. And the last scene is a real mindfuck, and an excellent breach of the fourth wall.
Also, the episode "Syzygy" was fab.

Still watching Star Trek Discovery, which is overall not bad, but is prone to oscillating wildly in the quality of its writing.

And thankfully, season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet dropped this week, and it's as funny as ever. Every episode so far has generated at least one genuine laugh from me, and it's wonderfully profane.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-04-2019 05:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't know there was a season 2 of The OA.
Then again I disliked the.whole Season 1 so it might not be for me.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-04-2019 06:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, there's still something slightly masturbatory about it; every episode is written by the actress in the main role (Brit Marling) and directed by the same guy (Zal Batmanglij).
But it's beautifully shot.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-04-2019 12:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
American Gods

I've just started this; 2 episodes in but what a program so far. Its utterly odd and very pretty. I cant wait to watch more.

Have you watched Legion, Donny?
I can highly recommend that.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Twilight Zone

The original TV Series (1959–1964) and yes, these episodes are in black & white and narrow screen.

I managed to get my hands on all and just started last night and finished the first 4.

Interesting to see the actors and before they were big names, Martin Landau for one. Earl Holliman for another. Both in later sci-fi, Space 1999 and Forbidden Planet.

Great to see the classics again and I look forward to more of this and the later series :up:

IMDB

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 02:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
American Gods

Have you watched Legion, Donny?
I can highly recommend that.

I've not. Added to the list :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 04:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After Life with Ricky Gervais. It's not quite a comedy but has funny moments. Took me a while to get into but slowly but surely it grew on me. It is only 6 episodes though so in absolute time, it didn't take that long though.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
After Life with Ricky Gervais. It's not quite a comedy but has funny moments. Took me a while to get into but slowly but surely it grew on me. It is only 6 episodes though so in absolute time, it didn't take that long though.

I heard about this the other day and the critic wrote it up as quite dark humour. Thanks for the prompt here and I've added to my list. The TV ratings (guess you have them where you're at) are off at the moment and there's little to get excited about on the telly.

EDIT: Episode 1 down & dusted and it's not too bad at all :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-14-2019 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like how he keeps getting into totally pointless arguments with the postman.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-14-2019 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More and more Atmos movies and shows coming out... Domination!...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-15-2019 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Really good :up: and it is only episode 2

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-16-2019 02:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
More and more Atmos movies and shows coming out... Domination!...

lol :dork:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-16-2019 10:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Episode 5 :tear: and episode 6 :up:
Beautiful!

Thanks Eraser, this was really good.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-18-2019 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just started Line of Duty - enjoying it so far :)

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-22-2019 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-28-2019 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:

Some guy painting :smirk: :olo:
So you're an artist SoM? I never pictured you as a brusher/stroker :!:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-29-2019 12:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Just started Line of Duty - enjoying it so far :)

Just finished series 2...very good indeed

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-29-2019 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
SoM wrote:

Some guy painting :smirk: :olo:
So you're an artist SoM? I never pictured you as a brusher/stroker :!:

thats Bob Ross lol
and shes 17 and Japanese :paranoid:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-30-2019 08:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
thats Bob Ross lol
and shes 17 and Japanese :paranoid:

I don't know how I was lead astray here and to see some (SoM) one painting but I see the Japanese girl now :smirk:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-01-2019 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

some new vid from coolermaster

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.