Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
To juxtapose things, you got hit by a car and somehow still come off as the asshole in that situation.

:olo: props

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No car slamming into me could ever hurt me the way text on a forum scarred you for life, Kracass :tear: :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 08:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that's probably good for you bud. I imagine if you're such an asshole that someone tries to run you over in their car, misses and tries twice it'll probably happen again! You can only dodge so many bumpers, or as I like to call them, Captain Mazda triggers.

Last edited by Κracus on 03-22-2019 08:46 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah... Mazda was a total asshole to that guy who accidentally cut him off... Usually Canadians aren't like that... Too much internet?...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Well that's probably good for you bud. I imagine if you're such an asshole that someone tries to run you over in their car, misses and tries twice it'll probably happen again! You can only dodge so many bumpers, or as I like to call them, Captain Mazda triggers.

LOL responding to you should count as volunteering at a mental institution. Time to face the truth Kracass, you tried for years on this forum to desperately create an alter-ego of a successful mafia boss to help you cope with the reality of your own miserable life and got extreeeeemely triggered every time you got called out for your chronic lies that got more and more ridiculous. Then you got mad when no one would believe the smallest things (like buying a cheap second-hand VW) because you had established yourself as a pathological liar. Then you started crying about everyone being against you wah-wah-wah and put me on ignore (yet here you are replying to me like clockwork). No one cares about you or your stories so I'm not sure why you keep beating yourself up over and over. I would totally have a drink with you because I have no ill will towards you or anyone else, but I know that'll never happen because I don't hang out with boring mental rejects like you.

You and gwamps are like the only people on this forum sick enough to actually hold personal grudges over getting flamed and it's really sad. I hope one day you'll get the help you so sorely need. Not gwamps though, his country doesn't have health care.

:olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awww... you think I hold grudges. Type some more and see if you feel any better.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 10:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now this is some good ol’ Q3W banter...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Yeah... Mazda was a total asshole to that guy who accidentally cut him off... Usually Canadians aren't like that... Too much internet?...

If you were bald with that neck beard, you'd be angry too.

Baldzda. :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol canadians arguing

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Awww... you think I hold grudges. Type some more and see if you feel any better.

Oh yeah you do, even the sight of a car makes you angry because it reminds you of my name :olo:

Please come to Toronto at some point so I can hug you with my fully-erect cock because I'm sure as hell not going to that east coast shithole :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 11:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't need reasons to avoid Toronto ugh...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Toronto is the 3rd worldiest of all Canadian cities..

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-22-2019 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And worse than the worst city in America by far... Lol...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-26-2019 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world... Computer problems leading to a new rig for my Wife :D

My Wife scored my old desktop about 4 years ago. It was a nice rig in the day. HDDs in Raid 5 and heaps of storage and I don't think it had an SSD at birth. Were they around then? I think not... I am sure it is on the 2nd GPU. The case/MB/CPU/RAM is now over 11 years old.

Interesting to read the history I saved at the time to my WWW. Check out the link on my website... It says
Quote:
In December 2009 a minor upgrade for the new Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Operating System in which I added another 4 GB of RAM and an Solid State (hard) Drive.

I think it started life as a Windows Vista build...The Samsung 245B monitor survives still today. They made them good back then but I did replace onboard capacitors early in its life.

In the last week the PC has failed to start a number of times and yesterday, well it died :tear: Despite my fault finding skills and lots of reading on the Windows forums I just can't fire it up... There's no BIOS beeps at all.

Time for a new custom PC for the misses :D

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-27-2019 04:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If there's no BIOS beeps then the BIOS chip isn't loading at all. This happens sometimes as there's slight vibration on the motherboard and over time the BIOS chip can work it's way loose. What you're describing is a PC that won't post. You should pop open the case, find the BIOS chip (it's usually black and bit bigger) and press it down into the motherboard. If you're not sure which one is the BIOS chip, just find any chip you see on the motherboard and with firm pressure press it down into the board but you know, not with herculean strength, you don't want to break it.

If that doesn't work and you're feeling adventurous you can always strip the entire motherboard of all components. Anything that'll come off needs to be removed. Take pics, set the stuff aside and prop the motherboard on a baking sheet. Using small aliminum foil balls and placing them where the screws go into the motherboard between the cookie sheet and the motherboard so the board is effectively floating on the cookie sheet. Preheat an oven to 275f and then place the motherboard in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes. Warning, this doesn't smell great.

It'll melt the soldering points and if any were worn out it should re-connect them.

If course, know this is all at your own caution, any of these processes could absolutely render the motherboard useless but if you've got nothing else to lose why not?

I have a desktop I fixed like that, been running for over 10 years.

Edit: As mentioned, this is if you know it's not the power supply, usually there's an LED light that'll turn on even if nothing else is working assuming the LED is connected to the motherboard.

Last edited by Κracus on 03-27-2019 09:43 AM, edited 1 time in total.

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 03-27-2019 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Re: What is new in your little world... Computer problems leading to a new rig for my Wife :D

My Wife scored my old desktop about 4 years ago. It was a nice rig in the day. HDDs in Raid 5 and heaps of storage and I don't think it had an SSD at birth. Were they around then? I think not... I am sure it is on the 2nd GPU. The case/MB/CPU/RAM is now over 11 years old.

Interesting to read the history I saved at the time to my WWW. Check out the link on my website... It says
Quote:
In December 2009 a minor upgrade for the new Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Operating System in which I added another 4 GB of RAM and an Solid State (hard) Drive.

I think it started life as a Windows Vista build...The Samsung 245B monitor survives still today. They made them good back then but I did replace onboard capacitors early in its life.

In the last week the PC has failed to start a number of times and yesterday, well it died :tear: Despite my fault finding skills and lots of reading on the Windows forums I just can't fire it up... There's no BIOS beeps at all.

Time for a new custom PC for the misses :D

Whisky 7 you mentioned nothing of swapping out your power supply. Without trying to troubleshoot it (I am sure you have tried everything) the PC parts innards are well past it’s use.
Have fun with the pc build. Use quality parts though!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-27-2019 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:arrow: Κracus, thanks for the suggestions. I should have mentioned no POST. Did I mention that I have already removed then replaced all components and wiring, tried minimal/swapped RAM etc. to no good? I still can't find anything like that BIOS chip you mention and I have the manual too but it didn't help.

I have heard of the oven bake idea but don't think I will try as I have ordered a new rig.

Good news 1
As I was about to tear it down this morning, I thought one last hurrah as I know this old machine backwards, forwards and inside out. An old friend.. I fiddled, poked & prodded some more...Well I was blown away.. BIOS beeps.. Hooray... Short lived as it froze minutes afterwards but I was able to grab the OS licence key... (See post in W10 Forum)

Rebooted a number of times and just about to rip it apart ....then beeps! BIOS couldn't find the OS! Sorted that out (crossed SATA leads I guess) so I started backing up important stuff then it froze again. Try as I may for an hour or so it never lived again :tear:

I have ripped the guts out of it now and saved anything I might use someday and I remembered to take out the genuine Win OS DVD from the old optical drive. I am feeling like I need to bury this old friend :tear:

Good news 2

I ordered a new custom PC to be built for my Wife and it is due in two days and I didn't buy the offered OS, hopefully I can get the W10Pro back using the key I have.

:arrow: dekayd. The PSU is good. I ran a voltmeter over it and the LED light flashes when it tried to boot. Case/CPU fans run fine too while trying. Classic no POST symptom.

Yes, the PC innards are well past use by date...

Reading for those that follow
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm

EDIT: A couple of hours later..
The PC shop called and the rig is ready to be collected :up:
Challenge, install Windows tomorrow :rolleyes:

EDIT: A day or so later (time fly's by) W10 Pro installed on the new machine.. Not without drama of course as the install didn't recognise the original W7 Ultimate key :rolleyes: I called MS Support and they confirmed a good key, remotely accessed and authenticated the Windows install, All good and the system is up & running and the Wife is appreciative. Thank goodness.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-30-2019 04:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
New Car

That's a crazy car! Congrats :D

I moved from Montreal to Baltimore in January. Anyone in the area?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Picked up my new ride yesterday. My new job does't provide a company vehicle. They provide a sign-on bonus and bi-weekly car allowance. This is the first time in over 20 years I've owned a car that is "mine". But I think I like it. :cool:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 08:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Picked up my new ride yesterday. My new job does't provide a company vehicle. They provide a sign-on bonus and bi-weekly car allowance. This is the first time in over 20 years I've owned a car that is "mine". But I think I like it. :cool:

How come you went with a coupe?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A=Poor... Oh well...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

My wife has sedan. I needed a reliable, economical car that I can put a lot of miles on for work. So a coup works for what a want/need.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
A=Poor... Oh well...

Yes, I'm so poor. Please send me some of your giant pile of money.

Thanks.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

My wife has sedan. I needed a reliable, economical car that I can put a lot of miles on for work. So a coup works for what a want/need.

Oh you have a second car, makes sense :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The 4-door S5 is the mustang of Germany... Owns...

redline
redline
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
The 4-door S5 is the mustang of Germany... Owns...

RS5 Sportback :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even better!...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My wife's, ie my s7 interior is basically identical to this car but mine has the screen that retracts...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Picked up my new ride yesterday.

Nice and so clean :up: and I do mean clean lines.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 06:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks. I think it looks very sleek.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-31-2019 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a fucking Audi... Of course...p

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-01-2019 03:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure if it's just a trick of the light but the front fender color doesn't seem to match the rest of the car..

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-03-2019 04:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Beauty :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-07-2019 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some pics from Muse

Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-07-2019 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.