Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Looking for Android image editor

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looking for Android image editor

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-01-2019 04:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you peeps know of any Android apps that allow me to edit images like Photoshop could or better comparison: Paint.NET, it doesn't have to be as feature rich as PS.
I just want simple drawing tools, cut/copy/paste, layers with blend modes, some basic rotate/resize options, adding text and possibly some basic blur/sharpen effects.

So I'm specifically NOT looking for something that does the whole filters/stickers thing or something that's specifically aimed at retouching photos.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-01-2019 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol really?...

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 04-01-2019 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pixlr?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-01-2019 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll prolly get a pixel 4...

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-02-2019 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Snapseed (free Google app).

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-02-2019 09:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pixlr seems to do quite a few things right. There's no true layer support unfortunately, but the so-called double exposure feature gets me 80% of the way there. It allows me to do free hand drawing and has a color picker. One thing I'm missing though, is freehand and magic wand selections, so I can copy/paste part of a photo onto another photo.

Snapseed does less than Pixlr and does most things less well.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Edit: looks like Pixlr can do what I want it to do. I want to overlay part of a second image over an image, which can be done using double exposure and then using the eraser tool to remove unwanted sections of the overlayed image.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-21-2019 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try XGimp

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-29-2019 10:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This Sketch app by Sony is pretty good. It offers all I need in a package that is just more recognizable when coming from a PS/PSP/Paint.net background. Pixlr just feels a bit foreign to me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ile.sketch

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-09-2019 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Krita found this over at PoE reddit, supposed to be a good painting prog

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2019 09:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not Android though

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.