Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-02-2019 02:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm currently watching Orphan Black. I've come to realize I like brunettes more than blonds.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-02-2019 06:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really enjoyed Orphan Black. Yes, it's a little soapy, but the incredible performances by Tatiana Maslany are fantastic. Each character is unique and distinct. It's a real tour de force.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-02-2019 11:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re Topic: : Currently watching.....

I was checking out PC cases thanks to the video from SoM a couple of posts above when I stumbled on this video about new SSD technology when I saw this case. I have been trying to identify so please help me out here with the brand/make/model :D

YouTube video source

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-03-2019 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

@Whiskey7, i've looked for the case but no luck

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-03-2019 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
:olo:

@Whiskey7, i've looked for the case but no luck

I've been searching to with no joy....

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-09-2019 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Whiskey7 ask on his forum ?

did some oogling, it's a Fractal Design, the S or R models

Define S2 Black

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-09-2019 06:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Off topic I know but I just wanted to thank you SoM as it certaily is the Fractal Design brand :up:

Re: Currently watching....

I am currently watching Lego Masters here but see there are overseas variants

Here

UK

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-14-2019 11:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chernobyl

What an amazing TV series so far - would highly recommend it :up:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-21-2019 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's a music vid, but i stayed for the fight

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-21-2019 01:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Chernobyl

I’ve got the first two episodes on my DVR. Might start this tonight...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-22-2019 02:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One Punch Man season 2 is out... So good...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-22-2019 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
it's a music vid, but i stayed for the fight

It's from the Netflix series "Love, Death + Robots". It's pretty decent :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-22-2019 05:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Love, Death + Robots is fucking amazing. I especially liked the episode with the 3 robots traveling the apocalyptic future. Had me in stitches.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-22-2019 08:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just started watching this TV show about this family whose kid was pushed out of a tower and got crippled and his father goes to work for the king and has to leave home but it turns out it's not kosher and he finds out the king's kids aren's his but his wife's brother's and it all turns sour. Oh and there's also this blonde girl who married this bulky dude and got giant eggs as a wedding present. Kinda weird all so I don't think I'm gonna continue with the second season. Probably gonna get cancelled halfway through anyway.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-22-2019 09:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's worth watching... gets better as time goes on. Probably a good idea to stop around season 7 lol.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-23-2019 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: Currently watching.....

A TV series only 3 episodes in called Timeless.

Hmm, reading the Wiki, I could be watching season 2 as there's a SONY Pictures in the intro... Nah, checked, I am watching season 1, just viewed Ep3.

I love sci-fi and all those time travel paradox problems adding twists to story-lines. This is interesting enough but has left me a little cold. Guess I'll wait an episode or 2 more before deciding to leave on the cutting room floor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeless_(TV_series)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-24-2019 03:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That turned out better than I expected and I didn't expect much. Right from the start the lead actress put me off as unbelievable but she sorta grows into her role better as the seasons progress I guess.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-29-2019 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A really good find SoM, that Early Motorcycle Manufacture - The Rover Imperial (*silent movie) :up:

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 06-01-2019 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agreed, that sucked me in!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-01-2019 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
That turned out better than I expected and I didn't expect much. Right from the start the lead actress put me off as unbelievable but she sorta grows into her role better as the seasons progress I guess.

Yes, Timeless mentioned a few posts up is getting better so I will stick with it a while longer.

Re: Currently watching.....Chimerica

This one is one to watch if you get the chance. Very interesting to the 4th and final episode :up:
Quote:
A photojournalist travels to China with the hopes of finding out who the mysterious man was who was photographed standing defiantly in front of a tank in Tiananmen Square twenty years ago

IMBD

Current Guardian.com news item FYI

Google Images result for ‘Tank Man’

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 06-03-2019 04:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Chernobyl

Aka, watching people die of horrific burns: the series

I just went back and watched the first two seasons of Westworld. Felt like the second season was basically the second season of Prison Break... everyone gets a back story and none of the back stories really matter, except you're never sure what the arc really is so maybe they all matter.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-05-2019 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What only 5 episodes of Chernobyl? Anyway, with the mention of the Chernobyl mini-series I watched The China Syndrome (1979) yesterday as a prelude.

I will say, if you haven't seen The China Syndrome you should :!: Made in '79 it still gives me goosebumps in some scenes.

IMDB

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-05-2019 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-06-2019 02:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
What only 5 episodes of Chernobyl? Anyway, with the mention of the Chernobyl mini-series I watched The China Syndrome (1979) yesterday as a prelude.

I will say, if you haven't seen The China Syndrome you should :!: Made in '79 it still gives me goosebumps in some scenes.

IMDB

Never heard of that one before...thanks Whiskey, I will give it a blast.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-06-2019 03:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lucifer on netflix is definitely a guilty pleasure... It's sooo good. Can't believe all of the actors on that show are 40+

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-06-2019 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We're gonna give Chernobyl a try, heard good things about it. My girlfriend was born in Kiev only a month before the explosion and has bad memories of dealing with the fallout throughout her childhood. Her dad was also involved with the cleanup after the first wave of workers and volunteers dropped dead. Fucking scary shit.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-06-2019 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i still remember lining up to drink iodine

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
i still remember lining up to drink iodine

You were where at the time and only 7 years old?

Re: Currently watching..... Chernobyl .. I just watched the first two episodes and I must say they did a great job creating the atmosphere. The detail and I guess the location makes for just a really good production.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2019 10:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One thing I fear is that (without having seen it yet) a series like Chernobyl will only breed more anti nuclear fission sentiments.

Nuclear fission is by far the cleanest and safest way of generating power, but all people can think of when they hear "nuclear" are bombs and Chernobyl.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't get that vibe from the show at all, but storing nuclear waste from reactors is a major problem worldwide. I'd put that above meltdowns on the danger scale. Even Chernobyl was a perfect storm of ineptitude and oversight where absolutely everything had to be done horribly wrong, intentionally in some cases.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 06:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
storing nuclear waste from reactors is a major problem worldwide

Not as big as people from Greenpeace want you to believe.
The physical amount of nuclear waste that needs long term storage (100+ years) is relatively small. Besides, we can think about solutions for that and ways to handle that. We can manage that. What we can't manage is where CO2 particles go once they leave the chimneys of a coal plant.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or we could stop the oil and coal subsidies and stop corporations from dictating energy policies so we can properly invest in green infrastructure and renewable energy.

Too hard, let's keep stuffing radioactive waste underground.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-20-2019 08:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a surprising amount of ecological pollution from things considered green energy, more so than nuclear. Solar panels for example, not so green when you compare it to a nuclear power plant.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.