Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Anyone play Kerbal Space Program?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Anyone play Kerbal Space Program?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice :up:

With my mun landing, the landing zone was on an incline and two of my landing legs collapsed and my craft fell over, i managed to rotate it using the flywheels so it faced outwards and took off by skidding it over the surface praying it wouldn't hit a rock. My Kerbal was grinning the entire time, the crazy crazy fuck.

Proper scary stuff :!:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-01-2016 05:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That almost happened to me on Minus.
As you can see, there's a hill right behind the lander. I approached the landing site from over those hills. If I had dropped just a tiny bit faster, I'd have touched down on the slope, probably ending up rolling my lander over.

Oh by the way, I can recommend anyone playing on PC to install the Kerbal Engineer Redux mod. In the VAB, it shows you lots of additional info per part and some info per stage. Most importantly the TWR (thrust to weight ratio of the stage, which should be above 1), the delta-v per stage (and totals) and burn time per stage. Incredibly usefu when building rockets.

As you can see on the screenshot, it also shows additional in-flight info. Getting apoapsis and periapsis info in the regular view is useful (don't have to switch over to map view) and knowing how much delta-v is left in a stage is really great when planning maneuvers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-02-2016 06:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duna was less of a success story.
Exact same rocket configuration. Landing went OK-ish, but I landed on an incline. Lander wobbling back and forth. I thought it was SAS causing this so I disabled it. Turned out SAS was actually keeping it straight up.

Not sure if 1363m/s delta-v is enough to get back home anyway.

Here it is in motion

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-02-2016 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, wouldn't take you on a 5 yr mission

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-24-2019 09:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So it took me 7.5 years, but I finally managed to land a Kerbal on Duna and get him safely back home :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-25-2019 02:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats... I still haven't acheived that, I was pretty happy with my mun landing!

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 07-25-2019 03:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All the Apollo stuff has given me the itch to play Kerbal again too actually, I never did get back from Minmus...

Congrats Eraser! getting him back home again too? genuinely impressed

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-20-2019 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-20-2019 05:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that looks super dope. I cannot wait to try it.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-20-2019 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love their trailer.. Not actual gameplay tho :(

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-20-2019 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but it didn't state it was CGI

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're an idiot

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 06:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I love their trailer.. Not actual gameplay tho :(

Some of the trailer is actually based on a fan made trailer for the original KSP, very nice nod to the community.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 01:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's an interview with the creative director on KSP2. There's some pre-alpha in-game footage there:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
You're an idiot

lol :tard:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.