The Matrix 4

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Eraser

The Matrix 4

Post by Eraser »

A 4th Matrix movie has been announced which will star Keeanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss as Neo and Trinity. Lana Wachowski will write and direct the movie.

https://pitchfork.com/news/matrix-4-sta ... announced/

Also, I spotted theaters over here doing showings of 4DX/Dolby Cinema rereleases of the original Matrix movie starting end of August. I'm considering taking a seat.
Κracus

Re: The Matrix 4

Post by Κracus »

I'm in. I watch those movies at least twice a year.
SoM

Post by SoM »

:up: :up:
[color=red][WYD][/color]S[color=red]o[/color]M
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Κracus wrote:I'm in. I watch those movies at least twice a year.
lol
raw

Post by raw »

The logical conclusion point of The Matrix is movie #1. #2 and #3 was a waste and #4 will likely be a cash grab.

Will say Terminator #6 looks to be decent. Looking forward to Linda Hamilton's return. She was always the star of that franchise.
Transient

Post by Transient »

raw wrote:The logical conclusion point of The Matrix is movie #1. #2 and #3 was a waste and #4 will likely be a cash grab.
That's my fear, but I'm keeping an open mind and hoping it turns out OK. When I was a kid, I could quote entire scenes from the first movie. :up:
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Eraser wrote:..............spotted theaters over here doing showings of 4DX/Dolby Cinema re release......... I'm considering taking a seat.
Yes same here.... Checking, :eek: one night only! Ticket booked :D

[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
obsidian

Post by obsidian »

Cinematographer John Toll is on board as well. He’s a legend and has a very very long list of films under his belt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Toll
[size=85][url=http://gtkradiant.com]GtkRadiant[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com]Q3Map2[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/]Shader Manual[/url][/size]
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

obsidian wrote:Cinematographer John Toll is on board as well. He’s a legend and has a very very long list of films under his belt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Toll
:up:
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Got my tickets for The Matrix 20th anniversary edition for september 1st :D
scared?

Post by scared? »

2 and 3 were giant pieces of shit...4 will prolly be even worse...
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Are you reviewing your kids?
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

:olo:

Neo kills an agent with a pencil

A FUCKEN PENCIL
Infernis

Post by Infernis »

I don't understand all the hate against the second one really. I mean, that highway scene alone made it worth your while. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. The third one was a real stinker though.

Of course I got tickets for the anniversary screening and I'm looking forward to the fourth one, but I pratically watch anything with Keanu Reeves in it. But, truth be told, it's probably going to suck major dick.

The Wachowski's haven't made anything good after The Matrix. Ok, they wrote V for Vendetta, I'll give them that, but everything else was a crapfest. Plus, knowing Hollywood, it's going to be woke as fuck to please those out of control liberal nutjobs.
Inf - Leaving in it's torturous wake nothing but vicious, cannabalistic, mutated, radiated and horribly disfigured hordes of satanic killers!
Transient

Post by Transient »

Infernis wrote:Plus, knowing Hollywood, it's going to be woke as fuck to please those out of control liberal nutjobs.
Yeah, fuck inclusivity. :disgust:
Infernis

Post by Infernis »

Transient wrote:
Infernis wrote:Plus, knowing Hollywood, it's going to be woke as fuck to please those out of control liberal nutjobs.
Inf - Leaving in it's torturous wake nothing but vicious, cannabalistic, mutated, radiated and horribly disfigured hordes of satanic killers!
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

Transient wrote:
the Matrix movies were already pretty inclusive from a race and gender POV
Transient

Post by Transient »

Yeah, originally Switch was gonna be a dude when she unplugged, but they nixed the transgender angle because Warner Brothers was afraid of possible backlash. The Matrix is pretty woke (I hate that word), but Hollywood is far from it.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Yeah, those out of control liberal nutjobs who colour their hair purple and make annoying tweets. So much worse than the in-control, mentally healthy conservatives that run people over with cars and fire assault rifles into packed stores.
Infernis

Post by Infernis »

Captain Mazda wrote:
Yeah, those out of control liberal nutjobs who colour their hair purple and make annoying tweets. So much worse than the in-control, mentally healthy conservatives that run people over with cars and fire assault rifles into packed stores.
Guys, I'm not taking sides here. Like Seremtan pointed out, the first Matrix was already very inclusive but it felt natural and not tacked on. I'm refering to the trend of having certain agenda's (regardless from what side) getting forced through our throats in the media we consume. Not everything has to be for everybody. Just do your own thing without needing to constantly worry whether or not some 'group' might feel discriminated.
Transient

Post by Transient »

How exactly is the media you consume being forced down your throat?
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

His girlfriend made him watch Ghostbusters with her.
Infernis

Post by Infernis »

Transient wrote:How exactly is the media you consume being forced down your throat?
Where have you been the last couple of years? Outrage culture has been turned into a weapon. People's careers are being destroyed or at least they are trying to destroy them because not liking something isn't enough. Choosing to say, well that's not for me, simply won't do anymore. They'll keep digging until they find something they can use. That's why the Oscars have no host this year. That's why the Golden Globes will follow that example. It's why James Gunn got kicked off Guardians of Galaxy 3 even though it was about some old tweets for which he had already apologized. It's why Tarantino got so much heat because Margot Robbie doesn't have a lot of lines in his latest movie. It's why Cyberpunk 2077 got attacked because it has a poster in it that apparently was offensive to transgender people and yes, that's why the Ghostbusters or Ocean's 11 got a female only cast or why the new little Mermaid is going to black.

If you know these things beforehand you could avoid certain media, but ultimately the above is a form of censorship so it's still forced whether you like it or not. People will become more careful and I think that's bad for creativity.
Eraser wrote:His girlfriend made him watch Ghostbusters with her.
She did and you know what, I thought it was a terrible movie but that had nothing to do with it having a female cast. But wait, you can't say that online because even the director will call you a misogynist. It was a damn shame too because I liked his previous work and Melissa McCarthy was hilarious in both The Heat and Spy. So I kinda hoped it would be a good movie even though and would have liked to see a third one with the old cast. Well except for Ramis since he's dead and all.
CZghost

Post by CZghost »

Well, that's also why I like old movies more than today movies. Back in the day, making a movie meant free your imagination and do whatever you want. That was kind of killed off when policies stepped in and not even horror movies are saved from today society.
[ Linktree | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram ]
When you feel the worst, turn to the sun and all the shadows will fall behind you.” - John Lennon
Captain

Post by Captain »

OH NO NOT THE OSCARS TOO?!