Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        I am an orphan of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I am an orphan of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started the FPS long time ago with Wolfenstein 3D and I'm doing them all in solo :cool:

But to play online, I am an orphan of Wolfenstein Enemy Territory which I played for years.
What are the current games that can replace it with the same fun of playing as its team multiplayer mode?

Help me ! Thanks

Sorry for my english level, but i'll understand you.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fortnite

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Halo

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

homo

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 05:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello TIFsenior.

I played Wolfenstein Enemy Territory years ago. It was great and maybe I should have another look and play again.

Me, well I am still battling in QC (Quake Champions) as I hope it evolves/develops. Occasionally I will venture into Slither.

Just a thought, what about those Battlefield games? You looked at them?

Then there's (apparently/always) Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike to play in team multiplayer mode :)

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-21-2019 10:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Splash Damage went on to develop Dirty Bomb after Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Brink, all of which share some DNA with Wolf ET.

Interestingly, they seem to be hosting a bunch of files for ET:QW on their site, including demos, patches, a competition mod and the SDK, so it's entirely possible the community's still active.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 05:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks everybody :up:

Several good ideas to explore, I must test and watch videos to get an opinion. Of course I need an FPS, so Fornite is not for me. For other games I have to look at the possibilities of playing as a team which is an important point of the pleasure I have to play online, that was a main reason why I liked to play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 05:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You might also want to look into one of these "Games as a service"-style games, like Destiny 2 or The Division (1&2).
They have a lot of team activities, either competitive (Player versus Player or PvP) or co-operative (Player versus Environment or PvE). And their "Raids" require a LOT of communication to complete.

But if you're an ET player who's in it for that objective-based teamplay, Splash Damage are about the only people still doing it.

There was a great, if short-lived game on the PS3 called M.A.G (Massive Action Game) that took the objective gameplay of ET, mixed it with the progression system of COD and then chucked up to 256 players in the mix. That was fantastic, if crippled by the specs of the platform and the control method. Still kinda bummed that it never made it to the PC.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-22-2019 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TIFsenior wrote:
I started the...

Fuck u... Ban this moron!...

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-23-2019 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Mat Linnett

This evening I tried Dirty Bomb,
It takes more than one night to understand the subtlety of the game and maps but it was a pleasure to play. It seems to match what I'm looking for.

I will still continue to enquire about other games.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-23-2019 09:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glad to hear it. Never played it myself, but it's good to know Splash are still doing what they do best.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-24-2019 02:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While I realize it's not quite the same, isn't Overwatch something worth exploring?

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-24-2019 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes :up: I saw some videos on Youtube. The objective of the game seems cooperative, but there are so many colors and effects that I feel like a game under acid :dts:
:D

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-24-2019 10:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Every colour has a distinct function.
The game looks flashy but it's actually extremely well thought out.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-24-2019 12:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thought the same when I saw the pre-release trailers for Overwatch, but when you're playing the game everything makes perfect sense real quickly.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 12:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK I see, thx for your advices about visuals.

@Whiskey 7
Team Fortress 2 looks good, it matches the style I'm looking for.

For Counter Strike, I think now I'm too old to have a good skill. Some players have been on it for years, I saw competitions in real life, their skill is impressive. Now my skill can not progress anymore, it will slowly decline with my age. It's enough to comfortably finished Rage 2 in nightmare but I think it's not enough for Counter Strike.

I'm going to take a look at Battlefield.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Fortnite

Pretty much.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-25-2019 09:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-26-2019 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just tested Counter Strike: Global Offensive, it's good but as I thought, it's difficult at first. On the plus side, it's free since the end of 2018 and there's some sort of noob mode way to get started.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.