Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What are you listening to

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What are you listening to

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-20-2018 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Great track :up:
Apparently the girl is his 11 year old daughter, who actually did the female vocals for the track. Her name's Persia. According to Wikipedia, his other daughters are called Raven and Echo. Those are friggin' awesome names right?

That is really good :up:

Here again for the followers :)

[/quote]

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-21-2018 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-21-2018 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So is this

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-21-2018 11:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
ALMighty wrote:
A friend of mine showed me this. Pretty badass sounding.
Simple but effective video. I would have preferred less cuts but I like it.

Great track :up:
Apparently the girl is his 11 year old daughter, who actually did the female vocals for the track. Her name's Persia. According to Wikipedia, his other daughters are called Raven and Echo. Those are friggin' awesome names right?

Fucking A they are

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-21-2018 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
vesp wrote:
Ok so now I can't stop browsing "Synthwave" - thanks Phant!
There is a TON of this stuff out there...

NP :) I was lucky enough to see Perturbator (imo pretty much the best of the genre) live last year. I fucking love it. Check out Dan Terminus and GosT too, the Blood Music label introduced me to these bands and it went from there. There are some awesome youtube compilations as well, ThePrimeThantos and Confused Bi-Product of a Misinformed Culture put out some great mixes.

Good recommends

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had some ska on earlier, but got asked to change it 'cos it was too fast, so am now listening to Little Feat's Dixie Chicken.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 07:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My Spotify daily listen list had this on it.
Holy shit! :eek:
(wait for it)

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 08:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh.. wow that hits the spot :up:

edit: listen-through of the album, saved to Spotify :smirk:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you fucks are a bit more receptive to the synthwave than the niche scandinavian metal?

here's some 90s hardware/DOS themed chiptune black synthwave for you philistines..

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-24-2018 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Popped up on my recommended in Sonos. Turns out all his shit is dope.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-01-2018 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-01-2018 10:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A guy I used to work with was related to Olivia Newton John. But that's not the most interesting part of that family tree. Go a little further back, and they're both descended from the nobel prize winning physicist Max Born.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-10-2018 09:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Toto--Wings Of Time (Live)

https://youtu.be/K4EWXv6nNnY

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-10-2018 10:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sCII wrote:

With a nick/name like sCII I had to look at your profile and see joined: 09-04-2006 and total posts:5

I have low post counts in some other forum and still I ask, where have you been?

Re: What are you listening to, I heard this today on the radio... Check it out :D

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-25-2018 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
sCII wrote:

With a nick/name like sCII I had to look at your profile and see joined: 09-04-2006 and total posts:5

I have low post counts in some other forum and still I ask, where have you been?

Incidentally this was actually the very first internet forum I ever joined. I had obtained and played Q3 along with Q3:Team Arena offline from 2002-2004+ and remembered good times, but wasn't capable of online play.
I came here to figure out how to get online without it being glitchy.
However I did not know how to "exist" in forums; etiquette, grammar, and I really didn't know how to ask my question. I managed to play online for 10 minutes and got raped and stopped playing the game anyways, grew out of it. I'm not a gamer.

I found my account confirmation around the time of my last login date/post, which was 2011 and was stunned that I forgot about my very first foray into internet forums. Logged in, posted, then disappeared.

Just a couple weeks ago out of the blue I thought I'd check to see if my account info still logged me in, and what do you know it still works!
I wanted to be "Sci" but forgot to turn caps lock "off", and it was taken. So I selected Scii still with locks on(I was really new to online stuff and usernames, grammar, etc) and that gave me sCII.

Since those days I have created a dozen different forum users for many different things, some of those forums are wastelands today. This forum has THE largest old-school population I've ever seen. Tons of people active after nearly 20 years. People also seem to know eachother pretty well here. I wish I had stuck around.
Maybe I'll find myself visiting more often than I have in the last 12 years, :smirk:

Some ramones today.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-25-2018 11:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

7 years away :eek: :smirk: but a simply lovely post/comment above :up: so I must say welcome back sCII :)
This is a QUIET place now it seems so stick around with me for the years ahead.

Re: What are you listening to... I caught up with some Rick Wakeman

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-12-2018 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-13-2018 05:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went to a trivia night at the local surf club the other night. Among the usual questions they throw in some musical ones, actually play seconds of the song and you have to identify and usually give the singer and year released.

This near bought tears to my eyes.....

Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother

and yes, posted son before here in 2012

and this is beautiful

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-14-2018 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thin Lizzy - Don't Believe A Word

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-18-2018 06:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh god he's coming back!

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-11-2018 08:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a great lesser-known band
NRBQ--A little Bit of Bad (1994)

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-13-2018 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-16-2018 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wolf Alice:

Damn, I'm old. But they are great.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-26-2018 03:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-29-2018 11:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure if I have posted mention of Taxi by Harry Chapin before but I found an extended version with a sequel :)
A beautiful piece IMO.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 07:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rory Gallagher "Bad Penny" --1979

Whisky I haven't more than heard of Chapin, but I listened to WOLD, wow that guy kicks ass. Thanks for that.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-02-2018 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sCII wrote:
Whisky I haven't more than heard of Chapin, but I listened to WOLD, wow that guy kicks ass. Thanks for that.

You must hav heard Cats in the Cradle?

Find the time and listen to others by him. Wiki entries make for interesting reading

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Chapin_discography
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Chapin

Cats In The Cradle-Harry Chapin

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-27-2018 09:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Southbound --Thin Lizzy Live 1978

One of my favorite songs ever(live only).

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-31-2018 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Track from Mogwai's soundtrack for a Sci-Fi movie called "Kin" released today in the US. Don't know anything about the movie.
The track is very unlike anything I've heard by Mogwai before, but I dig it a lot.
The other tracks from that OST aren't so much shoegaze/dreampop but more soundtrack-oriented, symphonic but are a Mogwai-album.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-01-2018 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the symphonic soundtrack mood

It's not a soundtrack but an album

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 09-01-2018 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm listening to the Concert for Bangladesh - George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Ravi Shankar, Leon Russell, Billy Preston, Badfinger.. bit of Eric Clapton in the band.
The music is fantastic, and the story of how the concert was put on is also very interesting. George Harrison's first ever live solo performance post-Beatles, one of Bob Dylan's only stage appearances during his "recluse" period, and all put together so quickly...

The link here shows the full performance (the second, evening performance), it's vimeo so I'm not sure if it can be embedded? #helpanoob

https://vimeo.com/66413717

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-12-2018 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-13-2018 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

never gets old :cool:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-15-2018 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.