Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake Champions - What's happening

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake Champions - What's happening

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-11-2019 11:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone here at Q3W who's maybe in the know :D know what's happening in the world of Quake Champions?

I've stuck with it for seemingly years in the hope it really might come to fruition and we'd see a great game but today, disappointment again :tear:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-12-2019 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What do u mean? The game is it, ppl play it... They continue to update it. Coming out with time limit duel next update...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-12-2019 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For those that follow an explanation: I logged into the game like I do most days, know they have weekly (12) and daily challenges you can do for points :smirk: I truly expected after this 12 week countdown there would be an update. Maybe I was 24 hours early or more likely they were 24 hours late in pushing the update whatever it is, forward.

New content and bug fixes here

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-12-2019 10:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe it's because I'm in Europe but I'm having a real hard time finding matches (DM mostly). Matchingmaking goes on for 5 minutes or so before I give up. I tried different times during the day, but it doesn't help. I also don't care about new Champions, I want new maps that use something else than the same old cathedral texture set.

It's a shame too, because despite all the hate, I really like it. I just wish they would get rid of all the cosmetic lootbox crap. It feels so out of place in a title as this.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-12-2019 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am with you Infernis :up: I too have difficulty in finding matches with human players so mostly do 'bot match' and I would dearly like some new maps, any would be welcome :)

You have the region set I suppose? The globe icon right of center at the bottom :)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-13-2019 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No problem here. But I live in a civilized part of the world...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 09-13-2019 10:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
No problem here. But I live in a civilized part of the world...

Nonono. I live in civilized part of the world. You live in Northern America, that's a difference ;)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-13-2019 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice CZghost, nice :D

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 09-14-2019 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There hasn't been any substantial updates since last year, and they have a skeleton crew working on it. For a live service game that doesn't allow modding i don't think it's long for this world unless they shift focus into it after doom?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-18-2019 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It’s done. They didn’t even mentioned it past E3.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-20-2019 05:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shame really, there hasn't been a shooter out there as good as Q3A was. The strafe jumping mechanics made that game the legend it was. I'd love to see a large scale Quake style battle royal though, I bet that'd be fun if the performance was there.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 09-30-2019 07:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't they have 64-player maps in Quake 2? I would assume that by today's standards that would work fine.

The problem is that no one wants to play it :-\

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.