Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        So, what games are you playing now?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-30-2019 09:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just bought F1 2019 because I am a sucker :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-30-2019 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isn't it the same exact game every year, a la every EA Sports title?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-01-2019 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not played one since the 2016 game, so this feels like a massive leap forward. You can work your way up from F2 now, which is part of a 10 year career plan. I'll give that a go, but I do think I'll end up just on time trail as per normal

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 03:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been playing Outer Wilds, I can't recommend this game enough it's an amazing little gem. I highly recommend you avoid any youtube videos as the game is about gaining knowledge, there's no fighting in the game at all you just delve deeper and deeper into this mystery that's affecting you and everyone else in your solar system.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 09:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played some of it. At first I was just walking around this claymation type world and I felt meh.
Then I took my spaceship, launched into space, flew right past the sun and crashed into an oceanplanet. Started an underwater journey before ending up on a small rocky island which had some sort of device built on it. All in one seamless transition of gameplay; it was a religious experience.

Haven't played since.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2019 10:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I played some of it. At first I was just walking around this claymation type world and I felt meh.
Then I took my spaceship, launched into space, flew right past the sun and crashed into an oceanplanet. Started an underwater journey before ending up on a small rocky island which had some sort of device built on it. All in one seamless transition of gameplay; it was a religious experience.

Haven't played since.

That does sound very god-like.

"At first I created the Earth and the universe and everything within and I felt meh. Then I created all the animals and mankind. Started a massive flood before ending up remotely impregnating a woman and having my son die for mankind's sins. It was a divine experience.

Haven't played since."

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-03-2019 02:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

Haven't played since.

Yeah I had that what am I supposed to be doing moment when I started too. I kept going so now I know the history of what's going on and I'm still finding new things to explore trying to find how to stop the problem plaguing the solar system. It's like playing detective, piecing all the clues together to figure out the mystery.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-03-2019 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Super Hot. Awesome game, even on console.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-16-2019 12:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I want to try this :D

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-16-2019 12:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Streets of Rogue, a top-down roguelite with procedurally generated levels and a heavy focus on immersive-sim levels of system interactivity.
Awesome soundtrack too.
Can't recommend this game highly enough!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-28-2019 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just downloading WoW Classic.

Played it quite extensively from day1 (3 really as you couldn't log-in during the first three days) in 2004 till around 2010. Then stopped playing cause of the more and more present easy-mode-system.
Between 6 to 12 months later my still existing Battle.net account was hacked and they liquidated literally everything I had on my characters within probably a day or so. I wasn't even a raid-player, just casual but very regularly, crafted a lot on every character, the whole palette.
So, yep, that was the nail in the coffin for that game for me. I didn't even much care for the stuff I lost. The fact that the game had gotten so watered down in mechanics and difficulty by then made me feel indifferent. I didn't contact Blizz because of the hack. I just accepted the characters and the stuff be gone. Had no interest in the game anymore whatsoever.

Now, I'll just give it another go. Will see if it can catch me like back in the day.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-28-2019 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wreckfest. It's like playing the classic demolition derby on PS1. I'm enjoying it but the load times are atrocious.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 08-28-2019 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Son just bought his first gaming PC. We just played Q3 Arena he picked up on steam. Wow! What an experience with my son! Loved it!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-28-2019 11:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That sounds awesome. Something I’ll probably never do...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-28-2019 03:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Son just bought his first gaming PC. We just played Q3 Arena he picked up on steam. Wow! What an experience with my son! Loved it!

Let him win >:E

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 08-29-2019 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah bruh, destroyed. He's a gamer by nature and always wanted to play Q3 with me. He did quite well actually until we got to some space maps. He needs to hone his rail skills.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-29-2019 11:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:

There is something genuinely lovely about this post <3

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-29-2019 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know it get's a lot of hate, but I now have 31 free games on the Epic Game Store and this week it's Celeste and Inside. I've been waiting for the latter for a while now. Next week is Abzu, I've been wanting to check that as well. Free good games every week. It's kinda hard to say no to that.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-29-2019 12:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Inside is an excellent game; highly recommended

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-29-2019 10:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Yeah Limbo was already magnificent so I have high expectations!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-03-2019 08:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just finished Days Gone and even though I normally don't care about trophies, I got the platinum one just because I wanted to finish everything the game had to offer. I even wiped out all of the hordes. The game wasn't perfect, but it was a hell of a lot better than the press, who obviously didn't finish it or played it long enough, led you to believe. Highly recommended.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-04-2019 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
I know it get's a lot of hate, but I now have 31 free games on the Epic Game Store and this week...

Lol poor ppl...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-04-2019 09:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

Yeah Limbo was already magnificent so I have high expectations!

pls post here when you beat it

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-05-2019 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apex Legends again. Can't help it. Its fun. >_>

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-07-2019 10:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got bored with it...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-07-2019 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I got bored with it...

Its the only thing right now flat I can play more than a few min.

Tetris Effect is amazing though. Its the only game that can get me to setup my VR shit outside of stream anymore.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-10-2019 01:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The latest incarnation of Carmaggedon - very much just as it was; crass, brutal and full of nonsense. I love it.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 09-30-2019 07:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been hooked on Dauntless over the past month. I know it's an F2P Epic-store MHW ripoff, but it's kinda
fun

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-30-2019 08:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The latest incarnation of Carmaggedon - very much just as it was; crass, brutal and full of nonsense. I love it.

There's a new one?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-01-2019 07:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never played Titanfall, but this reminded me of something...

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comm ... ame=iossmf

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-01-2019 09:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's insane

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-02-2019 02:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very neat. Looks like they've got the movement in the game nailed.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-02-2019 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did a double-take to make sure it wasn’t Quake. I don’t think they call in strafing though...

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 10-02-2019 07:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Again Metro 2033 Redux, cause is free on Epic Games.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/metro-2033-redux/home

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-02-2019 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
That's insane

This

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.