Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch 2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Overwatch 2

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-01-2019 11:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://kotaku.com/overwatch-2-announce ... 1839540143

Includes story mode, and I guess shared pvp with Overwatch 1?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-02-2019 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i thought kotatu was kaputu :|

all those fired ragebaiters learning to code

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 11-02-2019 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Includes story mode, and I guess shared pvp with Overwatch 1?

it's just an expansion, not a sequel. not sure why they call it '2'.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-02-2019 07:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably because they made fundamental changes under the hood so they can expand the game beyond what's possible currently.
Also, money.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-04-2019 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll not be buying this one.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-06-2019 02:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I'll not be buying this one.

I think I am in the same boat...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-06-2019 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It’s like K Pop but in game form.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-06-2019 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: Pretty much, just add screeching 12-yr old autism and 35-yr old manchild rage

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-07-2019 01:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I understand all the new PvP content will be backwards compatible with Overwatch 1, so you don't even have to buy this if all you want to do is continue playing PvP.
I enjoyed the co-op missions in Overwatch, but always felt it was a bit fo an afterthought, so I'm at least curious to see what they're going to do with it in Overwatch 2. Might be good.
I don't think it's entirely fair to say Blizzard are milking this for the money. I paid like 40 euro's for Overwatch and got a shit ton of additional content for it through the years. I wouldn't mind paying another 40 euros for a solid amount of new content.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-07-2019 04:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those aren't the reasons I won't be buying it. I'd just rather not support a company that'll strip it's contest winners of their winnings to appease the chinese government because they're busy killing and subjecting an entire populace to their whims while keeping millions more in concentration camps and harvesting their organs thanks.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-07-2019 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wat

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-07-2019 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then you better ditch your cell phone, Kracus, because 70% of the rare-earth minerals used to make it are mined in China with child/slave labor.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-07-2019 01:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Then you better ditch your cell phone, Kracus, because 70% of the rare-earth minerals used to make it are mined in China with child/slave labor.

I actually don't own one but applying a one all rule for everything is pretty much impossible in modern times. I do however boycott specific companies and products for various reasons. I won't buy nestle products for example because of slavery. I try to avoid Foxconn products etc... I don't agree with blizzard's stance on the hearthstone decision and I will absolutely boycott their products going forward. You don't have to agree wiith me but insinuating I'm a hypocrite here is absolutely the pot calling the kettle black. I would do more for the hong kong people but I'm just one person and have my own life problems. I listen though and I donated.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-07-2019 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"pro-democracy" :olo:

Let me know when China sends in the military to help the police kidnap, murder, and rape the protesters (and picking out the gays and sodomizing them) just like in Chile and Ecuador. Those are neo-liberal dictatorships fully funded and supported by your tax money and the media is doing zero reporting on it while they shed their crocodile tears and democracy concerns over China.

L-O-fucking-L

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-07-2019 08:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
You don't have to agree wiith me but insinuating I'm a hypocrite here is absolutely the pot calling the kettle black.

Relax, I was just pointing out that there are countless atrocities that the First World benefits from.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.