Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-10-2020 05:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

That was posted 11-22-2019 so where have you been? Rental I guess. Moving far? I recall comment re a long commute...

Sofa surfing with family and friends sir

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-10-2020 08:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Let’s just say, Donnys got street cred...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-10-2020 08:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah but has he done business in clubs?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-10-2020 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Sofa surfing with family and friends sir

So a holiday of sorts and catching up with folks. Nice :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-17-2020 12:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a house again!!! I say house for now as the previous incumbents left it like an absolute shit hole so we've had a small army of people helping to clean up. It'll start being a home soon though.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-17-2020 02:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats!

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-17-2020 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wtf is a house agent? Fucking British ppl...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-17-2020 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Installed my amp, DSP and four front speaker last weekend. I had to modify all four speaker pods (heat the plastic) to get my upgraded speakers to fit. I still need to get new lids for the bags and install the JL 8.8s. But with only the 4 speakers and temp DSP tune, it still sound really good.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-17-2020 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I have a house again!!! I say house for now as the previous incumbents left it like an absolute shit hole so we've had a small army of people helping to clean up. It'll start being a home soon though.

Your house? Nice but an army to clean up >:( No damage I hope.

Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, I battle city hall :smirk:
Storm water escapes kerb (curb) and channel outside our apartment complex, floods our property and they hold the line we need pay for additional drainage on their footpath !!! Not happy.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-18-2020 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got the lights on my bike working tonight. It's a 2 zone system with RGB blue tooth control via an app on your phone.

Pretty cool.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-18-2020 10:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa, I have to say, I do like all that work you've done on your bike. I admire dedication and those rare people that see something and work to get there :up: :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-19-2020 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are those lights to indicate a slow-moving wide-load vehicle with a blockheaded operator?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-19-2020 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Hideous and tacky...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-19-2020 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flying out to Chattanooga Tennessee for some of this:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you returned obsidian?

OT: Re: What is new in your little world?
Our front loader washing machine was stuck on the last minute of the cycle :confused: It has never done this before so I wondered what happened.

Hours later and just about to call and have the service staff attend and you can imagine the charge/call out fee.
Anyway I thought to consult the manual :smirk:

You wouldn't credit it. The lines below on page 18 of 24 so just imagine calling out the technician/service personal and them walking in and pressing that button :mad:

Program Cancelling
    If the program has started and you want to cancel it, press and hold down the Start/Pause button for 3 seconds. The program will move to the “spin” step and related led on the program follower will be on. Machine will start to pump for draining and the door can be opened after 1-2 minutes

TLDR: RTFM

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 11:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New car next month and the thing I’m most excited about is the colour changing ambient lighting.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
New car next month and the thing I’m most excited about is the colour changing ambient lighting.

I saw an advertisement on TV the other night but have forgotten the brand/model. Advertising :smirk: then maybe my memory :question:

On a side note, I have a mate waiting on a new car delivery from China/Korea and he's just been told it will be at least another 2 months. It has been 6 weeks already and they say it's because of the Corona virus.

What's the make/model Doombrain?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally retired, now just bored as hell staring at the Gulf of Mexico every day.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 04:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

I saw an advertisement on TV the other night but have forgotten the brand/model. Advertising :smirk: then maybe my memory :question:

On a side note, I have a mate waiting on a new car delivery from China/Korea and he's just been told it will be at least another 2 months. It has been 6 weeks already and they say it's because of the Corona virus.

What's the make/model Doombrain?

Going for a Skoda Karoq Sportline 4x4 DSG. I've tested about 9876 SUVs including the new BWM X1 & X3, VW, Audi, Seat, Merk etc etc and it's head and shoulders about the rest in all departments.

The new BMWs are shocking btw... The new Merk GLA is nice but it's mental money for the spec you get.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 06:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I looked at a Karoq as well - really nice motor

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TOVE wrote:
Finally retired, now just bored as hell staring at the Gulf of Mexico every day.

:arrow: I have been retired just over 7 years and never been bored. I practise every day but just never seems to get it quite right, retirement that is. Loving life :D

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whatcha practicing? I had hobbies and such but gave up fishing and skating and surfing now just walk the beach daily and collect shells and sea beans. Had three surf shops and closed all them down to just sit back and relax in life.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 04:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I looked at a Karoq as well - really nice motor

Blown away by the spec for money.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TOVE wrote:
Whatcha practicing?

Anything I want to, when, where, with whoever and at any time. Short is, like you, relaxing :D

TOVE wrote:
.......three surf shops and closed all them down .....

Now that would have been a chore so well done on getting there. Now sit back and relax a while as you have earned it.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah three shops was an absolute nightmare. All three locations were on the same street along the beachfront here and all had different focuses, but shared same brands. One was more tailored to skateboarding and another dedicated to surfing and the other had a mix of the two yet had more of a tourists setup. It more so just got to the point of not being able to compete with Academy sports and their bulk purchase pricing on things like Reef, Hurley, O’Neil, Volcom and Fox. Sad, but I don’t miss the lazy ass teenager employees.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting :up:

Mention of 'lazy ass teenager employees', I notice that all the time these days but I guess some of are getting old ;)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-02-2020 04:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Googles Karoq" Man... That shit looks like a kia. :puke:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-02-2020 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New replacement fridge/freezer seals arrived by courier just now. Check out the size of the packages!

Fun day tomorrow fitting :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 07:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That’s fun indeed.

Are you taking advantage of your appliance’s warranties?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 06:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
That’s fun indeed.

Are you taking advantage of your appliance’s warranties?

Bait :olo:

The fridge is 8 years old and no, I don't usually buy additional warranties. Having said that, a friend bought a new Dyson with the warranty. Just as well as it was needed not once but twice. Something about the rotary head. No questions asked at the point of sale either. Just handed over another BNiB. This is the third and going well by all reports.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-04-2020 03:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pro tip, get the extended warranty on your console controllers. Mine last about 3 - 4 months before I need to replace them. I paid about 10$ for my last 8 controllers, all new, out of the box.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-04-2020 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You either play a lot of games are don't look after them :clownboat:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-04-2020 11:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
You either play a lot of games are don't look after them :clownboat:

I play a fair bit but the problem is rocket league. I've mapped the boost button to the right bumper and unsurprisingly in heated moments when you need boost your hand will abuse the fuck out of that bumper button. They're poorly designed and after a few months a piece inside tends to break thus my cycle of replacing controllers with the extended warranty.

The lady that works at EB Games here in town gave me a hard time after I returned the last one. She started bitching about how many controllers I've returned and I pointed out that she's the one offering me the extended warranty as per her company policy. It's not my fault the controllers are built like shit and it's not my fault her company wants them to push this warranty on customers. She told me next time my controller breaks that I'd have to go through microsoft to get a replacement. So I get my new controller and she asks me if I want the extended warranty on this one. I'm like yeah... of course I do. See you in a few months bitch! Like what's she going to do? The warranty is specifically so you don't need to go through microsoft, that's the whole point. It's funny how she's perfectly ok with pushing these warranties on customers but she's expecting customers to not use them? lol yeah good luck with that lady.

Admittedly though my current controller has lasted me far longer as I've been off rocket league for a while now. Perhaps I should load it back up before the warranty expires...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-11-2020 05:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Er, forgot to say the fridge seals went in easily :)

Re: What is new in your little world, I just signed up for First Aid course next Monday. I've done a few courses over the years and even been the First Aid Officer for my workplace. Requests for band aids for paper cuts annoyed me but then....

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-11-2020 08:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Was at a friend's place a while back and he had installed multi-coloured LED's in his entire house and connected it all up to Google home. We got hammered and spent the entire night yelling at Google to change various rooms into different colours. Stupid fun :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.