Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        1 hour in the past to try to change the future...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 1 hour in the past to try to change the future...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alright peeps, you get a one hour chance to go back in time to show 3 people news paper articles from current times to anyone you choose from the past to try to alter the future. What three articles do you take for show and what three persons do you show them to? Only 3 of each...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 07:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa! This is a 2003 type of thread!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 07:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting question, near a puzzle :paranoid:

You'd have to be very careful with who you visited and when. One wrong move and you'd be dead by horrible means. Think Spanish inquisition.

I'd visit Leonardo da Vinci (mid 1400's) as he might be a believer. "Hi, I've traveled back through time etc." Obliviously news paper articles like today's aircraft, especially helicopters or space flight/satellites, better still the 1969 Moon landing.

I'd visit John F Kennedy in the days before his assassination so as to prevent same. Any political items of today would do. Imagine telling Kennedy Trump is in the Whitehouse or Arnie Schwarzenegger served as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 to 2011.

So as to prevent WW1, I'd travel back and prevent the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo on 28th June 1914 that triggered a chain of events that resulted in World War 1.

Any of the above would (I think) have a dramatic effect :!:

There's is always Nostradamus or Albert Einstein you might visit. Simply, you would have no idea of what future changes you'd cause. Indeed, your future might not exist to return to if you planned that. I guess you would in this challenge..

Did a little light reading on time paradoxes....

Quote:
The Butterfly Effect is a reference to Chaos Theory where seemingly trivial changes can have huge cascade reactions over long periods of time. Consequently, the Timeline corruption hypothesis states that time paradoxes are an unavoidable consequence of time travel, and even insignificant changes may be enough to alter history completely.

Above reminds me to watch The Butterfly Effect movies I've got on DVD sometime :D

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TOVE wrote:
Alright peeps, you get a one hour chance to...

Fuck u...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 08:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Fuck u...

Nice to see you too, Raw.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey, I believe the stoppage of the assignation of JFK would eliminate 100% of every aspect of our current times. I feel current technology was actually set back 20 years because of his death.

And butterfly effect is still awesome.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 11:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Above reminds me to watch The Butterfly Effect movies I've got on DVD sometime :D

Be sure to watch the director's ending and not the theatrical ending. The director's ending is so much more grim but fits the movie so much better.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-01-2020 11:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going back in time and killing Hitler before WW2 also means we wouldn't have Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers and Wolfenstein 3D. Hmmm.... tough choice.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-02-2020 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kill Hitler, get Goebbels instead

i'd take an article about the popularity of the fidget spinner back to 1900, get someone to mass produce them so they become popular then instead of in our own time

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-02-2020 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lmao Hitler is a small fry compared to the Rothschilds and the House of Saud that gave sanctuary to the leader of wahhabism.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-02-2020 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait... David Lee Roth had children??

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no, Mazda just hates Jews

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you ok, boomer?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
no, Mazda just hates Jews

If he had a set, he'd probably be splatted all over the inside of a temple by now.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 07:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow. We going to allow this blatant racism?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's what passes for comedy in his circles.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’m glad to see nothing has changed here in 21 years.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 09:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
If he had a set, he'd probably be splatted all over the inside of a temple by now.

Sounds like the wet dream of an anti-semite Florida fatass, maybe the FBI should hear about your terrorist tendencies :idea:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 10:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TOVE wrote:
I’m glad to see nothing has changed here in 21 years.

What did you expect when you started this thread? You set forth a hypothetical where you can go in the past and change history. Obviously Hitler's going to be mentioned, which invokes Godwin's Law. This thread was destined for a quick, fiery death from the get-go. :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-03-2020 10:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very interesting :!:
I'd never heard of Godwin's law.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-04-2020 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
That's what passes for comedy in his circles.

That's based on the highly unlikely scenario of gwamps knowing people that even want to talk to him. Everything about him screams unlikable douchebag with zero redeeming qualities. He can't even get a single "like" from relatives that begrudgingly accepted his friend request on Facebook, so he posts his pointless daily status updates here.

For someone who so desperately relies on this forum from having to blow his brains out from loneliness, you'd think he might be able to behave a bit less like a blubbering blockheaded baboon :alert:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-06-2020 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd visit Einstein and Hawkins in their early active periods and show them their big break-throughs so they can achieve even more.
Also I'd like to show a scientific paper about a nuclear fusion reactor to Wernher von Braun after he moved to the US.
He may have been a person to understand the impact and get people thinking into that direction.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.