Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Doom Eternal

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Doom Eternal

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-01-2020 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now it's my turn to run into a bug. I can't place the red and blue keys in the Super Gore Nest. Have been googling this and looks like I'm not the only person with this problem. Different people claim different solutions, but pretty much every solution has someone saying that it didn't work for them. Man, this sucks :(

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-01-2020 12:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Now it's my turn to run into a bug. I can't place the red and blue keys in the Super Gore Nest. Have been googling this and looks like I'm not the only person with this problem. Different people claim different solutions, but pretty much every solution has someone saying that it didn't work for them. Man, this sucks :(

Ahhhh shit son
I've been lucky and not had to restart any missions so far. But I am pretty late into the game now and it's fucking difficult and somewhat annoying at times. But when the annoying stops, it's fucking mega.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-01-2020 12:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is impressive given how old the game isn't

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-01-2020 01:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Ahhhh shit son
I've been lucky and not had to restart any missions so far. But I am pretty late into the game now and it's fucking difficult and somewhat annoying at times. But when the annoying stops, it's fucking mega.

I ended up getting it magically fixed. Some one said it got fixed for him by walking back to the point where he picked up the red key and then back to the thing where the key should be used. I had no idea how to get back to the red key so I just wandered through the map. I ended up back at the place where the keys should be used and suddenly a bunch of Arachnotrons spawned and after I defeated those the keys suddenly worked again :shrug:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-01-2020 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh...at least it works now breh

What difficulty you playing on, because it gets really freaking hard in the later levels

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-01-2020 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't tell MKJ, but I'm playing at Hurt Me Plenty :paranoid:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-02-2020 01:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Don't tell MKJ, but I'm playing at Hurt Me Plenty :paranoid:

This is correct...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-02-2020 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Speaking of bugs, this happened to me just moments ago :eek:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-02-2020 09:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a long old drop

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-02-2020 09:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could say I visited the depths of hell :smirk:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-03-2020 04:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finished it...fuck me that is one difficult game, even on easy

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 04-04-2020 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Love this game!! So much fun.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-04-2020 08:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DENZ!!!

I assume you are talking about Doom 2016 given your connection speed? ;)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-06-2020 12:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pfff, these Taras Nabad fights aren't fun anymore :(

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-06-2020 02:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It gets worse...just upgrade everything

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-06-2020 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just wait until you have to kill a Marauder in under 30 seconds >:E

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep I skipped that challenge for now. Marauders can fuck right off. Also a very Quake themed enemy imo.

Did the rest though.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 12:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I've done:
Endgame
All collectibles
All gore nests
All Super gore nests

Now I've hit a bug where it won't accept I've mastered all my weapons, which is annoying.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cuz u haven't...noob...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 11:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can we just agree that the late game is pretty underwhelming?
It's a bit samey, just longer fights, save for the final two battles before the end boss. Those were intense.

The ending left me unsatisfied. Make of the story what you will, but just slapping the logo on the screen 10 seconds after the boss dies is weak. Credit roll was awesome in Doom2016 which really left you relive the overall badassery of the game, here it feels like an afterthought.
Complaining about the credit roll, really? Well no, it just adds to the fizzle that is the end. Especially compared to 2016 where the opening tutorial level starts out big and it just gets bigger right until the very last second of the game. Eternal didn't have that I feel.

Eternal wins in the gameplay department, really stepping up after 2016, but 2016 wins in terms of presentation and oomph.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agreed, but they also dropped the ball on the whole Earth part of Hell on Earth. 2 whole maps + the end stage set in destroyed cities? A third of Doom 2 took place on Earth.

Would've loved to see scenes of the invasion's beginning and cities getting wiped out, then having the Doomguy start out in industrial ruins as he fights his way through the heart of the city to get to the super gore nest :o

Also Doom 2 arch-vile is still the creepiest and best, Eternal version looks a bit generic.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 06:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

for once i agree with that mkj moron...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea the leadup to the Super Gore Nest was great. Showing more and more of the corruption has me pumped.
Then you get transported to.. sacred ancient cities or something? Jawdroppingly gorgeous sets but very generic high fantasy, it felt like I was in something out of Diablo. And the hell maps were more gothic than 2016s and felt very Quake.

Not quite sure what I make of the Slayer now too. He is presented as a godlike saviour of the planes instead of someone entombed in Hell because he was too angry to die.

Regardless a fucking great game, will replay :mad: :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 04-09-2020 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't done FPS shooters in years, looks way too fast for this old man now, lol.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-09-2020 08:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah it can be exhausting. Especially since the maps are about 3 times longer than 2016.
Look at that Zeromaster video, its 30 mins of nonstop weaponswitching and acrobatics.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-09-2020 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beat it on hardest difficulty with no monitor...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-09-2020 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really lame that invasion mode isn't even available yet, I already finished the campaign 100% so I'm not gonna be playing it much now. Battlemode is meh because you end up playing with a Mexican guy on dial-up and a European with 300 ping lagging all over the place.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-09-2020 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

Good vid :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-11-2020 12:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Regardless a fucking great game, will replay :mad: :up:

Yeah I think I am going to go through it in "extra life mode", though I am almost certain I will die when it comes to the bosses. Also the traversal of Urdak REALLY pissed me off :mad:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-11-2020 05:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the game warned me of not coming back to the Doom Fortress.
Is that really the last opportunity to visit the Doom Fortress in a save slot, or can you go back and unlock the last items at a later moment? In other words, do I need to unlock all of the power cores (or whatever they're called) in the other levels to unlock all the Doom Fortress stuff or can I safely continue with the campaign and unlock the last items at a later moment?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-11-2020 06:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you want to be powered up for the final levels, stay and do some of the missions. You wont go back until you've finished the main story arc. So its worth going and getting the batteries, tokens, doing the purple gore nests etc. Luckily for me I'm a bit of a completionist when it comes to collectables and challenges, so I was alright.

My advice is to get yourself loaded out.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-11-2020 08:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah yes I've been revisiting some of the earlier levels for the remaining items and secrets. Surprisingly easy. The first purple Gore nest was so difficult when I first got there. Now it was a walk in the park :)
When does a level unlock as master level? I've done everything there is to do in the second level, but it didn't unlock as master level. The only one I've unlocked so far is the ARC base.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 04-11-2020 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I havent played them yet, waiting til nightmare is done, but i thought they were always unlocked. Theres only a few master levels and at least 1 was preorder dlc

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-11-2020 11:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's only 2 now I think?
It's mentioned somewhere in the game that more are added regularly.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.