Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Playstation 5 DualSense Controller

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Playstation 5 DualSense Controller

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04 ... station-5/

I don't like it. I was never a fan of the 2 thumb sticks being next to each other on the DualShock controllers, I prefer the Xbox controller with its D-pad and left stick swapped. Too often when panning the camera right and turning a character left, I bump thumbs. I also dislike the light bar. The DualShock controller has it on the top so that in a dark room, it glares off the TV screen. Now it's pointing right at your face. Have fun playing in the dark. At least with the DualShock controller, the bar was in a spot where I could tape over it. :down:

I always thought the touch pad was a dumb gimmick, I look forward to never using it with the next generation controller, too. From an aesthetic viewpoint it does look cool, but I bet dirt and grime will collect in all those recessed curves. The buttons and triggers look slick, too. I hope those newfangled triggers are revolutionary, otherwise this generation of controller is taking more of a sidestep rather than moving forward in design, IMO. :(

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus that is some tacky plastic garbage :puke:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TBH I thought it looked like a prototype finalist that was ultimately scrapped.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-07-2020 09:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When put down, it rests on those bottom trigger buttons. I saw a reddit thread of someone complaint about this. Apparently this is also the case with the dual shock controller and it causes Netflix movies to unintentionally rewind or fast forward.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 04:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
When put down, it rests on those bottom trigger buttons. I saw a reddit thread of someone complaint about this. Apparently this is also the case with the dual shock controller and it causes Netflix movies to unintentionally rewind or fast forward.

Not if you buy the official PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller Stand, only $99.99!

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when poor ppl can't afford a computer... :olo: ...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 12:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have one as well as a PC, unless you're a pooron

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-08-2020 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we have them all but that's not the point...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.