Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Blood Machines film (synthwave)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Blood Machines film (synthwave)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know there's a few synthwave fans here...Seth Ickerman, who made the TurboKiller video for Carpenter Brut, has made a 50 minute film with them. Originally a Kickstarter it's pretty much finished and here's the final trailer, looks really interesting. I love his style...

I'm on my first listen of Capenter Brut's OST for it and it's pretty promising so far.

If you haven't seen the TurboKiller vid it's one of the best Synthwave videos been produced...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw the trailers some months ago.
Not my type of, well, something.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm all over this :D cheers Phant

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, that looks badass. That’s for the heads up on this. :up:

BTW, what’s Shudder? :paranoid:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting - will check it out

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't get enough of this music, it's fucking awesome. I'll definitely be checking this out in May. :up:

Carpenter Brut, Perturbator, Kavinsky, Gunship (my personal favorite), Lazerhawk, Timecop1983... they're all incredible. I only discovered the genre recently and I feel like I wasted years of my life not knowing it existed. The visuals that go along with them are icing on the cake. I guess I'm a sucker for the nostalgic synth aesthetic. :smirk:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 02:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For me it started with Daft Punk's TRON Legacy score, then I discovered the likes of Kavinsky, Perturbator, Trevor Something, Tommy '86, Dynatron, which then led me to discovering Gunship, Midnight, NINA, etc. There's nothing better to listen to while driving or on a motorcycle at night covered in LEDs.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hell yes, when listening to this stuff my mind's eye always pictures an empty elevated 6-lane interstate with nothing but open blue skies and towering skyscrapers on either side, zipping by at a brisk pace. It really improves my mood while driving home from work. :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-18-2020 01:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Miami Nights 1984 is the one that hooked me pretty big with this kind of music.

This video was just excellent when I first saw it :D

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-18-2020 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up: :up: :up:

For me it was the video for She is Young, She is Beautiful by Perturbator that hooked me:

Reminds me of A game called Virtuaverse coming out soon which is like an old school point and click (Beneath a Steel Sky feels) with a soundtrack by Master Boot Record, which I'm pretty excited by.

Last edited by phantasmagoria on 04-19-2020 10:28 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-18-2020 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If my inner monologue had a soundtrack, it would be synthwave. <3

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-18-2020 11:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Epic. That Turbo Killer video reminded me of Muse's Simulation Theory videos.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.