Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-19-2020 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I've been to Canada... it's just as bad... grow up...

No you haven't... not even close... fuck u...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-19-2020 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
scared? wrote:
I've been to Canada... it's just as bad... grow up...

No you haven't... not even close... fuck u...

:olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-20-2020 02:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So there's these "reopen" protests in various american states where people want the quarantine measures to be lifted because, uh, freedom or something.

Someone on Reddit has dug a teeny bit deeper into this phenomenon and uncovered some quite predictable but nonetheless worrying results:
https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/comme ... re/fnstpyl

it's not a long read, but some bulletpoints for those of you who have the attention span of a brick wall:

- Many of the campaign pages on social media use the exact same template for the description texts.
- Following links on the various pages brings you to campaign websites and websites of gun rights activists in the various states. All of these sites have been registered by the same registrar on the same date.
- The group behind the liberate Minnesota campaign has strong ties to Betsy DeVos.
- Google Analytics ID's used on the various site all point to the same Google account.

A clear case of astroturfing going on here.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-20-2020 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck social media...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-20-2020 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What are the chances that it’s Russia pushing these pages through the Pro-gun websites, trying to cause unrest and possible gun violence?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-20-2020 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty high although there appears to be ties to Betsy Devos, not sure what her angle is though but she's usually on the stupid side of things.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-20-2020 06:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not her angle... her family's...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-20-2020 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Betsy's brother, Erik Prince, is the founder of Blackwater, a private military contractor.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-20-2020 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
What are the chances that it’s Russia pushing these pages through the Pro-gun websites, trying to cause unrest and possible gun violence?

:olo: ffs come on

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-21-2020 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reported cases

13 Apr 1,853,464

15 Apr 1,999,019

17 Apr 2,178,149

19 Apr 2,333,240

21 Apr 2,543,588

Source

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-21-2020 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
xer0s wrote:

:olo: ffs come on

I wouldn't be too quick to call bullshit on this. Watch The Facebook Dilemma for a bit of insight into the manipulation of western social media.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-21-2020 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks phantasmagoria for the tip. I have scanned the video and will now sit down to view. Looks interesting...

EDIT: Halfway through.....Very interesting.
EDIT: The second video, the The Brad Parscale interview a good watch and know, I'd never heard of his name or notoriety before today :smirk:

Yet to watch The Facebook Dilemma Part 2

I had no idea Facebook was so big in the USA :rolleyes:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-21-2020 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I wouldn't be too quick to call bullshit on this. Watch The Facebook Dilemma for a bit of insight into the manipulation of western social media.

Independent journalist Aaron Mate proved Russiagate (and its retarded cousin Ukrainegate) to be a complete fabrication by the neo-liberal centrist establishment, unless you think a few troll posts on Facebook are all it takes to topple America's so-called "democracy". His coverage earned him a Pulitzer while the snakes like Maddow quietly flipped 24/7 RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA coverage to whatever the next bit of fluff was to confuse and distract the retarded masses.

Is Trump a corrupt retard? Absolutely, but in no way does he have the same pull with Russian oligarchs the way the Clintons do.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-21-2020 09:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
............The Facebook Dilemma .............

I watched both 'Dilemma' and the Brad Parscale interview programs. Really, interesting viewing today so again thank you phantasmagoria :up:

An eye opener for me in many ways as I never realized Facebook was so globally intrusive and dangerous.

Call me paranoid if you like but I think you need view all 3 to get the gist of this Facebook Dilemma. I am glad I am not big on using Facebook.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-22-2020 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some new info...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-22-2020 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the takeaway is that the virus is likely more widespread than we think, but it's also not as deadly as we think. It sounds like those early concerns of Covid-19 becoming a part of the annual flu season may be merited. Until there's a vaccine, this is going to continue to be trouble....

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-22-2020 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, libertarian news from a centre-right institution that denies climate-change. gwamps probably thinks he's smart to believe everything they say because they have glasses and books.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-22-2020 11:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reported cases

15 Apr 1,999,019

17 Apr 2,178,149

19 Apr 2,333,240

21 Apr 2,543,588

23 Apr 2,639,824

Source #1
Source #2

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Independent journalist Aaron Mate proved Russiagate (and its retarded cousin Ukrainegate) to be a complete fabrication by the neo-liberal centrist establishment

no he didn't... ur a fucking moron...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 10:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even if he didn't personally do it, it's possible to do it yourself snd the results will be the same. All you need to prove this yourself is a keen eye on social media accounts and the knowledge of how to track who registers them. It's pretty obvious when you watch the activity and agendas they push that there's a concerted effort to brigade certain points. The betsy devos link to the protests supporting re-opening the US is a good example. The links to Cambridge analytica with russia are another and there's soo many more. Stating otherwise with the evidence out there just screams of someone burying their head in the sand..

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://mondediplo.com/2019/05/02russiagate-end

Quote:
The New York Times story makes no allusion to any evidence underlying the FBI’s concern. Instead, we learn that FBI was ‘disquieted’ by a ‘constellation of events’: ‘Mr Trump had caught the attention of FBI counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Mr Trump had refused to criticise Russia on the campaign trail, praising President Vladimir V Putin. And investigators had watched with alarm as the Republican Party softened its convention platform on the Ukraine crisis in a way that seemed to benefit Russia.’

This account shows that the FBI opened up an extraordinary investigation of the president of the United States as an agent of Russia based on a malicious interpretation of public events: Trump’s July 2016 comment was a joke, and his U-turn on the Crimean crisis was both inconsequential (and later undermined in practice when Trump sold the weapons to Ukraine, a move Obama had opposed). And most saliently, if it was legitimate to investigate Trump for having ‘refused to criticise Russia on the campaign trail’ and ‘praising President Vladimir V Putin’, why not also investigate Trump for his lavish praise of the leaders of Israel and Saudi Arabia?

scared? wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

Independent journalist Aaron Mate proved Russiagate (and its retarded cousin Ukrainegate) to be a complete fabrication by the neo-liberal centrist establishment

no he didn't... ur a fucking moron...

yes he did...yes u r...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 10:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i watched that video and missed that part... can u point me to a link where he actually proves what u say?... i doubt it exist...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 10:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuckin unbelievable :rolleyes:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 11:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The things he says and does should have stopped shocking me by now...but he keeps pulling it out of the hat

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The emperor has no clothes. Why won't anyone in that room just say it? All these doctors and shit just sit there and humor him with diplomatic hand-holding answers, too fucking afraid to call him out. It's pathetic. When he leaves office and everybody starts doing interviews to give us their real opinion of their time in his presence, they get NO fucking credit. :miffed:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-23-2020 11:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 01:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There we have it kids. Proof Trump can do what he wants and the GOP will just stand by and let it happen.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 03:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
There we have it kids. Proof Trump can do what he wants and the GOP will just stand by and let it happen.

lol, only now you realize this?
This little impeachment thing a while back didn't raise any red flags for you?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
https://twitter.com/NC5PhilWilliams/status/1253487743046385670?s=19

Hahaha

CNN has a better clip. Split screen of the two of them. Trump was looking at her while she had that look on her face.... AWKWARD!...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

lol, only now you realize this?
This little impeachment thing a while back didn't raise any red flags for you?

Err no, I think we’ve all known for about three years. You need to calm the fuck down kid.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 10:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seriously shouldnt this be attempted murder or something similar. ffs

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you say murder and I'm imagining a chalk outline of America on the pavement

i'd photoshop this but i can't be arsed

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 11:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 04-24-2020 11:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely an "END OF TEST" moment for Trump there.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-25-2020 12:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Quote:
I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,

Got a source for that quote?

Edit:
Oh, holy fuck, found it. What an abomination of a man

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.