Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 07-12-2018 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOVE this movie, so funny and sad. Unforgettable. 10/10

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-12-2018 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My work treated us to a private screening of Leave No Trace. Same director as Winter's Bone, so it's quite atmospheric and subtle with fantastic cinematography. 7.5/10

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-16-2018 01:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geostorm - 2/10

Very shit

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-16-2018 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Yes the latest and IMO not the best of them. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining enough but something was missing to me it seems. Watchable for sure so see it at your leisure.
6/10

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-19-2018 09:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Equalizer (2014)

The original. I've never seen but thought to before I see #2 soon.

I always enjoy Denzel Washington movies and this no exception. Short story is a good guy takes on the bad guys. Read the plot here on the Wiki.

8/10

IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-30-2018 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Me Before You (2016)

Quote:
Young and quirky Louisa "Lou" Clark (Emilia Clarke) moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), a wealthy young banker left paralyzed from an accident two years earlier. Will's cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.

Yes, not too bad a film. Someone suggested it was a 'chick flick' but I didn't think so.
Watch given the opportunity. 7.5/10

IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-30-2018 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mamma Mia! (2008)

Quote:
Set on a colorful Greek island, the plot serves as a background for a wealth of ABBA songs. A young woman about to be married discovers that any one of three men could be her father. She invites all three to the wedding without telling her mother, Donna, who was once the lead singer of Donna and the Dynamos. In the meantime, Donna has invited her backup singers, Rosie and Tanya.

Colourful, interesting 'musical' film full of Abba and well known actors. I had to see as I never have and before I see the sequel in the next week or so. I've never seen the stage production but enjoyed the movie.
Worth a watch 8/10

IMDB

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-31-2018 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
The Equalizer (2014)

The original. I've never seen but thought to before I see #2 soon.

I always enjoy Denzel Washington movies and this no exception. Short story is a good guy takes on the bad guys. Read the plot here on the Wiki.

8/10

IMDB

10 shots to climb over a chain link fence

Denzel is too old for this shit

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 05:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally got around to watching The Death of Stalin this weekend.
It was fantastic, albeit even darker than I expected. I found it hard to laugh at, as while a lot of the scenarios were patently absurd, I could also see that they were probably quite true to the actual events.

An outstanding cast too. I couldn't fault a single performance.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-02-2018 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Equalizer 2 (2018)

Just got back from the cinema and yes, more of the same as I expected and enjoyed so if you liked the first, go see it.
8/10

IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-09-2018 08:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Off to see this late next Sunday and I am so looking forward to the experience on the big screen :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-12-2018 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tomb Raider - 6/10
The Shape of Water - 8/10 - did not expect...did enjoy
10 Cloverfield lane - 5/10
The Incredible Hulk - 7.5/10 - still really enjoy this
Ready Player One - 6.5/10 - I need to watch it again I think...but this time in 3D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-12-2018 12:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just returned from a 4pm session of that Living Universe movie. I'm not sure if any of you will ever get the chance to see because it is an Australian production but you may get a clone if you're lucky. Science documentary basically about the human quest to find ex-solar planets.

I really enjoyed :up:

Too early for a Wiki so I'll let you Google as you please.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

I always enjoy the MI movies and this was no exception. Action start to finish as you'd expect and I found it most entertaining.
Go see it.
8/10

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-08-2018 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bagdad Cafe .

I saw this one ages ago and lately I happened to stumble over it on late night local TV.
It's one of those german movies from the wider Fassbinder-gang. Kind of artsy but Percy Adlon, the director was more story-oriented than the others around Fassbinder. In the sense of story over presentation.

Marianne Sägebrecht, the main actress, is known in Germany. But not to the point she should deserve to be in my opinion. And in this movie she had the role of her life.
It's a great dramedy, tragic and so funny. Yep, there is german humor in this. Watch it :).

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 09-08-2018 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
The Equalizer 2 (2018)

Just got back from the cinema and yes, more of the same as I expected and enjoyed so if you liked the first, go see it.
8/10

IMDB

I enjoyed the first movie of his. I will have to see this one. I have enjoyed watching most of Denzel Washington’s movies. Good action scenes.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-09-2018 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Blackkklansman is very good.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-09-2018 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Blackkklansman is very good.

Agree... Although there are some very serious parts, there is way more funny than I was expecting :up:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-09-2018 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was kind of the opposite... I thought it was going to more of a straight up comedy film but the serious bits really hit hard. They did it brilliantly though, struck exactly the right balance.

I hope lots of people see it.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-12-2018 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First Man (2018)

Saw this and yes, not a bad movie at all. Ryan Gosling did a great job playing the part as he did in Blade Runner 2049 (2017). Claire Foy I haven't seen much of but I recognized her from the series The Crown that I have not started as yet.

A really good solid move so if you have the opportunity see it.

From the IMDB...
Quote:
A look at the life of the astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and the legendary space mission that led him to become the first man to walk on the Moon on July 20, 1969.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-12-2018 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Venom

I was actually quite entertained by Tom Hard's approach to this character. While some scenes were over-the-top on the cheesy factor, the movie was more entertaining than the fan-based rotten tomato reviews had provided (33%).

Given my expectations were fairly low, I was surprised at how entertained I was.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-22-2018 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
First Man (2018)

Saw this and yes, not a bad movie at all. Ryan Gosling did a great job playing the part as he did in Blade Runner 2049 (2017). Claire Foy I haven't seen much of but I recognized her from the series The Crown that I have not started as yet.

A really good solid move so if you have the opportunity see it.

From the IMDB...
Quote:
A look at the life of the astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and the legendary space mission that led him to become the first man to walk on the Moon on July 20, 1969.

Just came back from the theater seeing this movie in Imax.
It's very impressive. The launch of the Gemini 8 mission is so visceral, it really shows the kind of crazy required to let yourself get strapped into a sardines can stuck on top of whats basically a huge bomb.
I thought Claire Foy stole the show. I hadn't seen her before but she was very convincing in this movie.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-22-2018 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My work took us to an advance screening of Halloween, it was entertainingly bad.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-20-2018 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix is fab. Highly recommended.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-20-2018 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just saw Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindlewald. Good sequal!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-20-2018 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix is fab. Highly recommended.

Seconded. It is really well made yet completely unorthodox.
It's hard to point my finger at what exactly I liked about it.
Probably the fact that it breaks pretty much every proven concept of successful film-making. and stil resonates on the emotional levels it means to trigger.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-20-2018 10:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? I had high hopes as I'm a big Coen fan but I thought it was pretty unremarkable.
A bit my own fault, the Coens have a way of telling stories with intricate plotlines that tend to loop around. I expected the same between these six stories.

That said I loved Liam Neeson's and James Franco's performances.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-22-2018 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Really? I had high hopes as I'm a big Coen fan but I thought it was pretty unremarkable.
A bit my own fault, the Coens have a way of telling stories with intricate plotlines that tend to loop around. I expected the same between these six stories.

That said I loved Liam Neeson's and James Franco's performances.

See I hated the one with Liam Neeson, I found it was boring. I really enjoyed the first couple of short stories but that one and the one after were pretty meh, the last one was decent.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-26-2018 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enemy at the Gates.

Just a great movie re WW2, snipers and Stalingrad.

See it :!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_at_the_Gates

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-27-2018 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Creed 2

meh

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-04-2018 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm catching up on some movies I've had on my watch list.

The Big Short (2015)
Quote:
In 2006-7 a group of investors bet against the US mortgage market. In their research they discover how flawed and corrupt the market is.
IMDB

.... and Margin Call (2011)
Quote:
Follows the key people at an investment bank, over a 24-hour period, during the early stages of the 2008 financial crisis.
IMDB

Really interesting and I appreciate events of that time a little better having viewed these movies. Margin Call easier to understand having seen The Big Short.

Like I said they were on my 'to watch list' so a score seems pointless so I will say if you have the time, watch them.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-05-2018 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The big short is awesome.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-05-2018 02:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Antman and The Wasp
7/10 - entertaining enough...then the midcredits scene hit. ZOMG.

Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 trailers out this week too

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 02:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (8/10)
Enjoyable, uncomplicated feel-good flick. Wasn't too sure what to expect. Had read that people said it was underrated, but I was still skeptical. It's a Ben Stiller movie after all.
I guess my skepticism was unfounded. The movie is good, with an enjoyable storyline, decent acting and the right amount of humour. It's not a comedy, mind.
The cinematography is excellent. Very well shot and edited. Musical score is quite powerful in the way it's used in the movie. All in all I can recommend it without a shred of doubt.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-17-2018 06:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that's a surprisingly good one. I watched He Never Died yesterday. I'm a big Henry Rollins fan.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.