So, what games are you playing now?

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Κracus

Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Post by Κracus »

Snowrunner... It's pretty fucking awesome, highly recommend it. Way better than mudrunner.
phantasmagoria

Post by phantasmagoria »

Oh shit. I'd no idea they'd released another game!

I loved spintires.
[size=85]
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Yeah it's fucking mint. You can upgrade trucks now, own them, sell them there's a ton of missions that aren't pickup logs at locatoin x and move them to location y. I suggest getting the premium edition of the game as a lot of vehicles aren't available in the normal version which kinda sucks balls but otherwise it's a fantastic game. The level design is absolutely miles above what they had in mudrunner too, lots of tight technical bits with expansive maps. I've been enjoying the fuck out of it. If you're on xbox add me, GT = Kracus
Pext

Post by Pext »

FF7 Remake - Great game. Loved it. Some filler stuff but the production value is throught he roof. Can't wait for part 2.

Persona 5 - Loving it. So many charming little things.

Monster Hunter World - Good way to connect with my brother (living abroad) during the pandemic. Might still be a decent single player experience. Some great environments.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Update on my Dark Souls. Fucking destroyed it.
Now casually going through NG+ even tho theres no real point to it. Just killing time until my body is ready for DS2.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Pext wrote:FF7 Remake - Great game. Loved it. Some filler stuff but the production value is throught he roof. Can't wait for part 2.
I am very much enjoying this...treating it like a fine wine though and taking my time to savour every sip of it. I am exploring every single bit of every single screen. I am about 23 hours in and realistically I am maybe 12 hours into the story.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

I'm at the Icon of Sin fight in Doom Eternal. Fuck that guy.
I know, yes, it's taking me this long. I'm not finding much time to play lately. I did 100% all of the levels except two. In one of them, I only have to do the Marauder secret encounter but fuck me, that guy's a piece of shit.

When Doom Eternal is becoming a bit too much I switch over to my re-play of Bioshock 2. Much slower paced game. Finished the game back in the day on XBox360 and am now playing the remaster on PC. Honestly, BS2 never received the credit it should've gotten. It might not have been as impactful as BS1, but in execution, it's better than it's predecessor in most areas.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Eraser wrote:I'm at the Icon of Sin fight in Doom Eternal. Fuck that guy.
Yeah...absolute prick of a thing. Doom is wonderful, apart from the later boss fights. They felt cheap...
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

MKJ wrote:Update on my Dark Souls. Fucking destroyed it.
Now casually going through NG+ even tho theres no real point to it. Just killing time until my body is ready for DS2.
I should be playing this. Finished ds 2 and 3 but never 1
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

Having finished slogging my way through Assassin's Creed Odyssey (great game, but stupidly long), I'm now playing Gears Tactics, interspersed with the odd bout of The Wonderful 101.

I also intend to put some time in to DMC5 this weekend. But at the same time, after all that traditional scripted single player action in AC, I'm feeling the pull of something more procedural and management focussed. So I may dip back in to something along the same lines as Dwarf Fortress, if not DF itself.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Also Animal Crossing. Endlessly.
Doombrain

Post by Doombrain »

Just reinstalling Warzone. Around 190gig
Captain

Post by Captain »

Mat Linnett wrote:Having finished slogging my way through Assassin's Creed Odyssey (great game, but stupidly long)
Going through it right now and having much less fun than with Origins. They really filled the game world with pointless shit.
tnf

Post by tnf »

Finally finished both DLCs on a new Dark Souls 3 playthrough and did another run through Blooborne and The Old Hunters. Bloodborne remains the only platinum I've ever bothered earning on the PS4.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Pext wrote:FF7 Remake - Great game. Loved it. Some filler stuff but the production value is throught he roof. Can't wait for part 2.
Have you played this on hard yet? It's a fucking joke...outrageously difficult
Pext

Post by Pext »

Don Carlos wrote:Have you played this on hard yet? It's a fucking joke...outrageously difficult
I tried. I played the first mission and died after 2 or 3 enemies. It's really hard.

But from what I know, it's pretty doable with the right materia setup. My brother played through most of it on hard, only missing the last chapter.

You need to grind out your materia, though. It's a matter of 2-4 hours of running through the first 5-10 minutes of chapter 16 (? the shinra parking lot) again and again on easy. I'm mostly done after 2 hours, only some HP+ materia not maxed out.

I'm not sure if I really want to do it. I think it would be fun but I'd have to put in maybe another 40 hours. Most likely I'll decide I'd rather spend my time on something else.
bort

Post by bort »

this forum is still around... wow
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

I bought MotoGP 20. Been dicking around with it a bit. Not a bad game at all, but probably not that interesting to people who aren't MotoGP fans.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

bort wrote:this forum is still around... wow
Could say the same about you
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Finished DS2 SotfS, going through NG+. An objectively easier game than DS1 tho that might also be because I'm used to the gameplay loop by now.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

I'm getting old.
DS2? SotfS? NG+? DS1?
What games are these? :paranoid:
phantasmagoria

Post by phantasmagoria »

I've been playing the shit our of Hell Let Loose since trying it over the Steam free weekend.
[size=85]
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Eraser wrote:I'm getting old.
DS2? SotfS? NG+? DS1?
What games are these? :paranoid:
Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin (which is a doover of Dark Souls 2 if you will), in New Game Plus.
Relax, old timer.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

I've jumped on the Among Us hypetrain. Came along just in time because Fall Guys is ruined by cheaters.

Among Us is surprisingly fun. Being the imposter is really exciting. And to my surprise, pretty much everyone seems to be playing fairly seriously so far. There's actually some decent conversation going on to point out who the imposter is.
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

I heard they made a cheater island in fall guys to deal with them.