Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gameplay leaked and hooo boy does it ever look like a pile of glistening turds :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks exactly how I'd expect an in development game to look :shrug:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 09:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Video has been removed

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New link:

Don Carlos wrote:
Looks exactly how I'd expect an in development game to look :shrug:

If it's a super early build that just now got leaked, fair point, but the release date is December so if it's any indication of the current state of development then get ready for another shitty Odyssey.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You'd be surprised at how much polish a studio can get on a game in a few months

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know this is Ubisoft, right? ;)

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-07-2020 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If this is the same footage I watched a bit on my phone yesterday with the battering ram. It looked very unfinished. Animations were shit and hud and text seemed really out of place. Its gotta be early build. Also didn't seem very assassinish...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-07-2020 12:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
If this is the same footage I watched a bit on my phone yesterday with the battering ram. It looked very unfinished. Animations were shit and hud and text seemed really out of place. Its gotta be early build. Also didn't seem very assassinish...

That's the one

They will work on the core story first, so that'll be what you are seeing. Quests and the like won't come til very late in development. As will the final layers of polish; that shit can improve dramatically in 4 weeks. Though a lot of that relies on the crunch, which isn't cool at all.

But I would agree that there is a lot more all out brawling than in previous AC games; stealth, for a large part in this video, has been dumped for Norse brutality and I can't wait to try it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-08-2020 12:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't seen the video.
Captain Mazda wrote:
...super early build... but the release date is December so if it's any indication of the current state of development ...

this is nothing to go on.
Software development is not a monolithic chronological process. Multiple builds exist at the same time, each often only with the intent to develop one particular feature. One build could be only focussed on tree physics while another development branch is implementing all the latest assets. The latter build would probably look more finished even though it's missing a bunch of features.
It's not until one such feature is finished before it's being merged into a target build, which could then be considered a Release Candidate.
Unless this video was tagged as RC chances are you were looking at a build that may just have been focussing on storm ram mechanics or something.

The reason why these builds are kept separate is because you want a little moving parts as possible in your branch so that you don't have to deal with whatever bugs another branch is having or causing in your own.

Captain Mazda wrote:
You know this is Ubisoft, right? ;)

This is also very true.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-08-2020 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New “leaked” video today looked much more polished.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-08-2020 10:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gonna need that link breh

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-08-2020 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't look good at all.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-24-2020 11:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been playing this. Pretty much what you would expect from Assassins Creed. The combat seems better than Odyssey and dual wielding freshens it up. If you like bashing heads with thor hammers, sneaking around and exploring and collecting things this is for you.

The game looks amazing in most parts, the HDR especially. That said, I've definitely come across a few more bugs than past games but this is also the only one I've played at launch so maybe it par for the course. The audio is especially buggy for me. Could've used a couple more months of polish.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.