Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-18-2018 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He Never Died was surprisingly good, yep. The story took just the right turns at those junctions when it could have fallen apart. Seemed a bit like an Abel Ferrara movie to me.
Rollins was perfect for the role.

Not seen as it is in production but something I am really looking forward to:
The Henson Company doing a prequel-series of The Dark Crystal for Netflix.
I loved their movies, both the original and Labyrinth.
Here's a Crystal-clip:

Now look at some photos from the new series:

AWESOME!

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 12-23-2018 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Akira. I'm sure I have posted this once or twice before but I watch it every year, just sick with surround sound.

2 hours of bliss >:D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Akira is an Excellent film indeed :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-28-2018 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Antman and Wasp :up:

I’m all caught up on Marvel. Ready for Captain Marvel...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-30-2018 03:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Ready for Captain Marvel...

Genuinely excited about this one :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-30-2018 07:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 8/10 Enjoyed it. Sam and Woody are two of my favorites and I’ve thought Frances was great since Fargo. :up:

Bird Box - 5/10 Believe it or not this was my first Netflix original. I thought it was meh. Entertaining enough, but some of the characters did stupid shit for no reason and there were some significant loop holes and loose ends. :up: :down:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-31-2018 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Now look at some photos from the new series:

The lighting looks impeccable!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-03-2019 07:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isle of Dogs 8/10

Big fan of both Wes Anderson and dogs, so this was great...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
The lighting looks impeccable!

Doesn't it?
I guess the puppets aren't taller than a meter. Yet the light hits them very well.

"impeccable"
I had to look that up in my 1000-pages dictionary. "flawless; second to none; nothing but perfect"

As a non-native speaker excuse my question but why did you choose that word?
And is there an opposite; peccable?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you whiskey's son?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whiskey is australian, so he probably has no problem understanding that word.

I am german. The word is genuinely new to me. Asking to learn about it.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

impeccable , like a perfectly manufactured good.

in this case, and as with many, this word is simply thrown around to "color up"
a person with poor language skills' communications .

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
in this case, and as with many, this word is simply thrown around to "color up"
a person with poor language skills' communications .

Oh, the irony. :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-06-2019 04:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Leave it to plained to explain the meaning of a word by using other saying requiring “quotes”...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 06:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched bandersnatch the other day, I liked it but I'm kind of a sucker for anything black mirror releases. Also watched Beetlejuice, fucking great.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 06:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched The Lion King with my kids. You know, the 1994 Disney movie. I was kind of disappointed with it to be honest. In my memory the movie was much more impressive. Then again, it's been over 20 years since I'd last seen it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you excited for the shot-for-shot CG remake that they even recycled the music for? Lollywood

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 07:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No not at all. Creativity is dead at Disney. My brother mentioned this remake and this got me thinking about my kids never having seen The Lion King, so I thought I'd have a cinema moment with them and grabbed some soda, some popcorn and the movie. My kids liked it even though my daughter was really sad when Mufasa died.

The story just wasn't really entertaining for me, the artwork just wasn't as impressive as I remembered it and having to see it in Dutch wasn't good either because the Dutch voice over is really bad.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that would make it suck for sure, the voice acting is one of its best aspects.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
No not at all. Creativity is dead at Disney. My brother mentioned this remake and this got me thinking about my kids never having seen The Lion King, so I thought I'd have a cinema moment with them and grabbed some soda, some popcorn and the movie. My kids liked it even though my daughter was really sad when Mufasa died.

The story just wasn't really entertaining for me, the artwork just wasn't as impressive as I remembered it and having to see it in Dutch wasn't good either because the Dutch voice over is really bad.

It's easy to dismiss how bad it looks in today's 3D animation world. That scene when there's this huge stampede of wildebeest running down a hill was breathtaking and quite the animation feat back in its day though as were a lot of other scenes.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

Oh, the irony. :olo:

:olo: :up:

Ferrao10 wrote:
whiskey is australian, so he probably has no problem understanding that word.

I am german. The word is genuinely new to me. Asking to learn about it.

My Dad was German and yes, I am an Australian.
BTW, there's no word peccable :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh, yes there is.
It means easy to tempt or sin.
You know, the opposite if impeccable.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 12:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

It's easy to dismiss how bad it looks in today's 3D animation world. That scene when there's this huge stampede of wildebeest running down a hill was breathtaking and quite the animation feat back in its day though as were a lot of other scenes.

They wrote special software to track all wildebeests' trajectories so none of them would bump or pass through eachother :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-07-2019 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Uh, yes there is.
It means easy to tempt or sin.
You know, the opposite if impeccable.

My apology. I have never seen or heard the word. I should have checked :smirk:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-24-2019 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck all of you.
What did I expect....
/s

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-24-2019 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tannöd

It's a fictious retelling of the 1950s Hinterkaifeck-murders that have never been solved. Probably because of too little interest from the authorities and/or too much involvement of the whole surrounding village. Family of five plus the maid had been killed in that real incident.
7/10

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-29-2019 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mary Queen of Scots (2018)

It's only been released here a few days AFAIK.
Funny thing is I went to see it after seeing the trailer and that's rare for me. I was pleasantly surprised and that's nice these days. I am not usually one for costume drama but somehow this felt different and don't ask me why because I don't know. It just went down well.
8/10

IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-01-2019 09:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Posted: 09-29-2011 04:22 PM
Whiskey 7 wrote:
....... watched again 12 Monkeys and still love this movie. 8/10
I am sure you've heard of or seen it but IMDB

What can I say here but this is simply a great movie and if you haven't you should :up:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-14-2019 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Overlord 2018

nazi zombies :up: :up:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-21-2019 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How to Train your Dragon 3.

Top drawer :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected to be honest.
I'd say about a hundred gazillion times better than that Doom trailer.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 06:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, the fresh prince of air.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 10:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Marvel - 7/10

Much better than I expected, though I feel like Brie has more to give in the role. Much like Chris Hemsworth did as Thor when they got him right in Ragnarok, after the shit show that was The Dark World.

I do worry that she might be a bit over powered as a hero, but you know...I trust what they are doing.

As an aside - Endgame is 180 minutes long :o

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-12-2019 10:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

Doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected to be honest.
I'd say about a hundred gazillion times better than that Doom trailer.

Correct

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.