Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching..... on the TV

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-30-2020 06:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Been watching Better Call Saul with the missus and she's uh.... causing a bit of a hiatus in watching it. We're at episode 3 of season 5 (which is the most recent season).

It's really a must-see as far as I'm concerned. There are episodes that even out-do Breaking Bad. Put it on your watch list :)

Its the reason I keep going back to Netflix.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 10-30-2020 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Didn't realise there was a season 4 of Fargo, thanks Lieutenant Dan!

Whiskey, Fargo is excellent. I never understood what all the fuss about Billy Bob Thornton was until I watched the first season.

You don't need to have seen the movie to watch the show, but I'd say it helps set the scene and certainly adds more flavour.

Season 2's probably the weakest of the first three seasons, but Fargo on a bad day is still better than 90% of other stuff out there.

I love how the different seasons are connected, even though it may take a few episodes to work out how they're connected. Also, the sometimes subtle, sometimes wtf supernatural bits that don't seem to be connected to anything, they add a lot.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-30-2020 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finishing up season 11 with X-Files and getting ready to watch season 2 for The Mandalorian.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 10-31-2020 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Finishing up season 11 with X-Files and getting ready to watch season 2 for The Mandalorian.

Ooh, the wife and I have been dipping our toes into the X-Files for the first time, almost done with season 1. Can't believe we haven't dug into this before, it's really really good.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-31-2020 11:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Better Call Saul series... Only halfway in ep3 and it is really good.

Really good. Season 3 just done and amazing how the two, Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad blend :up:

Still really good in S04E08 :up: :up:

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 11-23-2020 11:26 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-01-2020 12:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started watching The Queen's Gambit on Netflix, and it's really good.
It's the fictional tale of a girl-genius chess player in the Sixties. It doesn't sound exactly thrilling when you read that, but it's more about the personalities and lifestyle surrounding chess in that time period.
It's not a true story, but it's incredibly well researched, and is heavily influenced by the likes of Bobby Fischer and his rock star approach to chess.
And as it's the Sixties, there's also a cold war undercurrent.

Recommended :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-01-2020 12:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I added that to my watch list yesterday :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-01-2020 01:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has anyone dipped into BARBAREN on Netflix yet? It looks pretty awesome in the trailers

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 11-01-2020 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Finishing up season 11 with X-Files

oh well... i think all the episodes not written/directed by chris carter are OK or great. but the episodes he's responsible for... :offended:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-01-2020 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I added The Queen's Gambit to my watch list today.
Seems it is just 7 episodes.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-03-2020 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Barbarians" on Netfilx.

German show about early germanic tribes fighting the Romans invading their soil.

Honestly, just stay away.
Production design is OK, camera-work is OK, directing is OK imo but script, acting, historic accuracy are all pretty bad to outright terrible.

4/10

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mandalorian S2 episode one.

So they finally revealed the timeline for this series. It’s sometime shortly after the destruction of the second Death Star. So it’s not baby Yoda...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Started watching The Queen's Gambit on Netflix, and it's really good.
It's the fictional tale of a girl-genius chess player in the Sixties. It doesn't sound exactly thrilling when you read that, but it's more about the personalities and lifestyle surrounding chess in that time period.
It's not a true story, but it's incredibly well researched, and is heavily influenced by the likes of Bobby Fischer and his rock star approach to chess.
And as it's the Sixties, there's also a cold war undercurrent.

Recommended :up:

Started this today - very interesting first episode

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 02:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guilty pleasure show: X-Men Cartoon (1990s).

I was dicking around on Disney+ when I found this gem. I use to watch it as a kid and so I fired it up. It actually has a pretty deep storyline for a cartoon. I mean, they killed off one of the characters during the first episode. Not exactly what you see as a kids show today...

Last edited by xer0s on 11-07-2020 03:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 02:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No guilt needed - fucking excellent cartoon :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 10:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was just gonna say. That cartoon was epic. Just like the Batman animated series.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-07-2020 11:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes. And yes.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 06:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Batman animated series.

Easily one of the best animated shows produced outside of japan.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys have taste. Excellent cartoons. Binging on 20 minute How I Met Your Mother episodes now :o

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 05:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Which Batman series you guys talking about? Is it available to stream somewhere?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 09:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
You guys have taste. Excellent cartoons. Binging on 20 minute How I Met Your Mother episodes now :o

Same here. I'm halfway season 8 now. I hear season 9 is a bit of a disappointment but oh well.
The rest of it is legen... wait for it... dary

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 10:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Which Batman series you guys talking about? Is it available to stream somewhere?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman: ... ted_Series

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 11:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Best Joker to ever Joker.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-08-2020 11:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes. I was happy to see him also do the voice in Arkham Asylum.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-17-2020 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished a 4 part documentary on the Sydney Metro, tunnel boring mainly. Not sure if you people will view but it is very good if you get a chance.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-18-2020 11:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anybody watching a 4 episode British TV show called Roadkill?
Hugh Laurie is doing a standout role and I am just 2 into the 4 episodes.

What about a Raised by Wolves?
Here's the trailer...

Quote:
Raised by Wolves is an American science fiction drama television series created by Aaron Guzikowski that premiered on HBO Max on September 3, 2020. The first two episodes were directed by Ridley Scott, who also serves as an executive producer for the show. In September 2020, the series was renewed for a second season.
Wiki

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-20-2020 09:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Anybody watching a 4 episode British TV show called Roadkill?
Hugh Laurie is doing a standout role and I am just 2 into the 4 episodes.

This is on my list.

I started The Crown series 4 before finishing The Queens Gambit, which is naughty of me.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-21-2020 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Queens Gambit, mention keeps coming to mind for some reason so I better look into it. Ah yes that chess player one and only 7 episodes.

I better finish 'Raised by Wolves' first and my initial take is that it is a bit slow so I hope it picks up soon.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-25-2020 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, 'Raised by Wolves' did pick up and I finished season 1. I will suggest, if you're into sci-fi, yes it is not too bad at all.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-25-2020 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
The Queen's Gambit

:up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 07:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
The Queen's Gambit

Interesting?
I went looking for The Queen's Gambit to find an episode of the same name Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (season 1 episode 5)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-30-2020 04:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's the name of a chess opening, no doubt it's been used before.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-30-2020 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
It's the name of a chess opening, no doubt it's been used before.

Really :smirk:
I have been a chess player near as long as I've been on the planet. My Dad taught me the basics and I play when I get the chance, now usually online, thoroughly enjoy the game :p

Queen's Gambit Wiki

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-30-2020 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Queen's Gambit was pretty good, except for the cheesy and abrupt ending.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2020 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Finished season 3 of Castlevania on Netflix. Best season so far. Can't wait for season 4!

On season 3 myself, really well done.

Blood of Zeus is excellent too.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.