Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-17-2020 05:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty sure Whiskey is serious :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-17-2020 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is a reasonable question. I thought the plant as the 'slug' is just too simple and we're talking phantasmagoria here.

Also, I have no knowledge of 3D print advances save some snippets on TV so humour me please.

@ phantasmagoria, if it is the green plant, is it done in one piece? Κracus thought "....a bunch of hoses stuck together."

Eraser wrote:
Reading comprehension :rolleyes:

What?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-17-2020 01:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Phant literally said the pot is made out of cement and he got the plant from some sort of plant subscription.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-17-2020 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, thank you Eraser for the answer. Being phantasmagoria, I thought the greenery, complex as it is. Silly me :smirk:

Intricate 3D prints are about so I thought the plant. Apologies.....

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-17-2020 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey is so old he should be euthanized...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-17-2020 11:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Im more worried that Kracus is

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-18-2020 01:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
xer0s wrote:

Im more worried that Kracus is

I am waiting for that comment to be deleted

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-18-2020 04:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I delete nothing. Dead pan jokes are the best honestly.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-18-2020 04:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

END OF TEST #4623916

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-18-2020 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damnit. I missed that one.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 04:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit. You son of a bitch...you still got it!

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Oo9mhes8A

That was f*cking nice to watch!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 05:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:) I've been taking year+ long breaks ever since I started quaking. Beginning of covid was a great time to start getting back into it. Moving in with gf and kids tomorrow, so quake time may have to wait a while. But I got tonnes more auto-recorded demos between then and now - planning on making some highlight videos, and happy to share here if you guys want.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

p.s. fucking awesome that you guys are still posting here <3

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-27-2020 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The more, the merrier. We have a Discord now, too. :up:

edit: Also LOL at playing with your food at the end. :p

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-28-2020 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:

Haha that was amazing...my limited Quake skills have abandoned me

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-28-2020 07:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:

What kind of a moron still plays quake? It's all about diabotical now... Time to grow up...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-28-2020 08:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, there’s no way you could beat Jules at Quake...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-28-2020 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
:) I've been taking year+ long breaks ever since I started quaking. Beginning of covid was a great time to start getting back into it. Moving in with gf and kids tomorrow, so quake time may have to wait a while. But I got tonnes more auto-recorded demos between then and now - planning on making some highlight videos, and happy to share here if you guys want.

Congrats!!!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-29-2020 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
[xeno]Julios wrote:

What kind of a moron still plays quake? It's all about diabotical now... Time to grow up...

<3 <3 <3

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-29-2020 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
[xeno]Julios wrote:

Congrats!!!

Thanks man, gonna miss the annex.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2020 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:

Sweet! :drool:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2020 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:

This hell hole will never die!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-03-2020 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
[xeno]Julios wrote:

This hell hole will never die!

Hope not :D

Re: What is new in your little world, finished Christmas shopping yesterday and booked our escape for a Christmas getaway? Three days in a luxury lofty tree-house with heaps of extras thrown in, returning home on the 26th to open more presents.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-04-2020 09:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got an Oculus Quest 2 as Saint Nicholas* present at my job :D
Small company with 7 people working there. We're doing good :)

*which is not Dutch Christmas!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-04-2020 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys still celebrate with that Black Pete character on the 5th?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-04-2020 12:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only the peasants, and mongoloids who are now akin to antivaxxers and 5g theorists.
The rest of the country grew the fuck up.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-04-2020 01:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

Basically what MKJ said. A lot has changed in the past few years and most people really don't care about the character's facial color anymore. So the way it's most commonly portrayed now is with a "normal" skin color but a few black streaks which is supposed to be soot from the chimneys Petes supposedly climb in.

The thing is that there are people all across the spectrum ranging from "get rid of the character altogether" all the way to "don't change a thing from his traditional look". The consensus is slowly moving towards the first, but I don't think it'll ever get all the way there. Seems unnecessary to me as well. Trouble is, people at either extreme end of the spectrum are the most vocal and will do the most extreme things.

I just think it's funny that people are really opposed to changing Pete's appearance and skin color because , as they say, it cannot be explained to children if Pete's no longer black. So we have this make-believe version of a person who's hundreds of years old, lives in Spain and travels by steam boat filled with presents to the Netherlands once a year to climb on roofs, slide down chimneys and put presents in the (well secured by home security) shoes of children all over the country but when the skin color of his assistant Pete is changed, suddenly the whole thing supposedly collapses.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-04-2020 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's similar stuff going on here in the States with football team names and mascots. A lot of melodrama about the Redskins getting a new name. Supposedly it's ruining all of football if you can't do a tomahawk chop when your team scores.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-04-2020 10:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just before it gets away from Jerry; where he said 'normsl skin color' he meant whatever the skin color of the person playing the character has.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-05-2020 12:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, that's why I put normal between quotes.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-05-2020 01:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

old b&w photos of coal miners have been removed from the walls of pubs because their coaldust-smeared faces reminded someone of blackface

and by 'someone' i mean 'a witless shitgoblin' :|

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 12-05-2020 01:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Transient wrote:

Basically what MKJ said. A lot has changed in the past few years and most people really don't care about the character's facial color anymore. So the way it's most commonly portrayed now is with a "normal" skin color but a few black streaks which is supposed to be soot from the chimneys Petes supposedly climb in.

The thing is that there are people all across the spectrum ranging from "get rid of the character altogether" all the way to "don't change a thing from his traditional look". The consensus is slowly moving towards the first, but I don't think it'll ever get all the way there. Seems unnecessary to me as well. Trouble is, people at either extreme end of the spectrum are the most vocal and will do the most extreme things.

I just think it's funny that people are really opposed to changing Pete's appearance and skin color because , as they say, it cannot be explained to children if Pete's no longer black. So we have this make-believe version of a person who's hundreds of years old, lives in Spain and travels by steam boat filled with presents to the Netherlands once a year to climb on roofs, slide down chimneys and put presents in the (well secured by home security) shoes of children all over the country but when the skin color of his assistant Pete is changed, suddenly the whole thing supposedly collapses.

lol, I had the idea that a lot of white dutchies still oppose the idea of a "natural"-coloured skin Pete, but I guess I have too many conservative, slightly racist (but don't know or realize it) "friends" on my facial book. "IT IS RUINING THIS CHILDREN'

The most ironic thing is that even Blackface isn't tolerable in a thoroughly racist country like the USA.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-05-2020 02:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends where you look I guess. I wouldn't be surprised opposition of roetveegpiet is a lot stronger in de Achterhoek than in de Randstad.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.