Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 09:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Harrow

An Australian TV series, season 3 just commenced :up:
Like I said last, there's a few twists you will find interesting.

IMDB

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-26-2021 08:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol @ the people who gave up on WandaVision early doors

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 03-04-2021 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still watching WV. It had a couple good episodes where Things Happened... last episode was back to weird circular exposition.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-04-2021 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: Currently watching....on the TV ..Not much as we wait for new OLED to be fixed to the wall.... Need move the old bracket down somewhat :smirk:

ImageImage

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-04-2021 09:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then this recommendation was suggest....
... You just can't beat an Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef and of course, a Clint Eastwood combination :up: :up:
All I can say is, if you haven't, you must :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-04-2021 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hours later, after visitors, this classic

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-05-2021 12:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Re: Currently watching....on the TV ..Not much as we wait for new OLED to be fixed to the wall.... Need move the old bracket down somewhat :smirk:

That TV is a beauty

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 03-05-2021 05:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:

That TV is a beauty

I didn't even know GSYNC came on a TV that big... I want.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-08-2021 10:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New television is nice :) Spent time setting up HDMIs etc, playing with setting.Such quality :D but still learning tips & trick, new menus & stuff.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-09-2021 03:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a beauty Whiskey 7 :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-09-2021 07:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got into Rick and Morty...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-09-2021 08:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-09-2021 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rick and Morty is fucking awesome. Can't wait for next season.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-12-2021 03:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I just got into Rick and Morty...

Great program

Paradise PD part 3 out today. Mental program :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-12-2021 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I couldn't really get into that. Just finished watching the last season of South Park, man.. those guys go hard still to this day.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-12-2021 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you see the Pandemic Special and the Vaccine Special? Fookin hilarious...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-12-2021 08:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol yeah really good shit. PC baby's might be my favorite.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-14-2021 11:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I binged all the way through Disenchantment, the latest creation of Matt Groening (creator of The Simpsons and Futurama).
I very much like this series. It's bold, but more refined than Futurama. There's a lot of mystery involved in the series, and there are hints and little details hidden everywhere, which is great to read about in a place like r/disenchantment. There's all sorts of theories about what's going on.

There's a great cast of characters. Among my favorites are Zøg, the loud and foul-mouthed king and father of main character Bean (short for Princess Tiabeanie) as well as Oona, Bean's drug addicted lizard step mom. Merkimer the talking pig is great too.

There's three seasons so far, with 10 episodes that last for about 25 mins each, so it can be binged kind of fast if you like.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2021 04:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmm couldn't get into that when I tried before, maybe I'll have to give it another shot.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-15-2021 09:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Falcon and Winter Soldier

It’s your basic Marvel programming. One thing that bothered me on episode 4:

When they all started fighting the super soldiers at the end of the episode, one of the soldiers killed John Walker’s partner. Everyone immediately stopped fighting and looked shocked. What the fuck did they expect? They are kicking each other through walls, swinging knives, and all manner of lethal activity. Were they thinking no one would get hurt? Bit of a dumb moment...

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 04-21-2021 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier. However, just finished Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-24-2021 03:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finished The Falcon and Winter Soldier. It was meh.

The whole racial issue around Captain American was very forced and cringey. The speech at the end was embarrassing...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-24-2021 10:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally started watching Black Mirror.

Quote:
An anthology series exploring a twisted, high-tech multiverse where humanity's greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide.

Interesting and I am only into episode 3 of season 1. (22 episodes over 6years)

IMDB

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-24-2021 11:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Black Mirror is excellent

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-25-2021 12:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Honestly, I feel Black Mirror is a bit over hyped. Yes, there's some great episodes, some brutally disheartening which is something Black Mirrors has become known for, but there's also pretty weak episodes. On average, I'd say it's well worth watching, but it really doesn't give you the existential crisis like some people want you to think.

Just don't give up on it for 3 years after seeing the very first episode like I did ;)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-25-2021 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, I won't be giving up. Season 2 Episode 1 titled Be Right Back was very interesting. I expect others will be somewhat similar.

Quote:
Storyline...
Martha is devastated when her partner Ash is killed in an accident the day they planned to move in together. At Ash's funeral, Martha's friend tells her of a new service which enables people to communicate with their (deceased) loved one. Martha is appalled, and decides to stay in the cottage despite her sister's view she is isolating herself. One day Martha gets a message from Ash, and she realises Sarah has signed her up for the service. Initially, Martha's displeased but, on finding she's pregnant, relents and soon begins communicating now and more with 'Ash'. With her comfort-level growing talking with the synthetic Ash, it isn't long before 'he' tells Martha about a 'next level' of communicating - one which will bring them truly closer.

Short is the avatar of her partner Ash ends up in the attic, looks like for years

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-05-2021 11:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
................anyone watched that recent TV series Resident Alien? .....

I am about 5 episodes in and yes, not too bad really and worth a view.

EDIT: Finished same night. Yes, give it a go given opportunity :up:

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 05-06-2021 12:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-06-2021 01:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just completed watching season 2 of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.
I watched season 1 when it first came out but kind of gave up on it because it got so repetitive. I dived into season 2 in a moment of boredom and found that they managed to alleviate the repetitiveness of season 1, despite being two episodes longer. Will commence season 3 soon! :)

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 05-10-2021 03:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started watching "Invincible" (on amazon prime).

Genre is "superheroes with 'realistic' consequences" (Watchmen, The boys, etc.) plus some YA elements.

Pretty enjoyable. Lightyears behind "Watchmen", though.

8/10

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-10-2021 03:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
Genre is "superheroes with 'realistic' consequences"

I'm still bummed they let Heroes go off the rails like that all those years ago

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-10-2021 06:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

loved that show, it died because of a writers strike, they didn't exactly let it go it was just a victim of corporations refusing to adequately reward its writers.

Oddly I've also been watching a superheroes with real consequences bit called Jupiter Ascending. Kinda liking it so far..

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-10-2021 08:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watching Resident Alien, pretty good.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-14-2021 09:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got a couple of episodes left of Castlevania season 4, and it's still fucking awesome.

Interestingly, it looks like they either kept Warren Ellis on as the writer, or he finished writing it before the allegations about him became public.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-14-2021 12:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Literally just finished watching episode 1 of season 4 :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-16-2021 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, that fight between
Carmilla and Isaac
is intense!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.