So, what games are you playing now?

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
MKJ

Re: So, what games are you playing now?

Post by MKJ »

Its really different which kills the game tbh.
Deck building? Pls.

Also playing solo locks you out from any form of progression, so you'd better care about MP :dork:
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

MKJ wrote:Deck building? Pls.
what the what now?
MKJ wrote:Also playing solo locks you out from any form of progression, so you'd better care about MP :dork:
Who wants to play a game like this solo anyway? In my other post I said I didn't care for L4D's PvP mode, but PvE I only played with other players.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Don Carlos wrote:Ratchet and Clank (2016)

A little beaut of a game - would highly recommend it
Now finished this - wonderful game. I will get the next one in the series, when it's not £70
tnf

Post by tnf »

Been playing Far Cry 6. I really like it - but I know many are tired of the formulaic FC formula. The voice acting and acting overall is solid, there is a lot of shit to do on the island. AI is a little better than past games but not much. Main issue is that once you are leveled up a bit with some decent weapons the game becomes trivially easy - so to keep things interesting you can at least try different ways of doing things from stealthy to all out chaos.
Last edited by tnf on Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

I got a copy free with my CPU and I've installed it, but not tried it yet
It will, no doubt, murder my 3070
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Valve dropped a Half-Life 2 update.
https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-quietly-u ... bug-fixes/

Mostly just bug fixes and technical stuff like ultra-wide support and Vulcan rendering support.
tnf

Post by tnf »

Not a video game, but getting one of these delivered next Tuesday.

[lvlshot]https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/TMNT-Premium-Cabinet-LF-3tgaerfa-scaled.jpg[/lvlshot]
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Awesome :up:
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

tnf wrote:Not a video game, but getting one of these delivered next Tuesday.

[lvlshot]https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/TMNT-Premium-Cabinet-LF-3tgaerfa-scaled.jpg[/lvlshot]
Nice.
I own an original 1972 Bally Fireball :up:
It's considered a highly influential machine for it's the first to include multiball, traps and zipperflippers. And excellent hand-painted artwork.
Tho it probably gets more maintenance than actual playtime.
Denz

Post by Denz »

I am super heavy into Destiny right now. The 30th anniversary stuff with *cough* Bungie is super fun.
I would like to see some of you get over there and if you and if you already have look me up. Maybe we can go blow something up. denzii is where to find me on Steam and Bungie. Of course after all these years I am still me. Come and join me!!!
[img]http://denzii.com/upload/damn.gif[/img]
Denz

Post by Denz »

tnf wrote:Been playing Far Cry 6. I really like it - but I know many are tired of the formulaic FC formula. The voice acting and acting overall is solid, there is a lot of shit to do on the island. AI is a little better than past games but not much. Main issue is that once you are leveled up a bit with some decent weapons the game becomes trivially easy - so to keep things interesting you can at least try different ways of doing things from stealthy to all out chaos.
I like this game too!! Fun.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

I finished Titanfall 2's single player.

The game is solid. Shooting, moving, everything feels good. It is a well crafted game. There's a few interesting levels that are really original and well worth giving the game a playthrough.
Having said that, most of the other stuff is really forgettable. The Titanfall 2 universe feels too generic and the story is rather weak.
All in all I liked the game for the €5 or so I paid for it. But despite the sometimes brilliant level design, the game feels a bit flat in places.
Denz

Post by Denz »

Eraser wrote:I finished Titanfall 2's single player.

The game is solid. Shooting, moving, everything feels good. It is a well crafted game. There's a few interesting levels that are really original and well worth giving the game a playthrough.
Having said that, most of the other stuff is really forgettable. The Titanfall 2 universe feels too generic and the story is rather weak.
All in all I liked the game for the €5 or so I paid for it. But despite the sometimes brilliant level design, the game feels a bit flat in places.
Got to try Destiny. If you're into Titanfall
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Eraser wrote:I finished Titanfall 2's single player.

I very much enjoyed Titanfall 2 - a little gem that had some wonderful levels in
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Started playing the VR edition of Hell blade - Senua's Sacrifice today.

This game is truly amazing on an emotional level. Let's not talk about gameplay too much, because it does nothing we haven't seen a million times before in that regard. In terms of atmosphere, story telling and being emotionally intense, this game checks all the boxes.

It's the absolute mirror opposite of a game like Titanfall 2, which is light about story and atmosphere, but has its combat mechanics down to a tee. Hellblade really should be played because you want to be sucked into the story and drift off into the psychosis that Senua is experiencing.

Honestly, a game like this makes a much deeper impression on me than a game like Titanfall. Not to say Titanfall is bad, but they're two completely different games, and Hellblade suits my tasted just a bit more.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Don Carlos wrote: I very much enjoyed Titanfall 2 - a little gem that had some wonderful levels in
I must say the construction factory level is a real highlight in terms of level design for me. Not just of the game, but of games in general.
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

Have you played Dishonored 2 Eraser?
It was released the same year, and one of its levels shares the same gimmick with one of Titanfall 2's ones (DH2: A Crack in the Slab / TF2: Effect and Cause).
They're both outstanding levels.

But Dishonored 2 also has Jindosh's Clockwork Mansion, which is just *chef's kiss*.
Still probably one of the most impressive pieces of level design I've ever seen.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

I only played the first Dishonored game, not the second.
I saw videos where they disect those levels on Noclip and Game Makers Toolkit. I could've guessed you were a fan of those levels :) Weren't you a big fan of the level design in the Thief games as well? (And rightly so I'd say). Dishonored 2 is on my "to play" list.
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

Yeah, I love the Thief games too :D
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

I've been playing Control the past few days. Typical Remedy Entertainment game. I think it's a great game. The gameplay mechanics are really game-ey but everything feels real solid. Combat is tight and visceral and the puzzly bits are shallow but adequate. Everything you do has a real sense of tangible impact to it. The guns sound great, explosions are loud and forceful and using telekinesis to rip parts of concrete out of walls to hurl them at your enemies is great :D

The atmosphere is great too, and this is where the game really shines IMO. Those who played Alan Wake and liked that will feel right at home here. Although where Alan Wake really dived head first into the horror aspect of it, Control is less horror and more about "here's a bunch of weirdness, be freaked out by it". The game isn't particularly scary like a Silent Hill or Outlast would be, but there's a constant tension going on that creeps under your skin. Things never get really scary because when you deconstruct the game into its core elements, the gameplay consists of little more than moving from room to room and shooting all the bad guys in the face. But telling it like that does a huge disservice to the game, because the shooting bits work really well and the overlying aesthetic and atmosphere really sucks you in.

The game takes place in The Bureau of Control which is a secret government organization that tries to keep supernatural occurrences under wraps as well as study them. It has a bit of Stranger Things, as well as X-Files and Twilight Zone going on. The Bureau has been overrun by some mysterious force and you find yourself in the middle of all of this when everybody suddenly starts referring to you as the Director of the Bureau. Then there's also this rather strange janitor... hmmm...

I had kind of forgotten I have this game because I got it for free on the Epic Games Store a while ago, but kind of stumbled into it recently so decided to give it a whirl. And I'm glad I did because it sure is a great experience.
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

It's a great game, although some of the difficulty spikes are a bit extreme.

It's also a great game to revisit once in a while, as it's cottoned on to the fact that as long as you make movement in a game interesting, often that's enough to maintain interest.
And there's also quite a few hidden things in there which are fun to unlock.

It's also heavily influenced by the SCP Foundation.
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

I've been meaning to sink more time into Control, maybe in the coming weeks.. I loved Alan Wake, and hell, most things put out by Remedy.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

I tried my best to get into Control but it just didn't grab me :/
Pext

Post by Pext »

Don Carlos wrote:I tried my best to get into Control but it just didn't grab me :/
Same here. The premise was nice: Strong "Lost" vibes + some spookyness. I liked the abstractness of it.

But the gameplay was not something I care about. Generic shooter with a boring twist.
Pext

Post by Pext »

The Ruined King (League of Legends RPG spinoff) - 8/10

A JRPG set in the world of league of legends. The combat mechanics are very satisfying. But it's on the easy side. Play it on the highest difficulty.

Nothing special but well crafted. Solid game.