no coronavirus thread ?

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Eraser

Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Post by Eraser »

YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote: Can I just say.... citation needed?
Ever occur to you to look something up? Nah, who would want to do that. Who wants to anything other than bias confirmation?
It's not up to me to prove you're wrong. If you make claims and present them as facts then it's up to you to provide evidence to support those claims. Thinking it's up to me to refute them just shows me you've fallen pretty deeply into the conspiracy pond.
Transient

Post by Transient »

That sounds like the type of thing a member of deep state would say. :offended:
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

lol yea, but I know which side of the fence has been busying the "do your own research" mantra a lot.

Here in the Netherlands we have a term for people like that. We call them "wappie" (singular) or "wappies" (plural). The term has existed for longer but took flight at the start of the corona pandemic and is generally used for people that lost their way and fell into the conspiracytheory-think trap.
vesp

Post by vesp »

Let's face it, everyone knew that was going to be his response.
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

Eraser wrote:lol yea, but I know which side of the fence has been busying the "do your own research" mantra a lot.

Here in the Netherlands we have a term for people like that. We call them "wappie" (singular) or "wappies" (plural). The term has existed for longer but took flight at the start of the corona pandemic and is generally used for people that lost their way and fell into the conspiracytheory-think trap.
here in the UK we call those people fucktacular cunt-o-trons because we like syllables
LegendGuard

Post by LegendGuard »

I heard some guys said that people became aggressive after the mask restriction. I think they were highly frustrated and fed up with this abuse of power...
Captain

Post by Captain »

Eraser wrote:If that's real then it's a pretty tasteless example to post. It's about a 3 year old child not getting the medical help she needs, not someone inflicting it on themselves.
Hey Oprah, I'm not laughing at the kid, but if you really believe what you're saying, start adopting them.
Doombrain

Post by Doombrain »

Eraser wrote: It's not up to me to prove you're wrong. If you make claims and present them as facts then it's up to you to provide evidence to support those claims. Thinking it's up to me to refute them just shows me you've fallen pretty deeply into the conspiracy pond.
Look... there's no come back from this. Anything now is flat earth shit.
raw

Post by raw »

Κracus wrote:You're arguing with a guy who says riding without a helmet is safer because he can hear better. The faculties required to reason with him just aren't there.

The thing that bothers me most about him though is how he's not in a home care situation and seems to be an otherwise functional member of society. Like, this dude is allowed to ride a motorbike and a car and I believe owns a house. Like how can you be that severely impaired and yet be functional enough to get what looks to be a reasonable income. I just don't get it.
[lvlshot]https://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/700x/www.onlyinyourstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/6767979825_bc3ca443bf_c.jpg[/lvlshot]

The irony of the helmet law history.
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Yeah I think I actually posted this article a while back when it happened. It's just so dumb, like gwamps. I don't know how you do it to stay there.
raw

Post by raw »

I just laugh and laugh every time I read that article. Cause and effect so neatly wrapped.
Transient

Post by Transient »

https://gizmodo.com/excess-deaths-among ... 1850678150
Excess Deaths Among Republicans Skyrocketed After Covid Vaccine Became Available, Study Finds
The study found the “excess mortality was significantly higher for Republican voters than Democratic voters after COVID-19 vaccines were available to all adults, but not before,” noting that the death rate for Republican voters was 43% higher than for Democratic voters after the vaccine was widely available. However, the study notes that the data did not include whether the individual was vaccinated or if their deaths were directly linked to covid-19, but researchers looked at the divide in political party-affiliated deaths between January 2018 and December 2021 and compared the pre-pandemic death rate to deaths recorded post-Covid vaccine.
Oops.
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

This is why global warming will kill us all. One side refusing to listen to reason and making the problem worse just to piss off the other side. Like just shoot yourself and get it over with instead of taking everyone with you.
raw

Post by raw »

Do not attack the purpose of Gramps' life!
Mogul

Post by Mogul »

hello

did anybody on q3w die during covid lol
This line only remake is total rubbish I've ever seen!!! Fuck off!!! --CZghost
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Lars did :(
Mogul

Post by Mogul »

wow, sorry to hear that. I always appreciated his news posts.
This line only remake is total rubbish I've ever seen!!! Fuck off!!! --CZghost
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Don Carlos wrote:Lars did :(
It wasn't Covid but lung disease, probably cancer that got him in the end.
I was in regular contact (Pen Pal) with Keith (lars63) to close the end :tear:
[color=orange]Physicist [/color][color=white]of [/color][color=green]Q3W[/color]