Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?


Post new topicReply to topic
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC




Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 44136
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 09:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Can I just say.... citation needed?


Ever occur to you to look something up? Nah, who would want to do that. Who wants to anything other than bias confirmation?

It's not up to me to prove you're wrong. If you make claims and present them as facts then it's up to you to provide evidence to support those claims. Thinking it's up to me to refute them just shows me you've fallen pretty deeply into the conspiracy pond.




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 35460
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 09:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


That sounds like the type of thing a member of deep state would say. :offended:




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 44136
PostPosted: 07-14-2023 01:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


lol yea, but I know which side of the fence has been busying the "do your own research" mantra a lot.

Here in the Netherlands we have a term for people like that. We call them "wappie" (singular) or "wappies" (plural). The term has existed for longer but took flight at the start of the corona pandemic and is generally used for people that lost their way and fell into the conspiracytheory-think trap.




Top
                 

meh...
meh...
Joined: 23 Mar 2000
Posts: 4255
PostPosted: 07-14-2023 05:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Let's face it, everyone knew that was going to be his response.




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34898
PostPosted: 07-14-2023 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
lol yea, but I know which side of the fence has been busying the "do your own research" mantra a lot.

Here in the Netherlands we have a term for people like that. We call them "wappie" (singular) or "wappies" (plural). The term has existed for longer but took flight at the start of the corona pandemic and is generally used for people that lost their way and fell into the conspiracytheory-think trap.


here in the UK we call those people fucktacular cunt-o-trons because we like syllables




Top
                 

Commander
Commander
Joined: 08 Jun 2022
Posts: 100
PostPosted: 07-14-2023 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I heard some guys said that people became aggressive after the mask restriction. I think they were highly frustrated and fed up with this abuse of power...




Top
                 

Legend
Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16498
PostPosted: 07-14-2023 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
If that's real then it's a pretty tasteless example to post. It's about a 3 year old child not getting the medical help she needs, not someone inflicting it on themselves.


Hey Oprah, I'm not laughing at the kid, but if you really believe what you're saying, start adopting them.




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48594
PostPosted: 07-15-2023 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
It's not up to me to prove you're wrong. If you make claims and present them as facts then it's up to you to provide evidence to support those claims. Thinking it's up to me to refute them just shows me you've fallen pretty deeply into the conspiracy pond.


Look... there's no come back from this. Anything now is flat earth shit.




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34661
PostPosted: 07-17-2023 03:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Κracus wrote:
You're arguing with a guy who says riding without a helmet is safer because he can hear better. The faculties required to reason with him just aren't there.

The thing that bothers me most about him though is how he's not in a home care situation and seems to be an otherwise functional member of society. Like, this dude is allowed to ride a motorbike and a car and I believe owns a house. Like how can you be that severely impaired and yet be functional enough to get what looks to be a reasonable income. I just don't get it.





The irony of the helmet law history.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
PostPosted: 07-17-2023 03:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Yeah I think I actually posted this article a while back when it happened. It's just so dumb, like gwamps. I don't know how you do it to stay there.




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34661
PostPosted: 07-17-2023 03:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I just laugh and laugh every time I read that article. Cause and effect so neatly wrapped.




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 35460
PostPosted: 07-26-2023 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


https://gizmodo.com/excess-deaths-among ... 1850678150
Excess Deaths Among Republicans Skyrocketed After Covid Vaccine Became Available, Study Finds
Quote:
The study found the “excess mortality was significantly higher for Republican voters than Democratic voters after COVID-19 vaccines were available to all adults, but not before,” noting that the death rate for Republican voters was 43% higher than for Democratic voters after the vaccine was widely available. However, the study notes that the data did not include whether the individual was vaccinated or if their deaths were directly linked to covid-19, but researchers looked at the divide in political party-affiliated deaths between January 2018 and December 2021 and compared the pre-pandemic death rate to deaths recorded post-Covid vaccine.

Oops.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
PostPosted: 07-27-2023 05:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


This is why global warming will kill us all. One side refusing to listen to reason and making the problem worse just to piss off the other side. Like just shoot yourself and get it over with instead of taking everyone with you.




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34661
PostPosted: 07-29-2023 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Do not attack the purpose of Gramps' life!




Top
                 

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
Joined: 23 May 1973
Posts: 3273
PostPosted: 08-21-2023 02:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


hello

did anybody on q3w die during covid lol



_________________
This line only remake is total rubbish I've ever seen!!! Fuck off!!! --CZghost


Top
                 

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 52133
PostPosted: 08-21-2023 04:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Lars did :(




Top
                 

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
Joined: 23 May 1973
Posts: 3273
PostPosted: 08-21-2023 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


wow, sorry to hear that. I always appreciated his news posts.



_________________
This line only remake is total rubbish I've ever seen!!! Fuck off!!! --CZghost


Top
                 

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
Joined: 20 Jul 2001
Posts: 12926
PostPosted: 08-21-2023 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Don Carlos wrote:
Lars did :(

It wasn't Covid but lung disease, probably cancer that got him in the end.
I was in regular contact (Pen Pal) with Keith (lars63) to close the end :tear:



_________________
Physicist of Q3W


Top
                 
Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion


Post new topic Reply to topic


cron
Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.