Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Q3 server

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q3 server

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 07:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To create a server in Quake 3, can I just go into the multiplayer options and select create game [Internet game] and others on the Internet will be able to see me and play.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 07:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kind of. If you have a firewall or router you need to forward port 27960 for inbound UDP traffic to your Q3 server's IP address. Setting up a server while playing is also a clunky way to go about it. If you have an extra machine I would advise hosting a dedicated server. http://www.gameadmins.com has documents which covers the setup and configuration in detail.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

email me rjoly@theedge.ca i will send you a kickass config ..the one i used on my server.

you need to be running OSP though but well worth it.
http://www.orangesmoothies.org

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just basically play normal deathmatch. I've never tried OSP. How different is it from normal.

I have a friend that I want to play with and I just thought I would set something up that he could join on so its just the 2 of us playing

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes if its just you and a friend you can set it up through the ingame menus. then your friend would just /connect [ip] to you in his console.

osp plays the same as normal q3 (same physics except a few bug fixes), but also offers a lot more options like countdown timer to start, custom model colors, stats, etc.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.