The last movie you saw

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Pauly

The last movie you saw

Post by Pauly »

OK time to bring out this thread again.

What was the last film you watched and give it a score out of 10, with any comments you want to add. They don't need to be new films, just the last film you happened to see.

The last film I watched was X-Men 2 on Sky movies. I have seen it several times before, but there was nothing else on so I watched it.

7 out of 10.
It's pretty good. Easy to watch, nice action.
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

National Treasure.

Also 7 out of 10. A bit over the top, but I enjoyed it pretty well.

On the other end of the spectrum. I saw Life Aquatic. That was the biggest disappointment recently.
+JuggerNaut+

Post by +JuggerNaut+ »

no such thing as a perfect movie. that's an unattainable score.

Ray. 8 out of 10. Good story, great music. the lead acting was really good, but i'm not sure if it was worthy of an academy award.
+JuggerNaut+

Post by +JuggerNaut+ »

scourge34 wrote:National Treasure.

On the other end of the spectrum. I saw Life Aquatic. That was the biggest disappointment recently.
interesting, i just got that from Netflix. my movie-whore buddy gave it a 9, and he rarely gives 9's out.
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:

interesting, i just got that from Netflix. my movie-whore buddy gave it a 9, and he rarely gives 9's out.
Which one?
+JuggerNaut+

Post by +JuggerNaut+ »

oops, i meant to remvoe "national treasure". i was referring to "life aquatic".
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

TBH, it bored me to death. I'm a fan of Bill Murray, but this one just didn't tickly my funny bone. It had a couple moments that were few and far between.

edit: could just be me though. :)

Post by Guest »

Yesterday I watched In Good Company and Hitch.

In Good Company - 9/10, very very good "light but not so light" movie and Topher Grace is awesome.

Hitch - 6/10 for the effort, though the movieis really dumb.
+JuggerNaut+

Post by +JuggerNaut+ »

scourge34 wrote:TBH, it bored me to death. I'm a fan of Bill Murray, but this one just didn't tickly my funny bone. It had a couple moments that were few and far between.

my buddy says it's his greatest performance, but it wasn't supposed to be a flat out comedy. maybe you expected that.

either way, i'll be checking it out on monday or tuesday, so i'll be back with a score.
Zyte -_-

Post by Zyte -_- »

se7en

9 of 10

Post by Guest »

White noise

2 out of 10

Only reason it's not a one is cause I didn't bother finishing the movie.
4days

Post by 4days »

that star wars 3 thing. 6/10

they'd done something to make natalie portman look a bit like andi mcdowell instead of fit, and that guy from la law was in it again - but it was better than the other two, and r2d2 kicked off. i loved that bit.
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

Secret Window, in which Johnny Depp plays himself just like every movie he's in.

6/10 - the twist was weak, and somehow I failed to care one way or the other about the outcome. The whole 'you-think-they're-real-but-actually-they're-just-figments-of-the-imagination' routine has been done better, not least in Fight Club.
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Didn't finish watching it, but Tomb Raider was on today. 4/10, and that's mostly because Angelina's so fucking hot.
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

100% gold-plated bucket of arse. I kept expecting it to lift off, but it never did. Flat script. Nick Cage trying to be oh-so-earnest, and Hollywood falling back on the old Brits-as-bad-guys routine LIKE WE'RE NOT STANDING SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WITH YOU ON THE WAR ON TURRUR AND BOMBING ALL THE PEOPLE YOU BOMB AND HATING ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HATE AND TALKING ALL THE BULLSHIT YOU TALK. I MEAN FFS WHAT DOES IT FUCKING TAKE YOU COLONIAL INGRATES?!?
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Nightshade wrote:Didn't finish watching it, but Tomb Raider was on today. 4/10, and that's mostly because Angelina's so fucking hot.
Yes on all counts
random name

Post by random name »

Beyond Borders -1 out of 10
saturn

Post by saturn »

Kingdom of Heaven 7.5/10

Nice spectacle from Ridley Scott. Orlando Bloom is still a paperthin hero and the story's not that much. The visuals and sounds are great as can be expected from Ridley Scott
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

seremtan wrote:
100% gold-plated bucket of arse. I kept expecting it to lift off, but it never did. Flat script. Nick Cage trying to be oh-so-earnest, and Hollywood falling back on the old Brits-as-bad-guys routine LIKE WE'RE NOT STANDING SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WITH YOU ON THE WAR ON TURRUR AND BOMBING ALL THE PEOPLE YOU BOMB AND HATING ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HATE AND TALKING ALL THE BULLSHIT YOU TALK. I MEAN FFS WHAT DOES IT FUCKING TAKE YOU COLONIAL INGRATES?!?
Dude, relax, it's just a movie. And btw, we haven't been colonial for around 200 years. Anyway, I don't want to go off into that can of worms. Back to the movies. :)
Maiden

Post by Maiden »

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
scourge34 wrote:TBH, it bored me to death. I'm a fan of Bill Murray, but this one just didn't tickly my funny bone. It had a couple moments that were few and far between.

my buddy says it's his greatest performance, but it wasn't supposed to be a flat out comedy. maybe you expected that.

either way, i'll be checking it out on monday or tuesday, so i'll be back with a score.
5 bucks says you buy the soundtrack right away
Grudge

Post by Grudge »

Life Aquatic disappointing? wtf, it's the best movie I've seen the last year.

National treasure, on the other hand was pretty much a pile of shit

oh, I looking at Something about Mary on TV now, pretty funny, I guess it's worth a 7/10
megami

Post by megami »

The Empire Strikes Back- 9.5/10
ajerara

Post by ajerara »

Mr. Saturday Night with Billy Crystal, 4/10, though I did stay up til 2:30 am to se the end. Corny, but heartwarming, with lots of Jewish stereotypes. It was a good late night movie.
PhoeniX

Post by PhoeniX »

Team America (dvdscr-xvid) - 8/10

Post by Guest »

I was always wondering whats the difference between a DVDSCR and a DVDRIP.