Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        LCD Pannel.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: LCD Pannel.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 08:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i got a LCD here, and as it seems that the VGA controller is gone off of it, the pannel itsself is good to go, ( power and etc ) But i cant get the VGA input to display on it...

any thaughts/mod's/idea's on what to do with it?
its a NEC Multisynk LCD1565btw.

is it posable to bypas all of the controller unit and etc and hook the lcd up to something ( raw ) and have it display from there?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does it have a digital input? If so, I'm sure they make a VGA to digital converter.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 09:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no, its analog only...

the actuall issue with the pannel is that sometimes it will actually detect that a vga signal is being sent to it, and it will come out of sleep mode.. but it wont display anything.. ( or go in the OSD for that matter )

but as soon as you sever the VGA connection, it says "Cable Unplugged" in the usual blue box that pop's up on the screen...

so process of elim, says that the LCD itsself is good, but the stuff pushing the picture to the pannel is pooched.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 09:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weird....

I'm sure you've been through all the manual settings. The only thing I could suggest is to look for drivers.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 05:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, sounds like the controller board is fux0red.
only way you're going to get it to work then is by getting a new board for it.
you could call NEC and see what they say.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im GUESSING that it would be ~100 for it, and i mean i could pick up a simular LCD new for 140... so.. its not really in my interest.

thats why i was asking if i could hook it up to somthing raw without the controller.. then p00m :)

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the controler is usually 90% of the price of an LCD screen. I've seen NIB 15" SXGA replacement laptop screens with no controler on ebay for ~$20... problem is you have to spend another $200 or so on a coltroler board to get it to do anything.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so there is NO point in me keeping this? i dont really want to toss is away.. there has to be SOMETHING that i can do to get this shizzle doing somthing..

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you could hock it on ebay...
or i suppose you could call NEC; explain whats going on; it may very well be a small issue.

Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

garantee? Warranty? anything like that?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_watson: yea, i could... but a friend of mine ( the guy who gave it to me ) was on the phone with them for over 3 hours trynig to figure it out.... nothing... but, he is kinda a noob :)

Boo: No, this was givin to my friend, and then givin to me.. nohting of the sort.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, you could try just cracking it open and soldering on a new set of wires and VGA connector.
if that doesn't fix it, its gotta be the controler board.
least its getting power; and can sense if there is a cable or not... so it may be something simple like a cold solder on one of the wires fucking up the image.
if you could find one that has a cracked screen or something on ebay you could frankenstien them into a working monitor.
other than that, i think its pretty fucked.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuckle,

i thaught about the VGA idea.. but i can just use the simpleist and less distructive way of testing it, run a Ohm Meter through it and see if it connects...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe you have a blown fuse.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AmIdYfReAk wrote:
fuckle,

i thaught about the VGA idea.. but i can just use the simpleist and less distructive way of testing it, run a Ohm Meter through it and see if it connects...

well, i suppose if you pluged it into a video card (so the monitor doesn't go 'no signal' and turn off the vga port), you could test all the wires where they connect to the control board... but you'd probably need the pin-out diagram for the monitor to make any logical deduction of if anything is fucked up or not.
without engineering specs, diagnosing a problem is kinda like a blind man judging a beauty contest... you're just feeling around in the dark with no idea what you're looking for.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.