Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Back & Forth
Back & Forth
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just finished The Machinist, definantly the best movie ive seen in the last few months, along with House of Flying Daggers.

8.5/10

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 10:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
I liked Unforgiven pretty well.

Love that film :icon14: :icon14:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
I just rented Seed of Chucky...gonna watch it soon.

why would you admit something like that?

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would have to agree with feedback. Bale is fucking awesome in everything. EVERYTHING.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 11:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
Bdw3 wrote:
/Suggests Sci-Fi channel's newer 6 movie Dune mini series.

sry, no. they're utter crap.

indeed
also, you havent seen the film Dune unless youve seen it on DVD uncut. takes about 4 hrs but it's loads different than the one shown on TV.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-12-2005 11:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
MKJ wrote:
Pauly wrote:
Batman Begins

9 out of 10. Absolutely awesome. Best comic book movie to date.

did you not see sin city? :D

but seriously, i doubt batman begins is any better than the Burton's Batman. i mean, christian bale is quite a dork and that ben affleck-y "does it come in black?" is really fucking homosexual

Don't you fucking say a thing about christian bale like that, or I'll kill you.

the only batman is Keaton, i tells you!

and adam west for comedyvalue

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 12:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
I would have to agree with feedback. Bale is fucking awesome in everything. EVERYTHING.

American Psycho made me fall in love with him. :icon14:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 12:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
feedback wrote:
MKJ wrote:
Pauly wrote:
Batman Begins

but seriously, i doubt batman begins is any better than the Burton's Batman. i mean, christian bale is quite a dork and that ben affleck-y "does it come in black?" is really fucking homosexual

Keaton :lol:

sorry, Mr. Mom was a better actor, but he didn't look the part.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 12:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Machinist was boring crap.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 12:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
The Machinist was boring crap.

i'd venture to say that that is not a good review.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 12:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
MKJ wrote:
feedback wrote:
MKJ wrote:
Pauly wrote:
Batman Begins

Keaton :lol:

sorry, Mr. Mom was a better actor, but he didn't look the part.

he strikes me more as the serious rich business man than Kilmer, Clooney or Bale.
kilmer was a fucking joke. well actually Schumacher fucking ruined everything by equipping Gotham City with neon lights and fluorecent makeup :icon33:

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 06-16-2005 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thought I'd drag this back up.

"How To Get Ahead in Advertising" - Anybody else seen this? Richard E. Grant plays a guy working in the advertising business who goes a bit mad and grows a boil after having trouble coming up with a campaign to advertise pimple cream. Sounds strange and it is, but it's pretty good.

7.5/10

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-16-2005 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh, I saw Batman Begins today. Christian Bale is fucking well hard and I give his rippling muscles a 10/10
the movie is brilliant too

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-16-2005 10:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It sure is feedback. The movie is indeed brilliant.

In fact I am gonna go see it again. KAPOW!

PostPosted: 06-16-2005 10:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BAM lets smoke the time-reversal pipe so we can watch it again.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-16-2005 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Although I must say that the costume still doesn't look right. He always looks as flexible as a stick.

PostPosted: 06-16-2005 10:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought his sam fisher ninja type outfit was fucking slick, but batman has never really looked that cool in his fursuit anyway

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-16-2005 10:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes the problem with the suit is that it's supposed to inflict fear, as in "oh my a GIANT BAT ARGH"

but if I saw it I would be "Look at that twat dressed in a rubber bat suit. Get him!"

He should stick with the Sam Fisher outfit. Much more menacing.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-17-2005 12:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just saw Mr & Mrs Smith. The first movie where I've thought "actually, Angelina Jolie really is quite hot". The whole 'men are from mars (one agency), women are from venus (the other agency)' symbolism was heavyhanded but it had its moments. I give it a 6/10.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-17-2005 01:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah Angelina jolie doesn't do much for me. She was hot in Tomb Raider but that's about it.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-17-2005 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its takes me a week or so to spec a movie :paranoid:

so now its- Nevada Smith

its a western with Steve McQueen.

so far so good :shrug:

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sideways
Excellent film. Really good characterisation and good script. 8 out of 10

The Aviator
Average at best. Good performances, well directed but the subject matter was pretty dull. Out of all the people in history you could make a film about, Howard Hughes seems a pretty shit choice.
6 out of 10

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haha im still specin it :P

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 11:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I shall be watching house of flying daggers tonight, i shall review it later

PostPosted: 06-26-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's predictable, everbody dies in the end

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BATMAN!

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SIN CITY - 9/10

the film is allready a classic, even before it's release

APPLESEED - 7/10

most awesome animation i've seen. it even beats ghost in the shell: innocence. the whole movie is cell shaded and totally awesome!!!
the bad thing is: the story is narrated mediocre and the characters are soooooooooooo far away from their manga sources, becoming only clichee dolls.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 12:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

King Arthur 7.5/10

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
King Arthur 7.5/10

why don't you just rate your crap on a scale of 1 to 20.

God
God
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 02:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol @ king arthur and the samurai knight of the round table.

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr & Mrs Smith: C+

the film kept using devices like the counselling sessions that were obviously thought by the writer/director to be a lot cuter than they really are. It didn't make sense that Jolie's outfit was all women -- what was the point? Pitt and Jolie didn't actually gain real chemistry until the second half of the movie. There were no stand-out gunfights or car chases or anything really. I often found myself wondering what the characters were talking about. Vince Vaughn was boring -- again. And the "revelation" that thin guy from the O.C. lays out to them about their agencies' real motivation was sorely uncreative.

If it hadn't been jolie and pitt in the leads, and they hadn't actually sparked a bit in the second half, i would have given it a D.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I only just got round to Episode III. The cutting's fucking awful, and there's no need for lizard, but it's a lot better than expected. 7/10

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-26-2005 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did you find yourself irritated by Lucas's use of every transition known to man except the star-wipe? I think around the 16th radial wipe / 400th checkerboard wipe i found myself clenching my fists every time the scene changed.

The scary thing is, i rewatched the original trilogy on dvd a few weeks ago and he did it there too, i just never really noticed before.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sliver wrote:

The scary thing is, i rewatched the original trilogy on dvd a few weeks ago and he did it there too, i just never really noticed before.

thats the point
gives it that starwarsy feeling

thats about the only consistency between the two trilogies though

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cinderella Man - 7/10

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.