Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Locked HDD

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Locked HDD

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i know this has been done OVER and OVER etc...

but i got a WD 8gig Hdd sitting here that is Locked, And i would like to use it for my *nix box but i cant seem to unlock it ( i dont have the Key :S )

is there Anyway To brute through it, it dosent matter if all of the data is toast ( its the Xbox HDD ) i just want to format the damned thing.

( btw, at all costs, i would not like to put it back in my box... )

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 04:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/pc-hdd.php for a tutorial and http://www.xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.p ... =harddrive for some apps

didn't really read through all the stuff, but the xbox-sence site is a great one

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea, i went through those guides and etc.. but you need to know the Key to be able to unlock it... and this is information that i dont have..

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't you just LLF the sucker in a PC?

(Soz if this doesn't make sense, I'm not that into Xboxes).

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no, when a ATA hdd is locked, you need the key to be able to do anything more than just detect the drive.. i cant see the partitioning and etc...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i unlocked it, i took apart the Xbox again and unlocked it.. thanks guys :)

btw, it turns out that there is no current hacks at all to get past it

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.