Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-11-2005 06:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot wrote:
Fjoggs, that is amazing! Love the floor and the angle of the wall behind!

btw, ALOT of screens, but I dont have time to paste 'em here right now, check:
http://forum.sweclockers.com/showthread ... did=468936

That looks fantastic dude, nice job. Can really see how it came from CS 1.6 to CS:S, and it looks great for it. Really good grab of detail :icon14:

EDIT: Wow, just noticed the old CS 1.6 sky box and maps... God damn, back then we used to think they prolly looked great, heh... The cars were boxes lol!! Fantastic!

I love engine updates! :p

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 01:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice cole visual style you have there. May I make a suggestion?

Fog.

Not oodles of it, not at all. But just a tiny amount of fog, just enough to show up a tad in that screen. It will give a really nice effect.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 01:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 01:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing as Quake 2 can't do curves, I think that pipe looks okish :p

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 06-13-2005 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey o'dium, do you know anything about q2 modeling? Not the actual modeling, but pretty much the rest of it? I am pretty sure you do. You must be very well versed in anything q2.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 01:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
Hey o'dium, do you know anything about q2 modeling? Not the actual modeling, but pretty much the rest of it? I am pretty sure you do. You must be very well versed in anything q2.

Quake 2 modeling? Its pretty much the same as any other type of modeling, what is it you need to know?

ATM i'm working with md3, which is Quake 3's format, instead of MD2. MD2 has a really poor compression, so that anything complex and moving will wobble like jelly, not very good at all. We use MD3 because the compression is better. Soon, we will be using md5 and md5anim, doom 3 like animation and model files. Then onto physics etc.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 02:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah q2e never really worked for me. There were always some.. issues with it and I couldn't get the fixes because none of the links on the sight worked.

What editor do you use for q2?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 07:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GTK.

Q2E had a few issues but those were mostly becaue of ATI. Having fixed those issues and a few more, we released an update, but guess what happened? The forum the update was on went bust thanks to gamespy, and so we lost the update.

The new version of Q2E is out next week, which is the last in-house version. The next releases will have things added by everybody to progress the mod as fast as possible (But still, we only add what WE feel is needed for Q2E, you jsut get more mess around time and a chance to help us).

After that, we are working on our full game OverDose full time.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice o'dium, keep up the good polish work of q2 !! :icon31:
I'm still on the road with my cpma duel, soon beta...

Image Image

sumatra

P.S. neotic, for which game is this? looks good, nice style.
just a suggestion: to get rid of those hardedged shadows (on the towers in the back) use phongshading, dunno if you already used it... :)

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey odium, that is really cool! Q2E seems like a nice change for a game as old as Q2. Its a 'make the game look better' conversion right? (no time to read at the page sorry.)

Anyway, my map is DONE! The download might not be avalible for a while since it supposed to enter this CSS map contest now, there is a chance for $300, which if I win, will be the first money I ever win anytime ;) What speaks for the map is that it looks good, and that the old version had some good gameplay, what speaks against, is that I never did any Sourcework before, not even a test map, that I did this in 15days, no more no less, I won't have time to beta test the map even, cause I'll send the map away soon... (to bad)... I found about the contest like 5 days ago... The opponents Im sure are good and skilled in CS/CSS mapping, which I'm not, not at all.

There are a buch of pics here, the page is a placeholder...
http://www.zfight.com/vexii/

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium, I meant what modeler you use, sry. Also, is there some way I can contact you for advice? I am modeling with gmax and I will probably just need like, exporting help and things like that. Be sure to post in LEM when q2e is actually released also because I would definitely not want to miss it!

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 12:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
o'dium wrote:
After that, we are working on our full game OverDose full time.

Do you have a full team together or is it just you and beserk?

Me and Berserk are two of the members, yes, we are getting a full team together. We have only just really started production, and only have our ideas and shit loads of concept art :(

Lenard wrote:
o'dium, I meant what modeler you use, sry. Also, is there some way I can contact you for advice? I am modeling with gmax and I will probably just need like, exporting help and things like that. Be sure to post in LEM when q2e is actually released also because I would definitely not want to miss it!

I really am a poor modeler TBH :( All i'm doing is small models for visuals here and there that cant be done with map geometry. After this, all i ever worked on was a few models for Q2E and a few other things in my spare time, i really do suck TBH :P

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 03:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Like buster swords?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 06:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
Like buster swords?

Yeah, shitty things that look no good at all :(

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your textures are amazing though.

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-16-2005 09:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geocomp-inspired CTF map ... probably wont be any good to play on once more rooms & tunnels are added though, as FPS will plummet

I never properly realized before how complicated these things get in radiant:

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 06-17-2005 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, when they look like that...

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-21-2005 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[lvlshot]http://www.ilstu.edu/~wtbuser/i32.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/neotic/i34.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/neotic/i35.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/neotic/i36.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/neotic/i37.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/neotic/i38.jpg[/lvlshot]
[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/neotic/i310.jpg[/lvlshot]

lil something ive been cooking.

Last edited by neotic again on 06-21-2005 10:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-21-2005 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jailbreak/CTF map Im workin on for our next Q2 Themed map pack. Trying to keep it somewhat simple in brushwork, no patches or anything.

[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/scrotch/cr1.jpg[/lvlshot]

[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/scrotch/cr2.jpg[/lvlshot]

[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/scrotch/cr3.jpg[/lvlshot]

[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/scrotch/cr4.jpg[/lvlshot]

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-21-2005 10:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

neotic again - might just be my shit monitor, but some of those look a tad dark...from what I can see looks pretty good though.

and ScrotcH' - If that's some simple brushwork you have going on there, I would love to see something you would consider not simple. :p

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 12:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*removes the eQ2 mark from the "hasn't been done" list*

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 03:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sliver, neotic again and scrotch: that's fucking nice! great lighting job neotic..

sliver are you interested in warsow mapping? it's using the same tools and shader techniques as q3. your map would fit the overall warsow theme very good. if you are interested, just send me a mail or catch me in #warsow@quakenet.

cheers :)

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALL SEX

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ neotic : what texture set is that you're using? It fits the theme well and kind of reminds me of the temple areas in D3 (not a bad thing)

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

acid/ger wrote:
that's fucking nice! great lighting job neotic..

Guess I need a new monitor more than I thought. :(

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kat wrote:
@ neotic : what texture set is that you're using? It fits the theme well and kind of reminds me of the temple areas in D3 (not a bad thing)

Random textures from http://www.davegh.com/blade/davegh.htm - he doesn't have them in pk3s or anything so I just grabbed what I liked and fits - also modified a lot of original ET textures - made them dark and what not.

Bork[e] - the pictures were brightened since you first posted - maybe if you do a hard refresh it will look better. But yes, ET and Q3 games in general make SS so damn dark compared to in game - so yeah. Heh.

Thanks for all the nice words guys.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You all know neotic is making a RtCW map, yeah?

Oh and dude, remove all your HUD, I think it was cg_draw2d 0 in RtCW?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-22-2005 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
You all know neotic is making a RtCW map, yeah?

Oh and dude, remove all your HUD, I think it was cg_draw2d 0 in RtCW?

Doesnt get rid of the crosshair still - dont know what does that.

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-23-2005 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if you're talking about vanilla quake 3, yes, setting cg_draw2d to 0 removes the crosshair. [i just checked myself]

if yours doesnt, for some reason, use cg_drawcrosshair 0

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-23-2005 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If your using ET then youll be glad to know they broke cg_draw2d with the last patch.

Add this to your "game_manager" script to correct:
Code:
remapshader gfx/2d/crosshaira textures/my_map/crosshaira
      remapshaderflush

point "textures/my_map/crosshaira" at a full alpha texture and shader. Also you need to use the default crosshair.
(dont forget to remove this from your script befor you release the map)

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 06-23-2005 03:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

opsy, forgot someone asked some questions ;p
thanks for all the nice comments btw.

Quote:
What are you no-clipping into in that pic?
Seems to end so abruptly.
Or is it a region compile?

Thats all there is atm, haven't done much on it. ;p

Quote:
fucking amazing dude, you gonna make a map out of that?

not sure, lost some interest in q3 mapping, so im doing some quake1 now.

Quote:
Fjoggs, is that patches? Lots of patches? Or something cool I don't even know about...

mm, havent used any patches in it yet, apart from a simple one for the vine part in the background.
im more of a brush-only guy, except for texturing, which patches usually solve the hard ones. ;]

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-23-2005 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

opening this thread never ceases to give me a boner :icon14:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 06-24-2005 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heheh agreed.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 06-24-2005 05:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been working on my own eQ2 map. Different style then Scrotch, a bit dark perhaps.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-24-2005 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fjoggs: suxxors, stfu.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.