The last movie you saw

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
MKJ wrote:
feedback wrote: Don't you fucking say a thing about christian bale like that, or I'll kill you.
the only batman is Keaton, i tells you!

and adam west for comedyvalue
Keaton :lol:

sorry, Mr. Mom was a better actor, but he didn't look the part.
he strikes me more as the serious rich business man than Kilmer, Clooney or Bale.
kilmer was a fucking joke. well actually Schumacher fucking ruined everything by equipping Gotham City with neon lights and fluorecent makeup :icon33:
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Emka+Jee][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Emka+Jee.jpg[/img][/url]
mik0rs

Post by mik0rs »

Thought I'd drag this back up.

"How To Get Ahead in Advertising" - Anybody else seen this? Richard E. Grant plays a guy working in the advertising business who goes a bit mad and grows a boil after having trouble coming up with a campaign to advertise pimple cream. Sounds strange and it is, but it's pretty good.

7.5/10
[img]http://www.zen85869.zen.co.uk/img/mik0rsSig.jpg[/img]
feedback

Post by feedback »

oh, I saw Batman Begins today. Christian Bale is fucking well hard and I give his rippling muscles a 10/10
the movie is brilliant too
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

It sure is feedback. The movie is indeed brilliant.

In fact I am gonna go see it again. KAPOW!
feedback

Post by feedback »

BAM lets smoke the time-reversal pipe so we can watch it again.
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Although I must say that the costume still doesn't look right. He always looks as flexible as a stick.
feedback

Post by feedback »

I thought his sam fisher ninja type outfit was fucking slick, but batman has never really looked that cool in his fursuit anyway
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Yes the problem with the suit is that it's supposed to inflict fear, as in "oh my a GIANT BAT ARGH"

but if I saw it I would be "Look at that twat dressed in a rubber bat suit. Get him!"

He should stick with the Sam Fisher outfit. Much more menacing.
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

Just saw Mr & Mrs Smith. The first movie where I've thought "actually, Angelina Jolie really is quite hot". The whole 'men are from mars (one agency), women are from venus (the other agency)' symbolism was heavyhanded but it had its moments. I give it a 6/10.
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Yeah Angelina jolie doesn't do much for me. She was hot in Tomb Raider but that's about it.
plained

Post by plained »

its takes me a week or so to spec a movie :paranoid:

so now its- Nevada Smith

its a western with Steve McQueen.

so far so good :shrug:
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Sideways
Excellent film. Really good characterisation and good script. 8 out of 10

The Aviator
Average at best. Good performances, well directed but the subject matter was pretty dull. Out of all the people in history you could make a film about, Howard Hughes seems a pretty shit choice.
6 out of 10
plained

Post by plained »

haha im still specin it :P
it is about time!
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

I shall be watching house of flying daggers tonight, i shall review it later
Where were you when the West was defeated?
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/doncarlos83][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/doncarlos83.gif[/img][/url]
feedback

Post by feedback »

it's predictable, everbody dies in the end
AmIdYfReAk

Post by AmIdYfReAk »

BATMAN!
Pext

Post by Pext »

SIN CITY - 9/10

the film is allready a classic, even before it's release

APPLESEED - 7/10

most awesome animation i've seen. it even beats ghost in the shell: innocence. the whole movie is cell shaded and totally awesome!!!
the bad thing is: the story is narrated mediocre and the characters are soooooooooooo far away from their manga sources, becoming only clichee dolls.
Duhard

Post by Duhard »

King Arthur 7.5/10
+JuggerNaut+

Post by +JuggerNaut+ »

Duhard wrote:King Arthur 7.5/10
why don't you just rate your crap on a scale of 1 to 20.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

lol @ king arthur and the samurai knight of the round table.
sliver

Post by sliver »

Mr & Mrs Smith: C+

the film kept using devices like the counselling sessions that were obviously thought by the writer/director to be a lot cuter than they really are. It didn't make sense that Jolie's outfit was all women -- what was the point? Pitt and Jolie didn't actually gain real chemistry until the second half of the movie. There were no stand-out gunfights or car chases or anything really. I often found myself wondering what the characters were talking about. Vince Vaughn was boring -- again. And the "revelation" that thin guy from the O.C. lays out to them about their agencies' real motivation was sorely uncreative.

If it hadn't been jolie and pitt in the leads, and they hadn't actually sparked a bit in the second half, i would have given it a D.
Geebs

Post by Geebs »

I only just got round to Episode III. The cutting's fucking awful, and there's no need for lizard, but it's a lot better than expected. 7/10
sliver

Post by sliver »

did you find yourself irritated by Lucas's use of every transition known to man except the star-wipe? I think around the 16th radial wipe / 400th checkerboard wipe i found myself clenching my fists every time the scene changed.

The scary thing is, i rewatched the original trilogy on dvd a few weeks ago and he did it there too, i just never really noticed before.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

sliver wrote:
The scary thing is, i rewatched the original trilogy on dvd a few weeks ago and he did it there too, i just never really noticed before.
thats the point
gives it that starwarsy feeling

thats about the only consistency between the two trilogies though
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Emka+Jee][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Emka+Jee.jpg[/img][/url]
+JuggerNaut+

Post by +JuggerNaut+ »

Cinderella Man - 7/10