Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        anyone seen the new KING KONG movie preview ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: anyone seen the new KING KONG movie preview ?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they were supposed to show it on extra...

anyone grabbed it, got a link ?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

btw, the movie looks absolutely horrible

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

glossy wrote:

I dont think it looks too bad. But Jack Black? Not a role for him.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

glossy wrote:

what do you expect it's by that fat retarded fuck peter jackson.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dnoyc wrote:
glossy wrote:

LOL.

Hey lets all knock Jackson because he made a very succesful trilogy. People. So predictable.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 10:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how about cuz he fucked up the one chance we're going to get in a long time at that trilogy?

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dnoyc wrote:
how about cuz he fucked up the one chance we're going to get in a long time at that trilogy?

See? Now I know you're full of shit. But hey if you think you can do better numbnuts, you go ahead and raise $300 million and give it a shot.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 10:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The trouble with King kong is that we the audience are just so utterly underwhelmed nowadays with big special effects, especially Monster movies. Jurassic Park broke the mould with CGI but instantly gave us unbeatable monsters.

Also when Kong was released in the 30's people were genuinely shocked at seeing such a thing. A huge ape brought to life on the big screen but now no matter how good the effects are we just take it in our stride. Besides, Kong isn't even that big.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 10:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
dnoyc wrote:

See? Now I know you're full of shit. But hey if you think you can do better numbnuts, you go ahead and raise $300 million and give it a shot.

a competent director could have done better. could have started by actually reading the fucking books.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
The trouble with King kong is that we the audience are just so utterly underwhelmed nowadays with big special effects, especially Monster movies. Jurassic Park broke the mould with CGI but instantly gave us unbeatable monsters.

Also when Kong was released in the 30's people were genuinely shocked at seeing such a thing. A huge ape brought to life on the big screen but now no matter how good the effects are we just take it in our stride. Besides, Kong isn't even that big.

that i agree with.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 06-27-2005 10:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol @ blatant fanboism

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, it has Naomi Watts in Bondage, that's all I care for.

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 12:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dnoyc wrote:

You're a huge idiot.

dnoyc wrote:
Pauly wrote:

a competent director could have done better. could have started by actually reading the fucking books.

If you think anyone could have adapted the books into films without making changes, you're a more-than-huge idiot. Jackson is a devoted fan, and surrounded himself with other devoted fans to very capably make a very competent adaptation of the Lord of the Rings.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 12:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dnoyc wrote:

I think he's read the books a couple of... well... thousands times more than you did :lol:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 12:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It has Adrien Brody in it, I thought he was pretty good in The Jacket, but personally I think he was at his best when he was playing a retard.

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 12:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah, about King Kong: i love the original, and this looks like it could [could!] be a worthy update. I think Jack Black can turn in a decent straight role (i saw him on the X-files and somewhere else, i forget, before he was all comedy, and i think he can pull off his role). Peter Jackson is certainly a competent director, and it looks like at the very worst this will be a mindless yet entertaining remake.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 12:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only real problems I can see is that Kong just seems like a large ape as opposed to being a mountain like monster. We've seen a large ape before in Mighty Joe Young and we've seen Dinosaurs before, several times in fact. The King Kong story we have seen twice before already so on paper this has nothing new to offer.

Like Sliver says though, at the very worst this will be entertaining.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 12:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

diego wrote:

I would fuck Watts til it fell off.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 01:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dnoyc wrote:

it's true that Jackson took a few liberties with LOTR - some of them pretty nonsensical, like where Frodo waves the ring in the face of the Nazgul in Osgiliath, and the elves at Helms Deep - these are really just blemishes on what is otherwise a pretty fucking awesome piece of work. Yeah, there are a few things I wish he'd done differently, but when you consider the scope for making a dog's fucking breakfast out of an LOTR, he did pretty good. I mean, can you imagine if David Lynch had been an LOTR fan, and made the trilogy? Ever seen Dune? Great movie, but a travesty of the book. Or even worse, some middle-of-the-road mediocre type like Chris Columbus who did the Harry Potter movies. I think we the fans came out well ahead with Peter Jackson.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 01:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
diego wrote:

I would fuck Watts til it fell off.

she's not bad. I'd never heard of her until now.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She's hot, she beats Fay Wray (1933) but back in the day, Jessica Lange (1976) was way hotter IMO.
Edit:
pfft, okay, look like her now?

Last edited by Brian Slade on 06-28-2005 03:15 AM, edited 1 time in total.

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Might be true if the depicted girl actually were Jessica Lange.

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is the real Jessica Lange, for those of you who are interested in seeing the real deal:

i'm gorgeous!
i'm gorgeous!
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol! beat me to it! :D

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck no.

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And the fuck no was to that pic Brian Slade posted.

And for the record, Fay Wray looks like a munter too.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cause Fay Wray is a Munter, a Dead one. :p

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

diego wrote:
lol! beat me to it! :D

:p

*wank*
*wank*
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 04:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can spot Naomi Watt's cute face from miles away. I wub her.

God
God
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
dnoyc wrote:
glossy wrote:

LOL.

Hey lets all knock Jackson because he made a very succesful trilogy. People. So predictable.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 07:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks good i think :D

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 07:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*gets flash backs of godzilla*

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 07:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
*gets flash backs of godzilla*

Godzilla looked shit and was...

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sliver wrote:
dnoyc wrote:

You're a huge idiot.

dnoyc wrote:
Pauly wrote:

If you think anyone could have adapted the books into films without making changes, you're a more-than-huge idiot. Jackson is a devoted fan, and surrounded himself with other devoted fans to very capably make a very competent adaptation of the Lord of the Rings.

i never said they could be adapted without being changed you dumb fuck. however, they could have been adapted well. the second movie had nothing at all to do with the book. the first was good, and about 1/3 of the third movie was good, but the second was absolute shit.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.