Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 07:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

watched The Mexican and How the west was won(1962, 162mins long!)last night on cbc.

both excellent movies.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Royal Tenenbaums

Absolutely brilliant. So much in there worth re-watching for.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 11:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo, i really must see that >:E

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am about to watch these for the first time:

The Butterfly Effect
Man of Fire
Million Dollar Baby

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i finnished

along came polly

ben stiller and jenifer aniston

id say if it wasnt for the comedic ben stiller parts, it would so suck.

jenifers acting is fine and alls well there.

its just not a zoolander yo.

2.75 of 5 ty

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm watching scream on channel 4 (uk'ers)
seen it before. would rate it about an 8/10.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 03:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Batman ~ The Begining

8/10

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 03:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
I am about to watch these for the first time:

The Butterfly Effect
Man of Fire
Million Dollar Baby

The first two are excellent, I was impressed with Ashton Kutcher's directorial debut and by the lack of predictability in that movie. Man on Fire is rather gritty, Denzel does a great job of portraying a very flawed, tormented man.
I have Million Dollar Baby at the house, haven't watched it yet.

PostPosted: 07-18-2005 03:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
I was impressed with Ashton Kutcher's directorial debut.

too bad he didnt direct it :lol:

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 03:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw War of the Worlds. Pretty good, nice effects especially in the audio. Without spoiling it, the ending boh sucked and was cool. The suck ass part was with the family and the cool part was with the aliens.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 04:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Testoclesius wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
I was impressed with Ashton Kutcher's directorial debut.

too bad he didnt direct it :lol:

Oops. I love your little obsession with me. I'm glad I can give your life purpose.

Yeah, I made a mistake. You can whack off over this for the mext month.

PostPosted: 07-18-2005 04:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there there mate dont be upset not everyone can be as knowledgeable as me :lol:

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw Constantine yesterday. It was ok I guess, but I would rather have seen someone other than Keanu Reeves in the title role. 6/10

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK Just watched The Butterfly Effect and I thought it was excellent.

8 out of 10

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Constantine
9/10
only knocked it one mark cos i got a bit confused at one point. other then that good top movie

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 11:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just watched the complete DVD of The Long Way Round It's a documentary starring Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman and it's their journey from London to New York and it shows them going through some really remote countries and it's absolutely fantastic. I originally saw it when it was shown on Sky One but it was nice to watch it straight through.

Mcgregor comes across as such a nice guy and really funny. It's such a good show and if you can get to watch it, DO!!!

here's the link at IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403778/

9 out of 10

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Descent

Absolutely brilliant. I shit my pants on several occassions and then laughed excitedly at all the gory bits. Fucking ace.

9 out of 10

Knight of the Sad Countenance
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

<b> The Jacket</b>

Top knotch psycho/drama.
Sort of a quantum feel to it about accessing the future and creatiing realities. I highly recommend it to anyone who liked <b> the Machinist</b>

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
Man on Fire

the plot problem with man on fire was that to make his jihad against the kidnappers seem plausible, they had to drag out the 'getting to know you' routine with the kid so it takes up about 2/3 of the movie. add to the fact that denzel's character lives in an alcohol-stocked shell, and it's a bit of a grind before you get to the explosives up the arse

PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man that part is worth the rental alone. Explains how the bomb is made...then tells the guy..."There one in your ass right now"

:lol:

great flick... :icon14:

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Downfall.

Superb WW2 drama documenting the last few days of Hitlers reign from his bunker in Berlin. Really good to see this subject portraid from a factual point of view by the Germans (Bruno Ganz is amazing as the ever increasingly unstable Hitler). From the same director as Das Experiment, I believe, another cool film to check out.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Touching the Void 8.5/10

A true story about 2 British climbers who climbed Siula Grande. It's basically a reenactment and commentary but very effective and interesting what happens to them.

PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shiznit wrote:
Touching the Void 8.5/10

A true story about 2 British climbers who climbed Siula Grande. It's basically a reenactment and commentary but very effective and interesting what happens to them.

FUck Yah. That movie is 100% .

One of the best flicks I;'ve ever seen...
Goes in the top 100 of all time for me.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ Word on that. The books great too.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Team America - 7/10 "Matt Damon" :icon19:

Insomnia - 9/10 - awesome. even though it's a bit sad to see williams get crushed by pacino's acting.

PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Garden State.

8/10.

Good flick for first time writer/director.
Queen Amidala is awsome in it. The tention with the best friend is well done. Its hard to tell wheather he's still cool or has he always been a prick.
ending was cheese.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

( Natalie Portman )

PostPosted: 07-26-2005 01:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

War of the Worlds - 9/10

I didn't expect much, but was actually surprised by how good it was.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 05:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Million Dollar Baby

Awesome. Very moving. Of course I didn't cry, I am too manly.

8 out of 10

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 05:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

men dont cry. men weep. weeping is more sensitive than crying. crying is being a little bitch

so you wept then

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

finnaly saw "thief" with James Caan, loved the ending.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crash - 9/10

Watching Oldboy next, heard it was good.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
Insomnia - 9/10 - awesome. even though it's a bit sad to see williams get crushed by pacino's acting.

I thought Williams was great in that movie; he just wasn't on screen as much.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he is great. pacino is just superb.

the one scene on the boat, you can easily see that williams is not as good as pacino. i'd have loved to see a bit more power in this scene from williams side. he's just a bit to whiney. a few blinks of intellectual power would have been awesome.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

7zark7 wrote:
<b> The Jacket</b>

Top knotch psycho/drama.
Sort of a quantum feel to it about accessing the future and creatiing realities. I highly recommend it to anyone who liked <b> the Machinist</b>

i watched it last night. smoked a big fatty, turned off all the lights, cranked the surround.

you could tell it was gonna be good after the first ten minutes.

:icon14: :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.