Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hannibal wrote:
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World: 8.5/10 Would've been tip top with a few more ship battle sequences.

yes, but totally out of the spirit of patrick o'brian's book (they already mangled the plot considerably)

lesser of two weevils :lol:

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World: 8.5/10 Would've been tip top with a few more ship battle sequences.

yes, but totally out of the spirit of patrick o'brian's book (they already mangled the plot considerably)

lesser of two weevils :lol:

Didn't read Paddy O' Paddy's book so that doesn't matter to me...as long as the movie can stand on it's own merits, I'm good.

the weevils thing had me on the floor, probably cuz I never saw it coming. There were several other one-liners/moments in that flick that were comedy gold.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last movie: Bloodsuckers (Scifi channel) - 7.75/10 - quite entertaining
Last movie @ theater: The Island - 7/10 - also entertaining
Predicted next movie: The Devils Rejects - I expect a solid 7/10 on the entertainment potential scale

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you're sure bloodsuckers was a 7.75 out of ten, not a 7.74 or maybe a 7.753?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd have given it an 8 except for the part with the asian chick undulating 'now that was a rush' after stungunning intergalactic vampire spores.

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mmm.. asian chicks

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 05:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fight Club. 8/10

Just bought it after not having seen it since it for years. Great flick.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
mmm.. asian chicks

:icon14:

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 10:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ginger Snaps Trilogy on Sci-Fi channel. Excellent low budget werewolf fun.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 10:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lemony Snicketts; A Series of Unofrtunate Events

8/10
Fantastic film. Carrey is amazing :D

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amelie - 8/10

A Very Long Engadgement - 8/10 (9/10 if i knew French)

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

layer cake - 7/10

smart, stylish, clever with a little bit of black comedy thrown in for good measure.

utterly shite, derivative ending

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, independence day was on bbc1 last friday night. what a crock, filled with cliches from the cute black kid to the presidential fighter pilot to the fretting jewish dad. terrible script, and a tribute to the abilities of will smith and jeff goldblum that they were able to carry this turkey of a movie

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With Independence Day, if you do ever get a chance watch the extended DVD version. There are a lot of extra scenes that really make it a better film and add a lot more to the rediculously flimly characters that you see in the theatrical version.

It's still no oscar winner but it changes a stupid film to one that is actually rather good.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
lol, independence day was on bbc1 last friday night. what a crock, filled with cliches from the cute black kid to the presidential fighter pilot to the fretting jewish dad. terrible script, and a tribute to the abilities of will smith and jeff goldblum that they were able to carry this turkey of a movie

you watched it on broadcast television :lol:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
seremtan wrote:

yes :lol: what a chump i feel not spending money to see a pisspoor movie :lol:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
seremtan wrote:

BBC has no adverts every 15 minutes, infact, BBC has no adverts at all so it's nothing bad.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no 5.1, and pan and scan :lol:

that's bad enough :lol:

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BBC is hardcore. Best channel ever in the world, of all time.

NO ADVERTS. NO FUCKING ADVERTS.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:

which is great, but it's still pan and scan.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
Pauly wrote:

No. It's widescreen

The Monochrome
The Monochrome
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:

Word.
Also their news coverage is unbiased, and a part of their site has gone semi-open source. They really have got broadcasting right.

Film;
Lilya 4-Ever - 9/10
One of the most powerful films that I've ever seen. Intensely moving and very well acted too. Worth a watch :icon14:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
Pauly wrote:

No. It's widescreen

i've asked that before and peeps said it wasn't. GG then for broadcast.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't even have a 5.1 system so it's useles to me anyway :p.

But it is widescreen, and digital too.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
I don't even have a 5.1 system so it's useles to me anyway :p.

*jumps off a cliff*

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My current setup (in my room, anyway) is only outputting as mono I think, I have 4 speakers linked up to my stereo but I'm pretty sure one of the cables is only mono :p.

Oh and watched Sin City last night, 8/10, great video quality for the mostly black/white stuff :o

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man On Fire - avarage action flick with a thin story line. But there were some redeeming things such as Samuel L. Jackson playing an alcoholic and a pretty damn original scene about an ass-bomb.

6/10

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ilumos wrote:
Pauly wrote:

Word.
Also their news coverage is unbiased, and a part of their site has gone semi-open source. They really have got broadcasting right.

Film;
Lilya 4-Ever - 9/10
One of the most powerful films that I've ever seen. Intensely moving and very well acted too. Worth a watch :icon14:

I have it. Started to see it, and I had to leave, but I never got around to see the whole movie (only 10 or 15 minutes in the start), but I don't think I want to see it actually. Just make me feel bad. Like Requiem for a Dream. Fantastic movie, but I rather not see it again.

the watching eye
the watching eye
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fantastic Four: 4, generic action super hero movie with no depth whatsoever. Lousy SFX too.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith: 7.5, entertaining and pretty funny at times.
Hearts in Atlantis: 8, good story, good acting, and I already read the book (and the dark tower series which it ties in nicely with)
Snatch: 9, great movie, as you will all agree.
Finding Neverland: 7, good story, but a bit too slow for my taste.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh i forgot i watched something called 'Azumi' this weekend.
It was one of those crazy Japanese ninja movies, but this one actually had a decent storyline, good humour and lots of impressive (and innovating!) camera shots. Was after a comic as i understood it.

8/10

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 06:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pauly wrote:
With Independence Day, if you do ever get a chance watch the extended DVD version. There are a lot of extra scenes that really make it a better film and add a lot more to the rediculously flimly characters that you see in the theatrical version.

It's still no oscar winner but it changes a stupid film to one that is actually rather good.

You know, i actually loaded up the SE DVD while ID4 was on and watched that, simply because my digi box was having a shit (Fuzzy pic). Yeah, it really does make the difference. There is so much new shit.

Dont reckon much of the original ending with the bi-plane, glad that was cut.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Children of Dune (TV miniseries) - 7/10

Ok, I guess, they followed the books pretty closely, and the acting was bearable, but some of the cg effects were horrible. But I guess it was pretty low budget, so I'm not really complaining.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

netrex wrote:
Just make me feel bad. Like Requiem for a Dream. Fantastic movie, but I rather not see it again.

you got that out of watching only 10-15 minutes of it? :dork:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-04-2005 11:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

great fun :icon19:
sam rockwell does an awesome job :icon14:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-04-2005 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

March of the Penguins

Great film, a treat for nature buffs :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.