Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        DVD burning

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: DVD burning

Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ive got an MPEG2 file here which will easily fit onto a DVD.
I want to burn it as a dvd video but dont want to convert it because it already has been converted!

Nero wont burn the file straight as it is, it will only convert the file to another bitrate which I dont want.

What I need is a peice of software that will burn the file as it is now as a dvd video.

Any ideas?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beleve it or not, but just because its mpeg2 dosent mean that it fits the DVD standard..

check out winDVD creator.. it will convert anything to basically Anythign.... and one of them is VOB's then you just burn it on to dvd Via nero.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just transcoded a captured svcd/mpg2 file into vobs with nero ve3 but that results in double filesize.

I don't know what mpeg2 format you have exactly, but why don't you just burn it as a data/ISO-DVD? worked fine for me and my standalone player had no problems with it.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you tried DVD Decrypter?

Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 01:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AmIdYfReAk wrote:
beleve it or not, but just because its mpeg2 dosent mean that it fits the DVD standard..

check out winDVD creator.. it will convert anything to basically Anythign.... and one of them is VOB's then you just burn it on to dvd Via nero.

I used tgmpenc to convert it to the pal 16:9 standard :icon26:

Ill try it, thanks Amidy :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.