Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        ping?????????$@$#$#

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: ping?????????$@$#$#

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok heres the short of it i ping 120 till i jion a game then i lose connect i just got a wireless connect im connected @ 10mbps. i got a better ping on dial up. any help would be great.

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ping has nothing to do with bandwidth, it's called latency for a reason. Don't have a lot of experience here, but wireless technology used to have a pretty noticable latency, which might be the problem.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

then if it is latency then it sounds like theres not much i can do about it :( i got this set up just so i could play quake with a better ping $@^!$#@^!# everyone knows they hate it when a hight pinger/dialup user shows up in the game. this could really suck

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 02:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it just the server you're connecting to or all servers?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its all the servers

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 04:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As Deji said, it could be your wireless. It might also be your connection to your ISP. Try plugging directly into the router and see if the issue persists.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

router? the ant.hook to a waverider eum3004 that connects to my nic card i can almost see the tower from the window the ant. is attached to maybe an external ant would help

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.