Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Nul poly shading

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Nul poly shading

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,

Whenever I download and install point release 1.32 then try and play quake all I see when i'm gaming are large black squares which come come out of the explosions. These squares take up the entire screen and I can't see what I'm doing. Text in the top corner reads "Nul poly shading".

It's annoying the crap out of me cos whenever I go online to play I just get my ass whooped all over the place as there's squares everywhere.

I've tried changing the paremeters in the graphics setup and using point release versions from different websites but I still get the same result. Can anyone help?

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fux0red q3config.cfg?

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You seem to know what your talking about, but to be sure...

If it is a borked .cfg just delete the one you have in your baseq3 folder. Reload quake and that will give you the default q3config.cfg.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turns out it wasn't the config file after all. I had to delete all my bot skins from the base3q folder and that seemed to sort it out. One dodgy bot messed the whole thing up. Anyway, thanks for help guys I appreciate it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.