Quake3World.com Forums
     The Void
        Nologic

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Nologic

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 03:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quit whining at people in private messages. If you've got a problem with the way this place is run then either take it up with the admins (Raw or Doomer) or post your issues here out in the open.

Oh and heres a mirror for the scripts you took down in the midst of your tantrum:
http://www.gibwars.org/files/Nologic_Q4_v0.31_Beta.rar

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iow he went home but couldn't take his ball with him.

also his scripts are copyrighted? yeah right :olo:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmm matter fact they are.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

Quote:
Copyright protection subsists from the time the work is created in fixed form. The copyright in the work of authorship immediately becomes the property of the author who created the work.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 07:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so sue him :olo:

PostPosted: 11-25-2005 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep an eye on this. It could go Dukeward.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 08:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I was to sue him it would be in Bellevue District of King County, Washington since this is where I live...home of Microsoft....not really a good place for disputing whether or not one has broken copyright law.

Silly as it may seem...my argument is valid.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's only right that i register my status as non-caring observer of the epic legal struggle taking place in this thread :icon14:

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 09:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I win. End of arguement.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 09:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jeezus guy, it's just a fucking q4 script. It's not like it's actual programming or anything.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:
If I was to sue him it would be in Bellevue District of King County, Washington since this is where I live...home of Microsoft....not really a good place for disputing whether or not one has broken copyright law.

Silly as it may seem...my argument is valid.

I'm in Vancouver, Canada so please feel free to sue me :olo:

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 02:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oddly enough, scripts are just sequences of built-in commands, each calling copyrighted code that was engineered and previously copyrighted by other folks (raven and idsoftware). You just sequenced these code routines, and as such are using someone else's copyrighted material.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even odder is the fact that your gibberish while likely to rally the fool hardy…does nothing to discount my claim of copyright, to what I have created.

I do not argue whether or not Raven or id hold copyright to the base commands or variables, only that I hold copyright on my works based upon them…or are you going to argue that modification authors and map designers have no rights to their works as well?

Tormentius –

Canada...well that’s good to hear since more than likely you will have to show up in court. Since Canada does recognize most of the United States laws regarding copyright. So it should be a good 4 hour drive down I-5 for you, each day of the trial. :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking hell :olo:

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 04:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol yeah, but what's your actual point? You're not going to persue it right or wrong, so who cares?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 04:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As you can see Nologic script's are just a ripoff of some of my earlier works. Which I hold a copyright on. Any futher claims by Nologic that this is his own work will be dealt with, to teh full extent of the law. Nologic, if you continue to pass this work off as your own im afraid I will have to take you to court.

For those of you that want the genuine thing, without further ado, here is shaft's ultimate script package, uber gamma version.

http://home.comcast.net/~shaft01/shaft_ ... _gamma.rar

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have asked, I have warned…niceties are over.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:

LOL

you seriously are one of the biggest idiots to grace this board in a while. No mean feat. I salute you and thank you for the laughs you've provided.

oh and I think you need to look into copyright as it pertains to scripting within a commercial product. do you think someone can make a mod for quake 4 and charge money for it without id's consent?

HAHAHAHA you have lost

duke wannabe

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 05:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm warning you Nologic!

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 05:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ohshit. Niceties are over.

What a cunt :olo:

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 05:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:

Tormentius –

Canada...well that’s good to hear since more than likely you will have to show up in court. Since Canada does recognize most of the United States laws regarding copyright. So it should be a good 4 hour drive down I-5 for you, each day of the trial. :)

I'm not sure if you're aware but in major criminal cases there is still a lengthy extradition process (which oftentimes fails) in order to press charges across international lines. For a small civil case based on a script (using common methods and standards) that isn't even covered under copyright you'd just get laughed at. Then again, thats something you're probably pretty used to in life.

By all means step up and sue me :olo:

http://www.gibwars.org/f...logic_Q4_v0.31_Beta.rar

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 09:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:
Even odder is the fact that your gibberish while likely to rally the fool hardy…does nothing to discount my claim of copyright, to what I have created.

I do not argue whether or not Raven or id hold copyright to the base commands or variables, only that I hold copyright on my works based upon them…or are you going to argue that modification authors and map designers have no rights to their works as well?

Tormentius –

You're really going to run this through the ground, arent you? :D Basically, you are not going to sue a damn soul, and everyone here knows that. You are powerless and pathetic, and your claims of righteousness are going to fall on deaf ears because of your stupidity and ignorance.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 09:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[lvlshot]http://pages.prodigy.net/ramingus/Hooked.jpg[/lvlshot]

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well here it is, the reason Nologic (so apt a nick) doesn't have a leg to stand on.

from the q4 licensing agreement...

1. Grant of License. Subject to the terms and provisions of this Agreement and so long as you fully comply at all times with this Agreement, Id Software grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to use the Software only in executable or object code form. The term "Software" includes all elements of the Software, including, without limitation, data files and screen displays. You are not receiving any ownership or proprietary right, title, or interest in or to the Software or the copyrights, trademarks, or other rights related thereto.

so yeah I guess I just saved you that consultation fee with your lawyer.

have i mentioned you're a stupid sucky prick?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla you want to inform him or shall I?

I guess I will....I don't own the game first off...so said license was never seen...nor agreed to by me.

Secondly...that is strictly for the software its self...not any other creative works independant of it.

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 02:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you sir,
are a fuckwit.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 06:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:

I guess I will....I don't own the game first off...so said license was never seen...nor agreed to by me.

Secondly...that is strictly for the software its self...not any other creative works independant of it.

YEAH, YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT, RUN TO YOUR LAWYER'S OFFICE RIGHT NOW, BUT BRING A VIDEO CAMERA, OK?

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've called it from day 1. NoLife is an idiot. :))

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:

You dropped the ball though when you made it public by posting it here. I could understand if someone was trying to claim it as their own, but they aren't. I don't think you'd get very far with a frivolous claim like this one.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 04:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:

There's nothing creative about what you've done...

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:

:olo:, :tear:,. :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sooo, he's trying to claim that his organization skills with scrip commands is intellectual property?

:olo:

They are nice though. :icon14:

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA, what a serious, fully-paid-up, critical mass fucking loser.

PostPosted: 11-27-2005 06:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
Keep an eye on this. It could go Dukeward.

Nostradamus

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 09:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 -

I hardly dropped the ball in making that statement…as I alluded to riddla could have very well pointed out the same fact…or for that matter any number of people that have visited this forum and viewed the original postings of the scripts...as it was repeatedly stated…which lead to the reasoning for affixing “Beta” to the file name.

As for others claiming that my works are their own…*cough* shaft *cough*

Quote:
Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
• To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;
• To prepare derivative works based upon the work;
• To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;
• To perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
• To display the copyrighted work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work; and
• In the case of sound recordings, to perform the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission

The original dispute was over the distribution of my copyrighted works…that now seems to be changing.

Raven and id are unlikely to intercede on the behalf of the offending parties since it would send a clear message to the modification community that their works are open to pillaging. Not a precedence they want set…or notoriety to be stuck with, in the aftermath.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-27-2005 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Be advised that your work has been freely distributed...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | The Void

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.