Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 12:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lukin,
I especially like the first shot... made me wonder, now how did he pull off that... great attention to textures, brilliant use of "edges" and texturing them interestingly... very nice!

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 03:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks,
I hear this opinion about 1st shot second time. Stop or I'll be stressing while doing the rest of map ;)

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 03:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andromeda is ez style tbh :D

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 03:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Build a nice red base using it :D

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 04:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

egd T_T_M :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Orange is all over!

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now I really get stressed ;)
Seriously: Speedy's andromeda is huge, nice and "mapper-friendly" set, but would be perfect with some more red textures.
Light entitiest is a must then (that's how Quaker-X did it).

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep. very good job so far, I 'm just messing around with you :D

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 09:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was going to start a Doom3 screenshots thread...but I don't think it would get much traffic considering that even this one is barely staying alive..

Anyways..some singleplayer stuff I'm working on:

Hi-res: http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/pinky.jpg

Hi-res: http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/update2.jpg

Hi-res: http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/update3.jpg

http://www.infosprite.com/members/W01f/conveyor.jpg

(Theres going to be a conveyor belt coming out of that hole if I can get it to work :))

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice, nice, very nice :D I like orange in contrary to the black and white of doom 3.

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks nice, but except the color everything else is just like on every other D3 map. This game needs more varied textures :icon23:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lukin wrote:
Looks nice, but except the color everything else is just like on every other D3 map. This game needs more varied textures :icon23:

I agree..can't wait till someone puts out a good texture set for the community :D Though I doubt we'll see many considering how much more time consuming it is to make textures for this game compared to Q3.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone seriousley needs to remake the factory level in Golden Eye for n64 in Doom 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lookin' cooooool! What's it for? ET?

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

moved

Last edited by voodoochopstiks on 02-26-2005 04:13 AM, edited 3 times in total.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 08:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
Facility you mean?

Working on my little island... I still need to work on the terrain and shoreline a little...

[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/kaziganthe/island2.jpg[/lvlshot]

(there are soemthing like 20 different shaders in that shot alone... :o)

New-awesome-updated-overhead-shot ;)
You want my Easter Island heads on that..! ;)
http://www.quake3bits.com/htm/models/kt_moai.htm

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haaar there is some nice stuff going down here, good to see everyone but me is working so hard :)

Z

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/kaziganthe/island3.jpg[/lvlshot]

Looking snazzy. :p

(I changed the hue to match the rest of the browns)
Good, good, that's what they're there for. Edit the texs (which I know you can) to fit.

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
Working on my little island... I still need to work on the terrain and shoreline a little...

I hope you fit gameplay on this little island somehow ;)

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lukin: Where did you download the andromeda set? There's no link on speedys homesite. :|

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ze Sherlock Holmes haz zpoken!

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elementary, my dear Watson :)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frame's painted, all braze-ons and other accessories finished off:

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heh, I'm glad to see those connectors are a bit more substantial looking than in the previous shot..!

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Estimated compile time on that baby y?

PostPosted: 02-27-2005 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
voodoochopstiks wrote:
Yes sig makes me hot too. Extremely addictive sig! Only thing its missing is a transparent background so it blends seamlessly into q3w...

I still have the transparencies I made of this :)

Did you make that originally? I've seen that image on a few message boards.

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ydnar wrote:
Frame's painted, all braze-ons and other accessories finished off:

[image]

Looking good man. You should consider getting the next one powder coated (yeah, been watching too much of those custom chopper shows on TLC)

I just got into biking last season. Can't wait until the weather warms up so I can start my daily rides again. Looking into a job now that will give me a little extra capital, so I'm considering building one from the frame up too.

Anyways, keep up the screenies :)

edit: Holy shit, that SpeedHub is pure titties (from your blog) :icon14:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 08:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, yes it is.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 06:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ydnar, if you post ot screenies at least care enough to explain them. a photo of a wheel isnt particular exciting if you dont know the backstory ( if there is one). ;)

Also.. i want back the h8! (and my icon/post c_unt :/)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The ongoing saga.

TLDR:
My girlfriend and I are going on a 2-week cycling trip in southern Japan. So I'm posting "screenies" of what I'm working on-my touring bike.

Edit:
The wheel is completely bomb-proof. It's about as heavy/sturdy a wheel you can build. It has a tandem (built to carry two people) rim, DT-Swiss Alpine triple-butted spokes, and a 14-speed Rohloff hub.

You could use it on a motorcycle.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 10:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
Facility you mean?

Yes. Wouldn't that be cool? Maybe it would be better for

:rtcw:

Nice island, BTW.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 02:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.chimpans.se/ip/ <- screenshots from invertedpenguin, the map I and Fjoggs are making, its a WIP :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voodoochopstiks wrote:
http://www.chimpans.se/ip/ <- screenshots from invertedpenguin, the map I and Fjoggs are making, its a WIP :D

With a name like that, this map just can't fail ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.