Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        cm_inlinemodel: bad number

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: cm_inlinemodel: bad number

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm very new to mapping and have very limited knowledge. So far my map loads OK, but for some reason, since my last changes, the map won't load and I get a cm_inlinemodel error. I've tried deleting all my changes and the message is still showing. I've tried googling to see if there were any useful tips but alas, nothing.

Any ideas....??

Total brushes: 7261
Total entities: 72

func_door : 9
func_group: 26
info-player_deathmatch: 1
lights: 36

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you have any origin brushes?

Edit: To clarify, look for the origin shader in your shader pane. Make sure that you're only showing those in use. Likewise, have you added a bunch of doors or platforms recently?

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are a couple of things that can cause this nasty little error. See if one of the following helps you:

A) One cause may be that you have a brush with the origin texture that is not attached to a func_entity of some sort. In other words, you have an origin brush in your map that is not associated with some sort of entity. You can select an origin texture on one of the faces of one of your origin brushes and hit shift+a. This will select all of the origin brushes in your map. You can then hunt down the one that is not inside of an entity of some sort and delete it.

B) The other possibility is that you have busted the brush model limit (Not sure what the Quak3 limit is, but I would guess it to be 256). A brush model is an entity that is a brush complex. Examples are func_rotating clusters of brushes, Func_pendulums, Func_statics used for platforms etc. You may just have too many brush entities.

I hope this helps.

Ravensoft
Personal Site

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My question is, why do you have 2 threads on the same thing?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.