Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Starting Q3A Mapping - Test Thread

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Starting Q3A Mapping - Test Thread

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cleanup... went phpBB all the way in the Sticky.

Last edited by AEon on 02-11-2005 10:37 AM, edited 3 times in total.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This looks very bad (in several respects):

1. No HTML means all relative links are off :(

2. Will need total redesign, that is a LOT less functional.

Presently looking into the forum FAQ, to see what UBB can actually do.

Raw,
any chance to turn on HTML for the forum? Or at least (if that is actually not possible), get some code into the forum to allow UBB relative links?)

Just read:

Quote:
Can I add my own tags?
No, I am afraid not directly in phpBB 2.0. We are looking at offering customisable BBCode tags for the next major version.

Drat.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if i remember right, he said it was possible to allow certain single html features.

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
1. No HTML means all relative links are off :(

You can relate links to posts id, for example #3774.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

isn't there a phpbb hack/feature to allow admins and moderators to post html?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lukin wrote:
You can relate links to posts id, for example #3774.

well you can, but phpbb opens every link in a post in a new window, which lowers its usefulness.

aeon, this is the same forum as used on levelsource, if you were to copy back the edited version you put there, you might have more luck. otherwise, wait and see what raw can allow - phpbb allows you to turn on HTML but limit which tags are allowed.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blackjack,
right... been thinking about the LevelSource version I had edited to use here as well.

The per post linking, been thinking about that as well... only that when I first checked, there seems to be no mouseover link info anywhere in the single posts... but since it is possible, I could optimize, the distribution among posts, e.g. split it up more...

Presently I will wait for raw, and see what he thinks will be possible and then get a going :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.