Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Drinking 24 hours a day

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Drinking 24 hours a day

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, the law in the UK is changing, and by November, pubs and clubs can stay open 24 hours a day if they want.

What do ya reckon - good or bad? I'm hoping that 1000s of chavs will drink themselves to death...

Bye Doombrain!

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

newsflash: this has been done elsewhere before... and it's not that much different.

on the other hand: we are talking about the brits :icon32:

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome to civilization.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
newsflash: this has been done elsewhere before... and it's not that much different.

on the other hand: we are talking about the brits :icon32:

That's what i mean - we're a country of lager louts and football hooligans (hi doombrain), this could spell the end of productive society...

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just as long as people don't keep drinking at the same pace as if the pubs would close at 11

Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
Bbbllrrrrzzppp!!
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool, so by the time 18, I can finish work and go for a pint, brilliant :icon26:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i can see many people around here selling there homes

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i can see many people around here never returning to theirs.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 08:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
i can see many people around here selling there homes

:icon32:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if they're drinking themselves to death, no great loss. It will have more of an effect on clubs anyhow, and loads of them already have late licenses. Who would go to a pub at 6 in the morning?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its not who would go to a pub at 6AM, its who would leave it

i think its a good idea because all the clubs around my place are to fucking packed to get served

this just gives me more options along with other people, hopefully this will decrease traffic in clubs n shite :D

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Potential for a fuckload of people drinking themselves to begin with, and after that hopefully it'll settle down.

I'm for getting rid of kicking out times, at least people are less likely to be leaving in droves at the same time and kicking off at eachother.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's great, it means that drunks who've got beaten up will be coming in in a steady stream during office hours rather than one big rush at 11pm.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tis a grand idea, especially in the summer, Can't beat a nice cooool refreshing glass of larjer at 1am.

From a bar. Not a can. A bar.

http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats one of things we in NI find really stupid about the mainland UK.
Our bars 'close' here at 1.30am or 3.30am (depending on licence) and yet theres unofficial lock-ins til whenever whatever time the bar decides to kick people out, be it the next morning or Monday morning!

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

innit.

I don't see what the problem is, as long as there's a big enough club to hold all the wankers till gone 4am then the rest of the town should be relatively trouble-free.

Be good for the economy too!

http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blood.angel wrote:
Thats one of things we in NI find really stupid about the mainland UK.
Our bars 'close' here at 1.30am or 3.30am (depending on licence) and yet theres unofficial lock-ins til whenever whatever time the bar decides to kick people out, be it the next morning or Monday morning!

i heard that the law was enforced during world war 2 so that factory workers wouldnt get so lashed they couldnt go to work the next day... fuck knows why they didnt scrap it after the war :shrug:

PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LXS wrote:
I'm hoping that 1000s of chavs will drink themselves to death...

lol

PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing as I'm probably the foremost expert on partying till 8am I'd say it'd be awsome if they did that around here. Oh wait, they already do. Sure it's just a little illegal but fuckit, we can even smoke dope that way too!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we can do it over here illegaly aswell, just like everywhere on the globe

PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah but I bet it's not as much fun. :p

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

howd you work that one out ?

PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cause I'm here of course and I know the party is always happening where I'm at. :icon25:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Cause I'm here of course and I know the party is always happening where I'm at. :icon25:

you need to get some decent beer 1st

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Can't be good for the landlord to ring last orders though
At present they can say, drink up or the police will come in here and kick your arse
Without the guy rings the bell and instantaneously 20 to 40 people will lock eyes on him with intent to kill :icon32:

magine it in the royal exchange

**last orders please

nxt thing the bloke knows hes waking up in the gwent getting a guiness tap removed from his ass

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
Seeing as I'm probably the foremost expert on partying till 8am I'd say it'd be awsome if they did that around here. Oh wait, they already do. Sure it's just a little illegal but fuckit, we can even smoke dope that way too!

:shrug:

anyway - I live in a dry county but on each side of the county line there are beer stores and little clubs. All stay open 24/7 but two, but they all stop serving the hard stuff at like 9 or 10 and don't start again until around 9 the next morning. I drive by it everyday for school/work and everyday the parking lot is full of beat up ol' cars, guess they are good to keep the trash off the roads anyway. :icon29:

PostPosted: 02-08-2005 01:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You live in a dry county :icon19:

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LMAO.

Chavs.

Why do they think they're so hardcore?

PostPosted: 02-08-2005 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same reason you think you're so smart.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 05:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Having pubs open 'til 4 in Vancouver has helped the economy a lot. All night would be pretty interesting to see.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.