Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        1.4.2 Final Patch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: 1.4.2 Final Patch

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-05-2007 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's right though, Quake 4 was a crappy multiplayer game

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-06-2007 01:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Newbie here. I just installed the game and the patch on my mac. Looks great. Single payer works fine. When I try to get multiplayer going it doesn't list any servers. I'm definitely online and the seeting in the game is internet, not Lan. Any ideas? I'm hoping it's just a rookie mistake...

Thanks

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-28-2007 04:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi Spicy,

I recommend using something else other than the in game server browser. I use ASE (All Seeing Eye) as it seems far better than anything else I have used.

If you need to use the inbuilt browser make sure you dont have the filters set up to a certain game type...

Cheers

DC

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-29-2007 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wouldnt really recommend ASE for q4, since it cannot talk to the master server, or query current generation q4 servers properly. This is one reason i wrote MAXBrowse, which IMO is much easier to use than ASE, and works correctly with q4.

However, spicyfry is a Mac user, and so unfortunately cannot run it. I dont know if theres a "wine" like tool for the mac that can run windows apps under OSX... perhaps there is?

spicyfry, when you say you installed "the patch", do you mean the latest release? ie, 1.4.2? If so, you should see quite a lot of servers. If you've installed the previous patch (1.3), then you wont see many servers, and could suffer from a bug which hides those few that exist. So I'm gunna guess that you have 1.3 - you can check the version on the console.

Alhough there are a reasonable number of 1.4.2 servers, you will struggle to connect to many, since the current release of q4max isnt compatible with the Mac, so you can only play on "q4mp" servers at the moment. The next q4max release will be mac compatible, and thats not too far away, so at that point you should be able to play on almost all of the servers that Windows + linux users can play on.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 12-23-2007 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shouldn't this patch release be added into the Read Me?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.