Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        knocked back to the main Q3 menu

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: knocked back to the main Q3 menu

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-20-2006 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:rtcw: John Robinson

What's with the deal where I try to connect to various internet matches and I am knocked back to the main Q3 menu. There are some games I can connect and play, but they are default maps in Q3. I see the map preview so I have most of the maps being played, it's just I get bumped off and never connect to them. This has begun to happen alot more in the past few months. I have Comcast internet cable modem which I have reset, disconnected, whatever. I have pb installed correctly.

I can play some internet games, just alot, especially new maps get bumped. I have low pings so I have a good connection most games.

G5/2.0ghz/dual/2gigRAM/Tiger.8/Quake3/Comcast Internet Cable

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-21-2006 07:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Come on guy's, you've never experienced this??????
What's going on where I get knocked of of most game connections, before I get a chance to play them.

jr :rtcw:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-26-2006 03:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Punkbuster needs updating, invalid CD key, different version of Quake 3?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-31-2006 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, look, I've done the pb thing as instructed using the pb updater application in the correct folder then enabled in the console. I have the basic maps as well as alot of others.

But I am unable to play many DM games. I have no problem playing the rail games, excessive, freeze. But get bumped off to menu on the old great DM games. Is this again the case where I do not have the correct map? These are the main game maps, I don't understand.

Is there some problem w OSX48 and Q3 DM games? jr :icon23:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-04-2007 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dont think so, but do a console dump and blog it here for someone to look at

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-04-2007 07:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

S@M:

What is the process to do the DUMP?

I can't remember, sorry. I think I did this along time ago.

There has been an update. Last nite I was playing online in my favorite map, the Campgrounds which is a DM, so it has to be that the DM's I can't play are some hacked version of the original and I need to get the Map from the group, is that a correct assumption?

Thanks jr

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-04-2007 07:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

S@M:

What is the process to do the DUMP?

I can't remember, sorry. I think I did this along time ago.

There has been an update. Last nite I was playing online in my favorite map, the Campgrounds which is a DM, so it has to be that the DM's I can't play are some hacked version of the original and I need to get the Map from the group, is that a correct assumption?

Thanks jr

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-13-2007 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just use / 'condump blah.txt'

where blah is teh file name u want to use, plus think about posting the results in tnt rather than the mac forum, not sure anyone reads here anymore

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-13-2007 03:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks, Sam. Appreciate your help. jr

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-28-2008 03:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Might be a map u don't have that the server is running. If it's running a different version of q3 it will be displayed when u enter the server, afaik.

edit: I just noticed how old this topic was, oh!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.